Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AutosHow toLargeRVRV ShowroomRV Showroom.TipsTranscriptVideo

Transcript: WGAN-TV 21 Tips for Creating Matterport Tours of a RV Showroom14963

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
102 WGAN-TV | 21 Tips for Creating Matterport Tours of a RV Showroom with 30 RVsLisbon, Portugal-based TEX MEDIA PT Founder Pedro Teixeira (@Pedrotex69)

Screen Grab: GoCaravaning.com Matterport Digital Twin by Lisbon, Portugal and London, England-based TEX MEDIA PT Pedro Teixeira (@Pedrotex69) | Matterport 3D Tour Only

Transcript: WGAN-TV | 21 Tips for Creating Matterport Tours of a RV Showroom with 30 RVs

Hi All,

Transcript below ...

Thanks to Lisbon, Portugal-based TEX MEDIA PT Founder Pedro Teixeira (@Pedrotex69) for (way more than) 21 Tips for Creating Matterport Tours of a RV Showroom with 30 RVs.

Here is the tour Pedro walked us through:

Go Caravaning Virtual Tour Landing Page (Tour Only)
✓ Below is the How to View This Virtual Tour (in Portuguese)
✓ Matterport Digital Twin Credits:

-- Pedro Teixeira (texmediapt@gmail.com)
-- Elsa Teixeira (Wife)
-- Fedra Teixeira (Sister)
-- Miguel Marques (Brother in Law)
-- Miguel Feliz (Graphic Designer and Web Designer)
-- Alexandre Mesquita (Client CEO Go Caravaning)
-- Isabel Mesquita (Client Mother, Public Relations Go Caravaning)

Free Tool: How to Easily/Quickly Find BAD Matterport MatterTag Links

---

Do you have an opportunity to shoot a Matterport digital twin of an RV Showroom and multiple RVs?

1. How do you use a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera in tight spaces of an RV?
2. How do you organize 100+ MatterTags so that potential buyers can decide which MatterTag to click on?
3. How do you integrate online merchandise shopping within an RV Store within a showroom?
4. Should you shoot the RV showroom first: and then go inside each RV to shoot it?
5. Should you charge by SQ FT? Shoot Days? Project? (And, what happens when the scope increases?)
6. Do you charge for hosting, maintenance and support or have the client get a Matterport account?
7. How do you scan with doors/sinks open and closed?
8. When you have 100+ Matterport MatterTags, how do you figure out which are broken six months from now?
9. Do you duplicate the Matterport space to create individual RV tours or shoot twice?
10. How do you place the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera on an RV seat (without the camera fallings)?
11. How long does it take to shoot a very large RV showroom? What makes it more complicated?
12. How long does the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera battery last (during this kind of usage)?
13. What kind of MatterTags should you anticipate adding to an RV space?
14. What challenges might you expect?
15. What opportunities to keep an eye out for?
16. What are the likely use cases by the client ( to help get a "done deal" )?
17. What are the challenges working with so many MatterTags?
18. Why MatterTags can take much longer than you think (important for quoting the project)
19. Why you need more than one person on-site for a project like this?
20. What do the other team Members do if only one can scan at a time?
21. Trade-offs using a Ricoh Theta Z1 or Insta360 One X2 for a tour like this?

If you have an opportunity to create a Matterport digital twin of an RV Showroom – with dozens of RVs for sale - watch WGAN-TV Live at 5 (GMT +4) on Thursday, 20 May 2021 (recorded):

21 Tips for Creating Matterport Tours of a RV Showroom with 30 RVs

My guest was Lisbon, Portugal and London, England-based TEX MEDIA PT Founder Pedro Teixeira (@Pedrotex69) whom will sharing his learning/tips with us shooting this Matterport digital twin of an RV Showroom over the course of five days with four of his team onsite.

Best,

Dan

Video: How to View This Virtual Tour (in Portuguese)

---

Transcript (WGAN-TV show above)

---

- Hi all. I'm Dan Smigrod, Founder of the We Get Around Network Forum. Today is Thursday, May 20, 2021. And you're watching "WGAN-TV Live at 5".

We have an awesome show for you today; 21 Tips for Creating a Matterport 3D Tour of an RV Showroom with as Many as 30 RVs. And here to talk to us about that is Pedro Teixeira. Hey, Pedro, good to see you.

- Hi Dan, thank you for having me -

- Help correct me if I've mispronounced your name there.

- No, good enough, Teixeira, it's pretty good.

- Teixeira, yeah, okay.

So Pedro is the founder of Tex Media PT based in Lisbon, Portugal. I invited Pedro on the show today because he had shown me this amazing tour of this very large space that had many challenges in terms of scanning, so, I thought I would reach out and ask Pedro to be on our show, to help us with tips when scanning a very large space.

