Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro2Pro3

Pro2 $2395 today - new camera coming?15124

dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Matterport anniversary..... think the Pro3s around the corner?

Matterport is turning 10 today!
We are celebrating with a once-in-a-decade special offer* for you to save $1,000 on our best-in-class Matterport Pro2 camera. Regularly $3,395, take advantage of our anniversary celebration and buy now for $2,395.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@dave3d

Thanks for posting.

Please see this related WGAN Forum discussion:

Question of the Day: Does this sale price mean a MP Pro3 is imminent?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
Missed that one thanks!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@dave3d

You don't hang on my every word!?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
No matter how you look at any offer from MP, you always have to remember that your are renting this device even though you have paid outright for the camera . Remember the camera is useless without a monthly subscription although it makes a great doorstop . Stop paying MP's monthly fees on any of their cameras even a possible wiz-bang-do-it-all MP 3 and you are screwed and all of your hard work and customers go DARK unless your poor customers wants to pick up the monthly bill.

Just imagine if Canon or Nikon did the same thing. Only MP can pull this off but for how long as more solutions come on line which YOU the Service Provider or customer truly owns.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t think a new camera is around the corner.

Capture Services scans with a pro2. At the moment because the tech is old they must make a lot of money on the sale of the pro2.

If anything it is to encourage more people to start scanning at the entry level and lower the average scanning price.

They seem to be most concerned about any potential competition at the infrastructure end.

If there was some competition likely to make big inroads within a year, then I would see a pro 3 being released to blow them out of the water.

For me I just invested in a Leica BLK 360. It can be used for things outside Matterport anyway.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
@GarySnyder I agree this is a rental.

As far as Nikon etc go, it’s a new field so it’s only a matter of time until someone puts the breaks on monopolistic behaviour.

I think Matterport’s biggest risk is that their contracts are to be judged by a court in California. Many of the articles of the contract now infringe on rules regarding subcontracting etc in some legal families. It’s likely that if Matterport irritates a court outside the US that their terms of service will be judged outside of California.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Matterport ShopTalk 23 Webinar: Matterport Pro2 Referral Program | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 16 June 2021

---

@dave3d

In the description of this Matterport video (Above | 16 June 2021), Matterport writes:

Familiar with our Pro2 Referral Program? Join Amir as he covers this program inside and out. Even if you already know about the program, we encourage you to attend the webinar to learn about our 10-year anniversary special that we’ll be running for a very limited time. See you there!

I have not had a chance to watch (yet). Perhaps you could watch and let us know:

1. what is the Matterport special offer?
2. your thoughts about the Matterport special offer?

BTW, I write about the Matterport Referral Program here:

8 Ways to Improve the Matterport Referral Program

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
There was something in the last day about an Amazon days special Pro 2 offer, camera AND a hard case for $2,395, June 21+22 only. Was I dreaming?
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Home3D

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/15119/page/1/question-of-the-day-does-this-sale-price-mean-a-mp-pro3-is-imminent/

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Matterport Pro2 3D Camera + Free Hard Case Offer

Matterport Pro2 3D Camera + Free Hard Case Offer [Does not include the tripod and quick release plate]

Hi All,

Please see above about how to receive a free hard case for Matterport Pro2 3D Camera.

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
BenAdgie private msg quote post Address this user
Seems to me that free case is no longer available.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@BenAdgie

Did you place both in your shopping cart using the link above?

"Discounts applied at checkout," according to the Matterport blog.

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
BenAdgie private msg quote post Address this user
Yes. We were not able to see the same active promotion from your screen shot. No option anywhere for the case during the shopping and checkout process. We found that same case on Amazon and it shows as unavailable.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@BenAdgie

I (just) check the link again. And, it is GONE! (3:38 pm EDT Monday, 21 June 2021)

You might ask Matterport Support if they will still honor the free case offer. Or, how they might honor the offer.

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@BenAdgie

Ugh! Just found this on the Matterport blog describing the offer:

"Note: hard case supply is limited, but you can still enjoy $1,000 off the Matterport Pro2 even if the case is sold out!"

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Free! WGAN-TV Training U (in Matterport) 1-Year Membership when you use this WGAN affiliate link to buy any My Case Builder case for $150 or more. WGAN.INFO/MyCaseBuilder

@BenAdgie

Here are the cases that I helped design for Matterpeeps (and, yes, WGAN affiliate links).

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
101602 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?