Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Commercial Real EstateNewbiesQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: building a business around commercial scanning?15305

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Monday, 26 July 2021:

"I would love to here about thoughts on building a business around commercial scanning. Who has done it, how hard was it to get going and what is it like?"

Best,

Dan

P.S. Today's WGAN Question of the Day is from @megwilliams whom writes here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by megwilliams
Hi everyone. My name is Meg. I've been living a simple life in Central America for the past six years and have come back to the US because I need to make some money. I am an ex Real Estate Agent and as I've been stuying to get my liscense again I've been researching technology changes and I ran across Matterport and this site.

My desire is to work smarter, not harder and I'm becoming very interested in 3D Scanners. I have lots to learn and lots of questions. I'm impressed by the vibe of this site and forum, I sense that it is a good place to learn and connect.

I am starting to think going into commercial RE and learning to scan commercial property (with something like the Leica BLK360) might be a way to work smarter.

I would love to here about thoughts on building a business around commercial scanning. Who has done it, how hard was it to get going and what is it like?

Grateful to be a part of this forum. Thanks in advance for time taken to share your stories and experience with me.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Virtour private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Megwilliams,

Welcome back to the US - I hope you've enjoyed your time living (what I hope was) a relaxing and stress-free life in CA

Our team's main focus has been in the NYC commercial space; we've found that in the enterprise space (and with larger organizations overall), folks want someone who they can trust throughout the process. We're super transparent that we will not be the cheapest option and if they're looking for that, we can direct them to a number of different teams. But if they are looking for their hands held from start to finish, and for a team that they can comfortably put in front of c-level executives without fear of looking foolish, that's our value-prop.

You can buy a steak at a local bodega, and you can purchase one at a 5-star steakhouse. In many cases, the meat is coming from the same animal - it's all about how it's being cooked and presented. In the commercial space, the client experience can be the best differentiating factor, assuming that you can film/produce large spaces properly.

Happy to chat further if there's any additional value I can provide.

Wishing you much luck and success!
Noam
Post 2 IP   flag post
SkyGuys private msg quote post Address this user
I'm doing it, it's hard.
Post 3 IP   flag post
SkyGuys private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGuys
I'm doing it, it's hard.
Edit: It was late, I didn't realize the question was related to commercial real estate, rather I thought she meant 'commercially' as in.. new markets not yet targeted by Matterport, i.e. construction. What makes THAT hard is the deliverables.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101436 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?