Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro2Question of the DayScanning

Question of the Day: Can a Matterport Pro2 scan 3,100 SQ FT in 72 Minutes?14979

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Matterport Pro2 Camera | Easy-to-Use Reality Capture | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 25 May 2021

Can a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera scan 3,100 SQ FT house in 72 Minutes?

Hi All,

Today's WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Wednesday, May 26, 2021 is inspired by the Matterport video (above) that says a Matterport digital twin of the residential space (in the video) was scanned with a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera in 1 hour and 12 minutes:

==>Can a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera scan 3,100 SQ FT house in 72 Minutes?

(There are other claims in the video too. I encourage you to watch it.)

Best,

Dan

Transcript (video above)

You are looking at a complete 3D Matterport model. The size of this home is 3,100 square feet, but it only took one hour and 12 minutes to scan the entire house.

Every angle and every detail was captured with Matterport's camera, a game-changing piece of technology that is faster and easier to use beyond your imagination.

Just take into consideration this home as an example of how you can start creating your very own Matterport models in no time at all.

For starters, the Matterport camera has a built-in wifi that will connect directly to an iPad. Essentially turning that iPad into a remote control. Tap Add New Job and you're ready to begin scanning.

The scanning process with the Pro2 is as easy as 1-2-3. One, set your camera in place. Two, press the scan button. Three, repeat. Each scan takes 30 seconds. When the camera is done rotating, you're ready to pick a new position approximately five to 10 feet away from the previous scan point. Then simply set, scan, and repeat the process throughout every room in the house.

This room, for example, will be completely captured in just four scans and the entire process only took two minutes and 10 seconds. Now watch what happens when we enter another room and create a new standpoint.

With every complete scan, the Matterport software automatically builds out a map of the entire house you don't ever have to worry about inputting data manually while you scan. This camera collects all the necessary data for a completely immersive 3D experience. All you have to do is work your way through the house while simply pressing a button. It really is as easy as 1-2-3.

Matterport.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
For starters not all 3,100 SqFt homes are created equal. First thing that I am noticing is the person that captured the demoed model above didn't grab any exterior spaces nor did they grab the garage.

Other things that effect the capture time is people, pets and to a lessor extent time of day/lighting.

I always plan for 45 minutes to an hour per 1,000 SqFt as a rough estimate that said I am typically shooting Matterport, a Zillow 3D home tour, & Stills at the same time and more and more frequently I am also shooting a walkthrough video
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
The home in the video above (assuming no people or pets to work around) and just shooting a Matterport Tour I believe I could shave some time off of this while capturing the garage and some exterior spaces
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Realistically, Matterport should have also included the tour link to better showcase the model and technology
Post 4 IP   flag post
101641 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?