Particularly, when it has a lot of small spaces within a large space, all those RVs. Pedro, before we jump in to get a tour -- the Matterport 3D tour of the RV showroom that you did.

How about telling us a little bit about your company Tex Media PT. Maybe when you got a Matterport camera; why you got a Matterport camera and where you are today.

- Well Dan, it started in January, February, 2019. So, just before the pandemic, it was an investment that I did. I was looking into it a couple of months before, I thought Matterport 3D scans were amazing. I work also in London, so I was staying in London at the time.

I went to their shop and they showed me, they did a demo. And to be honest, they sold me ... because as soon as I saw the camera working and I saw the potential, it just came from that.

Because I'm staying in the UK, my family is based in Portugal, so I keep traveling back and forth and I want to do something in Portugal and eventually leave the UK.

So I thought that was a big opportunity for a chance of doing work that I also enjoy, because I work in television mainly .... So it was almost a step in the right direction for what I wanted.

And when it starts presenting the challenges, I like I'm a sort of person, if I have a challenge, I have to sort it out, I have to solve it.

So the first thing they told me was, "You cannot do scans outside with our camera." And I put in my head that, "Yes, you can." Before we do that, because I know we have some outdoor spaces as part of your showroom, what kind of services are you offering your clients? And what kind of clients are you providing services to?

- Sure, I start with -- I suppose almost everyone starts with the residential.

But because the pandemic time probably wasn't the best here in Portugal, people knew 3D, but they didn't knew it that much, it's just expensive thing for here, they see it as up market, that change a bit with the pandemic more doors open, but still it's a very tight market.

So I started going in a bit of a different direction. I started going to commercial spaces and trying to do schools, museums, art galleries, anything that was different and I could see the potential of having a 3D tour.

So that's how the RV show actually came up. We started doing car shows. Near where I live in Portugal, there's a lot of people selling cars, and they have their own stands by the side road. And I started doing a couple of them and one day I'm traveling, and I saw a RV place that had RVs for sale.

And I just turned around and said, "What the heck? I'm doing cars, maybe our visits between the car at home, so gotta try it." And literally, that's how this job came up. I was lucky enough to find someone with the vision on their side and I could present my vision of what we could do, and because of the pandemic, everything came together, and we did this work that we'll be showing you.

- Awesome, why don't you share your screen, take us into the tour, and then for those that want to check out Tex Media PT, it's: www.TexMediaPT.com You'll find Pedro and his company. And I think your business is actually a family business with a number of team members.

- Yeah, it's me, my wife, my sister and my brother-in-law. We all need to do a bit of extra work for some reason or the other, and you know, what's the worst thing you can do, it's work with family, so we go for it. I like challenges.

Saying that, obviously, I'm joking, because it's a pleasure to work with all of them, and it makes it easier, to be honest with you, when we go on the road where like, we had to do on this, you know, they don't have to book us four rooms, they only book two rooms .

So it makes it less expensive for the client .

- Okay, thank you, what page are you on that we're about to see the 3D tour.

- At the moment, the client decided to create a microsite, inside their site. And that's the page that their site throws them straight away. So they call it the Caravanning Show, which is an RV show.

And just stepping back a bit, explain why these appear, the reason was that this particular client he did at least two shows per year. Like you have in Las Vegas and things like that. There's a big RV show and they will show, and he will have four to five RVs there, and he shows.

And then after the big show, in his own building, he does a show for a week, where all his ex-clients and new clients that he just acquired on that big show, will go and see all the 30 or 40 RVs that he has for sale or to rent.

And because of the pandemic, he couldn't do that. He was forbidden from having an open space, having a meeting space.

So that's when we came up and he said, "Look, I want to do a virtual tour so I can show the clients, and I want them to have the same experience as they were there, because every year I have at least 2 to 5,000 people coming in to my doors to see the show for a week, and I want to give them that chance.

You come with a solution for me it seems that's possible." So that's exactly what he did. He did this tour for two weeks, and it just finished about a month ago, but as you can see, it's still available more to promotions itself, but you can still see the show.

He has a tutorial here to explain to people how the the Matterport works. So it's important 'cause I want to be showing you that.

But what he did is, he created this page where the tour is inside it, and he created a special phone number, so anyone that would be seeing this tour, and need more information, they could call them, or even through the messenger, sending messenger and they would contact them.

And then he created what we called labels. So the labels we used he put here straight away for people to know what he mean.

- Could you let us know,

- Obviously-

- so these are kind of the color tags for the Matterport tags, the MatterTags-

- So, we changed the Matterport tags, we created our own tags, personalized tags, that the client wanted.

The client had someone working with us on the visual side of it; all the graphics and all the design of this. So, this was specifically created for this client.

- So for our audience - Matterport Service Providers - ... you can think of those as MatterTags, and they're color coded. So could you just give us a quick translation of what each of those tags are, so that as we walk around, we'll know what we're looking at?

