Video: Matterport Listing Day on NASDAQ (Friday, 23 July 2021) | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 24 July 2021

WGAN Forum Related Discussion

✓ Tagged: Matterport Going Public | MTTR

Transcript (Matterport video above)

[00:02:36]
David Wicks: Well, good afternoon, everyone and happy Friday. For those of you I haven't met, my name is David Wicks. I'm Vice President of Listings here at NASDAQ.

[00:02:57]
David Wicks: It is truly my great pleasure to welcome Chief Executive Officer, RJ Pittman, and the entire Matterport team to NASDAQ. Needless to say, today is a major milestone as Matterport embarks on its journey as a publicly listed company, listing on NASDAQ under the symbol MTTR. We're excited that you could all join us right here at the crossroads of the world in Time Square, New York as we get set to ring today's closing bell.

[00:03:25]
David Wicks: First round of applause. What do you all think? One more round of applause, let's kick it off. All right. I like it. Much better. Matterport is fundamentally improving the way people understand and interact with the physical world. You're leading the digital transformation of the built world, removing the barriers that have kept buildings and other physical spaces underutilized for decades. Valued at nearly $230 trillion, the built world is the largest asset class on the planet.

[00:04:14]
David Wicks: It's also the largest undisrupted market with less than 1% digitized and Matterport is squarely positioned to lead it. By bringing buildings and spaces online, you're changing how homes are bought and sold, retail stores are planned out, hotels or vacation homes are marketed, facilities are managed or designed, and construction projects are completed.

[00:04:41]
David Wicks: Matterport has created a solution that will scale with equal precision to the millions of buildings and spaces of any type, shape, and size in the world, and across multiple industries that design, build, promote, and manage them. As a disruptive company, sitting at the intersection of technology, physical space, and data, we couldn't be more excited to be your partner. We look forward to supporting Matterport as you all continue to grow and innovate as a NASDAQ-Listed company. Now it is my pleasure, please join me in welcoming Matterport's CEO, RJ Pittman. RJ.

[00:05:34]
RJ Pittman: Well, here we are. What an incredibly magical momentous occasion, 10 years in the making. This is Matterport. Congratulations. I want to thank Matt and Dave, our founders, for your courage and grit to dig in, to invent and disrupt 10 years ago when nobody was thinking about the built world in the way you were thinking about it.

[00:06:11]
RJ Pittman: Together, over the last 10 years, we have shouldered that pioneering vision and we brought it to life, and we brought Matterport to the built world in a way that has never been seen before. We've digitized 5 million buildings in a 150 countries around the world. That's 5 times the number of buildings in all of New York City. It's just the start. As we like to say, the start of the start.

[00:06:43]
RJ Pittman: I'd like to thank the extraordinary leadership team that is here today. Talk about showing true grit, determination, and tenacity to get to this moment. Of course, this is all because of our 'Matterpeeps' that are joining us, watching, dialing in from all over the world. This moment is for you. I love you all and I can't wait to see you when we're back. This is going to be a day and a year to celebrate and one to remember forever.

[00:07:17]
RJ Pittman: Finally, a special thanks to our new investors and our long-time investors and board members that saw something in Matterport 10 years ago. They believed that we could do something that would fundamentally change the built world and every physical space around us. And they never gave up that belief all the way through. I'm so happy that we're able to deliver on that promise. In the words of the great Steve Perry from Journey, don't stop believing.

[00:07:47]
RJ Pittman: Matterport turned 10-years-old just a few weeks ago and what a decade it has been. But I have never been more excited for a decade ahead in my entire life than I am right now. The next 10 years are ours. We are so excited. Thank you to NASDAQ for your incredible support and partnership. I know that this day is going to live on forever because we have 'Matterported' the NASDAQ MarketSight and created a digital twin that we can visit and experience and share with the world for years to come. Most of all, I'm looking forward to getting back to work and supporting our customers who we delight and strive to help them win every single day. Thank you.

[00:08:43]
David Wicks: Congratulations. RJ, in simplest terms, you're the reason we exist and we're so proud to be your partner on this journey as you enter the public markets. We look forward to celebrating many more milestones, but this afternoon, proud to present you and your team with our Closing Bell crystal.

[00:09:04]
RJ Pittman: Thank you so much.

[00:09:06]
David Wicks: Congratulations.

[00:09:14]
RJ Pittman: This is fantastic.

[00:09:23]