Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport Capture Services ProgramMatterport NotesMatterport Service ProvidersMSPsPoachingStealing

How to reduce Matterport Capture Services poaching of Collaborators15097

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

My Matterport Screen Grab 1: Matterport Capture Services "display ad" marketing its On-Demand Services (including to Matterport Collaborators)

My Matterport Screen Grab 2: Where to disable Matterport Capture Services "display ad" marketing its On-Demand Services to Collaborators

Hi All,

Got the feeling that Matterport is trying to poach your clients?

Here's how to reduce Matterport Capture Services from poaching your Matterport Collaborators.

From this WGAN Forum discussion:

Matterport Capture Services: Who Will Stand Up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by @HomePlanNZ
... But some good news - through dialog with MP Support they let me know that there is now a 'manage' admin setting to disable the Capture Services icon and advert for collaborators - I see this as an acknowledgement that MP had overstepped and now doing 'the right thing'.

Suggest you look at this setting if you want to turn it off.

I've fed back that I think it should not just be an option for collaborator access - it should also be an option to turn it off for everyone.

To help further reduce Matterport Capture Services from poaching of your Matterport Collaborators, give your Matterport Collaborators one of your email addresses:

Client1@yourcompanyhere.com
Client2@yourcompanyhere.com
Client3@yourcompanyhere.com

In addition to being easier for your client, any Matterport Capture Services emails (if any) or other Matterport marketing emails will go to your email addresses (that you can delete) and avoid your Matterport Collaborator Clients from receiving solicitations from Matterport.

Here are WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Poaching (going back at least five years attempting to sell Matterport Cameras to Collaborators)

Your thoughts?

Dan

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Matterport Capture Services | Collaborators | Poaching | Sneaky
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

What is the default setting here when you check your Matterport account?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Default was ON.

Seriously, the mindset of these idiots.

WHY would any MSP, under any circumstances want Matterport to sell a scan to their own collaborators? What am I missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Hi All,

What is the default setting here when you check your Matterport account?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grabs: Monday, 12 July 2021
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Matterport Notes | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 24 August 2021

Video: Matterport Notes | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 25 August 2021

Hi All,

Hmmmmm.....

With the addition of Matterport Notes (public beta announced Wednesday, 25 August 2021), Matterport likely creates more tension between Matterport Service Providers and Matterport poaching clients.

For clarification, Matterport Notes - an awesome new tool for creating conversations within Matterport spaces - only works with those invited as a Collaborator to a Matterport Space. So, if a client asks for this feature and you enable by adding Collaborators, then Matterport will be marketing directly to your clients (and your client's invited guests).

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab from My.Matterport.com account for We Get Around Network on Thursday, September 9, 2021.

My understanding is thatMatterport Collaborators see this Matterport Capture Services On-Demand messaging too.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
I think Matterport Service Providers are dead men walking. The writing is on the wall that Matterport thinks they can eliminate them. MSS or you are on your own and all clients are fair game for all marketing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
I have no collaborators.

Not really sold on the idea that Matterport can destroy us. I know that they want to destroy us, not sure they have the competence. There are a lot of us, and most retail users want one stop shopping- photos and Matterport at a minimum.

As evidence- we service an area of east Florida and have been signed up for the Capture services from Day 1. There is a ton of new construction, hotels, and corporate real estate here. These should be prime customers for Capture Services, but we have only scanned like 6-7 jobs, ever.

In my opinion, they are failing miserably when it comes to selling their dream. Another Achilles Heel in Capture Services is that any mid-level marketing guy at like Marriott or whatever is going to quickly grasp that they could scan IN-HOUSE for a tiny fraction of what Matterport would charge them.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with your concern about their competence and execution. I'm not so convinced they won't muck it up first.

If it was really easy, everyone with a lidar-equipped iPhone / iPad would be using those devices to light the World on fire. It's possible that Marriott could hire someone in-house. But chances are that they would discover what the rest of us already know. Matterport was designed for houses. Scanning commercial is do-able but not easy. Especially if you want it done well.

Anyone can take a snapshot..... that doesn't make it a well executed photograph.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101636 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?