Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BrokenCamerasPro2Problems

Second Pro 2 dead with "Sensor Fault" error15339

twinmoons private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

Yesterday we were scanning a property and our Matterport Pro 2 camera that is barely 14 months old, died on us with the "Sensor Fault" error. We tried everything that we've read here and on Matterport's site, but it refused to work. After a few reboots, it was able to scan about three more points, and then it died again. Now it's essentially a brick.

What bothers me the most is the fact that this isn't the first time this has happened. Our first Matterport Pro 2 died exactly the same way and we barely had it for 16 months. This is appalling for a camera that costs over $3,000. Not only that, since it's out of warranty, we have to shell out another $700 to get a replacement. We have multiple Nikon, Canon, and Panasonic cameras that get daily use and none of them have died yet in the last 5 years. What's more disturbing is that apparently, the "sensor fault" error is the blue screen of death or the 'check engine' light for the Matterport camera. No one at Matterport has provided us an explanation of what this error means or what causes it, other than, "you need to send it in for RMA and pay us money".

Being that this is our second camera going the same route (this time in only 14 months), this is definitely beginning to feel like a racket.

I mainly posted this out of utter frustration and to also get feedback from everyone else. How many other people have experienced this issue with their Pro 2?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Live at 5: Top 10 Matterport Pro1, Pro2 and Pro2 Lite Camera Repairs with @MatterFix Founder Mike Vorce | Wednesday, 11 November 2020

@twinmoons

Welcome to the WGAN Forum.

Ugh!

"Sensor" shows up 27 times in this transcript:

Transcript: WGAN-TV Top 10 Matterport Pro1, Pro2 & Pro2 Lite Camera Repairs

Does @MatterFix Founder Mike Vorce discuss your specific fault error in this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show? (Video above)

BTW, in the last seven years, a sensor error rarely shows up in WGAN Forum discussions (84,000 posts among 14,000 topics).

You might search WGAN Forum by tags: Repairs (and various tags beginning with Sensor ...

Best,

Dan

P.S. Free! 12 months of WGAN-TV Training Academy Membership with MatterFix repairs of $250 or more.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks, Dan.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Matterport
Camera
Repair Service
Gainesville, Florida
MatterFix private msg quote post Address this user
@twinmoons - check with me first if you have another problem with one of your Matterport cameras...we can take care of quite a few issues quickly and usually for less than $300. If it ends up being a problem that we cannot repair, there’s no charge from us and we can coordinate shipping the camera to Matterport.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks, @MatterFix. I haven't decided yet whether I want to shell out another $700 to send this to them or not. It's great to know that we do have another option!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Matterport
Camera
Repair Service
Gainesville, Florida
MatterFix private msg quote post Address this user
If you send it to us there won’t be a charge if we can’t fix it and I might be able to talk to someone at Matterport about your situation (based on what you’ve said about having the same issue with a previous camera) and possibly help there.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I wanted to post an update on this. Today I heard back from Matterport support, and I was VERY pleasantly surprised that they made a one-time exception to keep this under warranty although it was about 14 months out. I definitely wanted to make sure they receive recognition for providing excellent support and resolve the issue in a fair manner.

@MatterFix, definitely keeping you in mind for any future issues!
Post 7 IP   flag post
101429 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?