Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVShowrooms

Adding Virtual Tours to Google Maps / Street View15318

jpierce360 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a customer that is looking to integrate both of their showroom virtual tours to google maps, which sounds easy but does google allow for multiple tours to be added to the same account?

I don't know why they wouldn't but i'm not 100% sure either.
Anyone has experience with this type of situation?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Matterport
Camera
Repair Service
Gainesville, Florida
MatterFix private msg quote post Address this user
If you upload them separately, they should both show on Google Maps / Street View. Just be aware that when you upload to Google, it will publish all of the panoramas and create lots of nav links. Best practice is to download the published project from Google and then curate it using Pano2vr or GoThru and then re-upload.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi jpierce,
To clarify when you go to publish to Google Street View it will ask you for the business details.
So first do a search and make sure the client has two separate Google listings, one for each location.
Second, check that the map location is correct for each listing.
You should correct this if it is wrong before attempting to upload the tour.
You need to choose the appropriate location for each tour.
Google will place the tour in the correct general location, but you may need to rotate the tour to match the alignment of the building in GSV.

I wrote the following in response to another topic in the past:
When you go to publish you type in the business name as it is on their Google My Business listing.
Make sure you publish using the Highlight Reel.
Google then uses all the non-hidden scans to create the tour, but only presents the highlight reel images on the listing.
This gives a very nice feel to the Google tour.
Note: Google assumes that your scans were shot facing North, and will use that orientation when presenting the scans in search.
Finally it takes days for all the navigation to show up, so do not panic when you first see the tour which will at first lack any connection between scans!
Regards
Oliver
Post 3 IP   flag post
On the subject of controlling what Google shows in 360 images in it’s results on Google search and Google Maps there appears to be a degree of confusion, based on various posts.
Many people suggest downloading the spheres, curating into a 2D tour and uploading to GSV.
This is a hell of a lot of work, and I have yet to meet the client who was willing to pay for the time involved.
It is also totally unnecessary.
If you publish all the spheres in the Matterport tour to GSV the results are horrible.
Google’s not very bright AI will use a lot of random images of corridors, fire extinguishers and so on in the client’s google listing.
However, if you create a highlight reel on the Matterport tour and choose the Highlight Reel when you go to publish to GSV from Matterport then the magic happens.
Google only shows the Highlight Reel images in the Google search results.
It does use all the spheres to create the tour, giving a very smooth GSV tour, but the viewer is quite unaware of this.
To give an example this is the eleven-bedroom Silver Birch rental property Matterport Tour:

This is its listing on GSV
clickable text
If you go to the 360’s on Google you will see they chose from the Highlight Reel.
Oliver
Post 4 IP   flag post
Matterport
Camera
Repair Service
Gainesville, Florida
MatterFix private msg quote post Address this user
@gladsmuir - I was not aware of some of the facts/details you pointed out in your post....thanks for the info! This makes the whole publishing to GSV process more clear and easier.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
To be honest I do not see any reason to publish just reel panos because you are cutting of a lot of scan points that each will bring more views to a client GMB. I'd rather download it from GSV into pano2VR pro remove excesive linking and re-publish it.

As for publishing multiple tours to one GMB. If they overlap or close to each other it can be messy because Google may join one tour with the other. It won't happen though if a client has multiple floors and each floor has its own tour. In this case you just have to name floors correctly in Matterport according to how floors are usually named in your country. For example in Au a ground floor is represented by a name "GL", then goes "L1", "L2" etc.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Interesting point @Wingman, and it reflects what I thought at first about using Matterport to publish to GSV.
The first point to make is that Google publishes all the spheres, whichever method of publishing you choose.
So, the user experience once someone start to navigate through the tour is precisely the same.
The difference is if you publish using the Highlight Reel then you oversee which 360’s appears in the client’s Google Business listing.
When I published my first tour through Matterport, I choose to use all the scans as you suggest, because that seemed logical to me at the time.
The result was a disaster.
When you viewed that client’s business on Google search and Google Maps the pane with their 360’s was flooded with dozens and dozens of spheres, with the most prominent ones being very unglamorous images of corridors, nooks, and corners of the small historic hotel.
This was because I was trusting Google’s algorithm to choose the best spheres.
The difference with using the Highlight Reel is that you are telling Google which 360’s best represents the client’s business.
In the case of Silver Birch there are eleven bedrooms and bathrooms, three kitchens, three living areas, and several exterior terraces showing views of the sea through one of the last ancient forests in Ireland.
I choose the ‘top twenty’ spheres for the Highlight Reel to represent everything the property had to offer, and Google chose from those spheres.
At the end of the day, it comes down to whether you want to be in control of the outcome, or not.
It is worth saying that publishing the client’s tour to GSV is the most astonishing return on investment (ROI) in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) irrespective of how large a fee you charge the client for the service.
I took it that jpierce360’s original question related to two separate tours, at two locations, rather than in different floors of one building.
If you publish a second tour to a clients GMB listing the second will overwrite the first, so you end up with one tour.
You cannot publish two separate virtual tours to one GMB listing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
BTW,
If one publishes to GSV from pano2VR pro, which we do in certain circumstances, you cannot indicate to Google which spheres are the most relevant.
Using the Highlight Reel to flag the 'best' spheres is a benefit that is exclusive to publishing through Matterport.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101646 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?