Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BLK360Pro2QuestionsStatistics

how many Matterport Pro2 3D Cameras have been sold in the US?15118

dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone seen any info on total sales?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Matterport presentation slide at SPAR3D Expo & Conference in Anaheim, CA | 23 May 2019

@dave3d

I estimate that Matterport has sold 40,000 Matterport Pro2 3D Cameras - worldwide - as of 30 June 2021.

Why do you ask?

About 20,000 Matterport Pro2 3D Cameras were sold (worldwide) as of 23 May 2019, according to a Matterport presentation at SPAR3D Expo & Conference in Anaheim, CA.

Matterport Presentation at SPAR3D; Around 20,000 Matterport Cameras Sold

(I believe that's before Matterport started supporting some 360 cameras.)

In this WGAN Forum post about Matterport going public announcement on 8 February 2021, Matterport said they had 250,000 Subscribers in 150 Countries:

Matterport Statistics: 250,000 Subscribers; $85.9 million in Revenue: up 87%

Many of those accounts are likely free accounts using Matterport Capture app solely with a smartphone.

In searching for how many Matterport Pro2 3D cameras have been sold, I did a quick search of:

Transcript: Matterport/Gores Holdings VI Biz Combo Announcement Call

And found this:

Finally, we invented a high-precision, 3D, spatial data camera called the Matterport Pro2. This breakthrough innovation is a proprietary technology that captures unparalleled spatial data for our customers at scale. Product revenue from the sale of our camera is expected to be $33.3 million for 2020, up 79% from 2019.

1. Assuming the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera average sales price was $3,400, that's 9,800 Pro2 Cameras sold.
2. Assuming the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera average sales price was $3,000, that's 11,100 Pro2 Cameras sold.

If you take the 20,000 Matterport Pro2 3D Cameras sold by 23 May 2019 (see above) and add 5,000 for the balance of 2019 and 10,000 for 2020, then Matterport has sold about 35,000 cameras, as of 31 December 2021. If you add another 5,000 cameras for the first six months of 2021, that's a total of 40,000 estimated Matterport Pro2 3D Cameras sold as of 30 June 2021.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Dan,

But I'm not looking for worldwide - I'm looking for US only and hadn't seen anything.

I'm actually wondering about MSP density and distribution in the US. How many active businesses (not realtors who own a camera - and independent of Matterport's own employees doing capture (gotta be some by now right?)) whose business model include Matterport Pro2 capture, exist in the US. I personally know of several cameras that were purchased and quickly retired as capture and processing were more work than the buyer thought. So gross sales numbers, while reflective of distribution, are misleading. Scans can be done on any device so they don't reflect differentiated Pro2 activity at all.

How would you define an active Pro2 MSP? Maybe the number of non-realtor Matterport accounts in the US that have uploaded at least 4 Pro 2 scans for processing in the last 45 days?

Basically how many companies offering Pro2 capture are there in this country as A and as B on a map of the US..... where are they?

Matterport of course has this information from their data and hosting accounts.

Dave
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@dave3d

Why do you ask about Matterport Pro2 3D Camera sales to Matterport Service Providers in the United States?

1. As far as I know, Matterport has not released Matterport Pro2 3D Camera sales data for the United States.
2. Is the WGAN Find a Matterport Service Provider Map helpful to you?
3. When we don't have a WGAN Member with a public profile on the map for an inbound inquiry for a Matterport digital twin, I post to the WGAN Forum - Matterport Service Provider Wanted in [USA Market], nearly 100 percent of the time, we are able to find a Matterport Service Provider and connect the inbound lead to that Pro.

For clarification, Matterport HAS the density/coverage to get a Matterport digital twin done nearly anywhere in the United State.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder how many "active digital properties" they have, not the cumulative number? As seen in the screenshot.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
We have 7 Matterport Pro 2s, we have been scanning since early 2016. Until we went to an Enterprise account we continually cleaned out old residential properties. We currently have about 1200 active properties, but about a year and a half ago we began to scan commercial properties and became collaborators for more than a few companies, which we love. We estimate that we have scanned over 4,000 to 4,500 properties to date.

We also just purchased a Leica BLK 360 and have completed 9 projects with several still to be done. Some of these are both BLK and Matterport. We probably will add another BLK within the next 45 days.We do not use the Matterport capture app with the BLK due to client output requirements.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
By the way, I did forget to add, that Dan and WGAN has been instrumental in our Commercial growth. We have been able to build on the opportunities that Dan has helped provide. If you do not use what WGAN provides, then someone else will have YOUR seat on the boat. The ideas and opportunities seem to be endless and grow more everyday.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rko1
By the way, I did forget to add, that Dan and WGAN has been instrumental in our Commercial growth. We have been able to build on the opportunities that Dan has helped provide. If you do not use what WGAN provides, then someone else will have YOUR seat on the boat. The ideas and opportunities seem to be endless and grow more everyday.

@rko1

Congrats on your success/growth.

And, thank you for your super-kind note.

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
101636 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?