Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Color PrinterMarketingPrinter

What Color Printer Do You Use?15298

Rockwall, Texas
Dcook001 private msg quote post Address this user
Looking for a good color photo printer for brochures & flyers.

Any recommendations woulsd be appreciated!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I have been rocking' the Cannon Color ImageCLASS MF733Cdw for a little over a year now with no complaints

Post 2 IP   flag post
Rockwall, Texas
Thank you Lilnitsch.

Any other suggestions from fellow members?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dcook001
We have printed all kinds of postcards, fliers, and brochures for several our businesses over the past three decades, and the first point to make is that it is better to keep your costs down, as the return rate can be very low.
Aside from a Dymo LabelWriter which is great for office use, creating labels for binders, folders, and envelopes we use three printers.
Canon supply HP with all their technology and we have been using the two brands for over thirty years without any major issues.
First up a Canon A4 photo printer which is great for postcards and point of sale material.
They also produce an A3 machine, but costs are higher.
Photo printers use liquid inks and special media/paper, but you get super quality.
Photo media is generally one sided, although expensive paper that allows for laser on the reverse is available.
Photo paper is not suited to folding.
Second a HP colour laser printer that takes four toners. Printers ship with very small quantities of toner, and they are expensive to replace.
The quality off this printer really is sharp and the colour is good, but it is not photographic.
We use this for A5 fliers, A4 folded 4-page brochures, and A6 handouts.
To keep costs down we generally print on the reverse using our third item, a basic HP black and white laser printer.
The HP is cheap to run and goes on forever, as the mechanism gets changed with every toner replacement. We have replaced ours only because the connectivity with desktops changed over the decades.
All the printers run well on inks and toner cartridges from the established white label suppliers.
The reason why we do not use the four colour HP to print B&W is that the machine tracks your usage and will demand new toner cartridges after a certain number of impressions, even if the cartridges are almost full. So, printing B&W on the colour machine is many times more expensive than on the mono HP Laser.
Good luck with your marketing.
Oliver
Post 4 IP   flag post
Rockwall, Texas
Very informative, Thank you
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@Gladsmuir

When I need larger run or higher production quality I'll simply order prints from one of many printing service that can be found online.

I chose the color laser printer for convenience & for the document feeder
Post 6 IP   flag post
dndavis private msg quote post Address this user
Canon Pixma PRO-100 (now discontinued). It's an excellent, 8-color printer.

That said, photo printing isn't cheap. A common misconception people have is that they'll save money by printing only occasionally. If you're not printing at least once every week or two, you'll go through more ink in cleaning cycles than you would if you just printed some random photo every week and threw it away.

Also, printing is a discipline in itself. Check out the photo of Henri Cartier-Bresson and Josef Koudelka begging their printer, Voja Mitrovic, not to retire: https://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2010/08/voya-mitrovic-part-i.html

I once had to color-correct another photographer's attempt at self-printing a group photo. The color cast looked more like the patients in a hepatitis ward than it did a bunch of healthy, middle-school children.

Jose Rodriguez's YouTube channel has a wealth of information about printing at home. Start there if you're new (or not so new) at photo printing. https://www.youtube.com/user/cheo1949

Online, I like Bay Photo Lab (bayphoto.com). I have no affiliation with the company.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Rockwall, Texas
Thank you!
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
If it is not constant demand for printing I agree with @lilnitsch

You simply can make it cheaper and with better quality if you order it online.

I am using Vistaprint for that. I have ordered my flyers, business cards and even big car magnets from them.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Volume printing will be cheaper from a professional source, but it comes with a health warning.
On the one hand for many years, when we produced a monthly full colour, glossy 32 page A4 magazine with a 7,500-print run and multiple biannual 96 page A5 booklets, each with a 20,000-print run, we had them professionally printed, and that was fine as they were distributed straight away.
However, I still get a migraine when I think of the amount of printed material we put in the recycling when for example the London phone codes were changed three times in a decade, Google rebranded the original Trusted Photographer product every 18 months, or our product evolved and the brochures, flyers, postcards, business cards and the rest were made redundant.
So, printing short runs on your own equipment is a great way of testing the market and tweaking the material as you learn from your mistakes.
When you’ve nailed it then send it out for a long professional print run but try and resist the apparent value offered by ordering way more than you can ever use.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Rockwall, Texas
All good points. I appreciate each if you taking the time to respond
Thank you all!
Post 11 IP   flag post
101421 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?