Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasCapture AppNewbiesProblemsScanning

LED and Florescent lighting effect on MP1497

yoon2366 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, my name is Eric, and I am new to this forum. I ordered a camera last week and its currently on its way to my office. I made an appointment with a small local museum to shoot matterport as my first project, but I have a concern in the museum's lighting system. Most of the museums are changing their lighting systems into LED due to its economic efficiency. As it is already discussed in this forum, LED and florescent lights are causing banding and some issues in photographs. I would like to know whether this happens to particular types of LED and Florescent lights or this phenomenon is prevalent for every LED and Florescent light. Also, I would like to know whether there are ways to avoid banding being captured in photographs, and whether there some cases that banding does not appear.

Thank you for your answer! Your answer would really help me on my first project since I am really nervous now.
Post 1 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Eric

I just shot a 6,000 sq ft home that was lit with nothing but LED lights and had no problem but two weeks ago I shot another large home which had LED lights in many of the rooms and got caught out in one of the rooms who had a different type of LED light which I could see no difference in.

The only thing I can say is to look out for LED lights which have a faint blue hue. This may be difficult to see if there is any sun light present in the room which was the case with the room that I encountered the dreaded blue streaks in. I’ve never had a problem with florescent lighting but perhaps being that the lights here run on 50 cycles it might make a differences.

The long and short of the blue streak issue is it’s difficult to have a simple solution to the problem and if anyone in the forum have any solutions which they found useful please join in here. It would be nice to if there was a device one could use to view the LED lighting and see if they’re generating the blue light that causes streaks. One other thought is the problem may be caused by old LED lights which used a combination of colors to generate white light but that is just a guess.

One last point, MP is aware of this problem and are trying to come up with a fix but no one knows when this may happen.

The only thing you can do is to tell your customer that some types of LED lighting may cause blue streaks and you can’t determine if this may affect the quality of the shoot till it’s processed. This is what I tell my customers when I shoot a locations with LED lighting.

Good luck in your first shoot and please let us know how it turns out. If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask in the forum.

All the best
Gary
Post 2 IP   flag post
yoon2366 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for your advice, Gary. I really appreciate it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101429 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?