- This first red one with the little person on it is the introduction video that we have mostly in all the fronts of the RVs and we'll introduce the RVs, that's the specific model of it. Then we have a presentation below where it says the play button.

Some of them have a presentation video from the RV maker, where they tell you about their brand and what they have available on those brands. Then with the price tag, as you can guess, it's the price of that specific RV.

And then they've created this one which is a technical sheet that will tell you all the information, the size, how many beds, how many people can sleep in it. So all the information that people need to know will be here.

This one, you'll see insides of the RVs; the green one with the three dots. And that is something they've created for people to contact them back. So if you need some information, it's like almost the Messenger, "Please Contact Us" and you put your name, and your phone, or email, and they will get back to you.

This one, which is like a magnifying glass, shows the detail of the product. And this we only mainly use it for the shop, because apart from the RVs they have a shop inside their building, and they want to promote all the things that are used on the RVs, so all the shop products will have this magnifying glass.

Then the little eye, it means inserting a specific photograph. As you can imagine, it's very difficult to get inside bathrooms, loos in RV, especially the European ones, they are quite small, some of them, and you hardly can put a Matterport camera inside it.

So when you're doing 360, sometimes it doesn't work. And for reasons that don't work, we have like, I think in 30, we did manage to get two of them.

We'll have a photograph that will show the insides of the loo, or it can be other specific photographs like special drawers, special things that RV has, and we put the photograph, so that's what indicates. And the last one with exclamation mark is what we called information points.

And that is mainly to let you know if the RV is automated, or if it's manual shafts, and also if it has air conditioning or if it has heating things like that. So it's specific interest points of specific things in the RVs that they thought it was worth for the client to know.

- Awesome, thanks for the tour of the MatterTags. I think that'll be helpful. If you could switch to your full view. I think you had a different tab open, perhaps? Ah, there we go great.

So to make it a little bit easier, since you all WGAN-TV viewers are seeing this on a small screen, we've taken off of the information bar that's color coded, but I think as Pedro walks us through he'll point out maybe what some of those are just to remind us as we're going through.

- Sure.

- Okay, great.

- So I just came here for one of them. Let's say this here in the back, and I will show you the.. Because this one has all the tags that we spoke about, Let me just get closer for you. So if we want the price tag, we'll click on it, and the price comes up.

That's the price of this specific RV, because it has some extras, it's more than the base price. It's about 7,000 worth of extras in it already. And they give some of the specifications, size, width, height, it's for four people, sleeps three to four people, you can eat four people, and it can travel with four people.

And then the client asked us to put the photograph of the specific one here. And then when this was happening, which was from the 7th of April until the 25th of April, sorry.

- [Dan] Okay.

- And again, if you needed any more information, something that the client didn't want was to shoot this to another page, he wanted to be embedded in the tour. So people wouldn't come out and then didn't know how to come in.

So that was something that he was avoiding. So this one will be the quick presentation video about this specific, which is the West Valley, Club Joker City one. So it's a quick introduction to this specific model.

And then here, this one is actually throwing us outside the tour, as you can see, and it goes to their specific webpage. And on their webpage they have done something that I thought was very clever, which is obviously they are still announcing the show.

And then they put a specific tour that I create for them for that specific caravan. So instead of having the option of looking at the whole tour, if you want just to look at this caravan, the RV, sorry, I keep saying caravan, because it's what we call them here in Portugal.

It's auto-caravans and caravans, these are auto-caravans, but I'll try to call it RVs, so I apologize.

- Not a problem whatsoever, but thank you for helping, let us understand why we might see auto-caravan when we think of RV in the United States-

- For the American guys it's RV.

- I think this is really interesting, Pedro, because I'm guessing, I recall, you actually shot each RV twice; once as part of the actual tour of the whole place, and then an individual tour that your client could use on a site like this.

- Yeah, to put this in perspective, the briefing we got from the client was, "Okay, I want to do the tour.

The tour of the show will last about two weeks and then we might close the tour or not, but the promotions will be closed by the two weeks, but I want to have all of them available for my single pages," which is what I just showed you, "all year round." When I approached the client that was my approach, you know, "I was doing cars, I thought, I can do an outdoor RV, and you put on your websites."

And he said, "Okay, we're going to do more than that because I need this specific tour because I do this event. But still, I want to use them for the whole year. I want to get the tour for the individual RVs."

- So did you first shoot the entire event space, inside, outside RVs, and then come back, and then individually shoot each RV?

- Yeah, well, it's a bit more complicated than that, that was my first thought. We went to see the space. As you can see, I'll show it on a map, it's easier.

These are like two warehouses, and the client told me straight away that you will be filling this space with auto-caravans, RVs, and this one with the caravans, just the RVs, which is half of this size. And he had the front shop here.

And what he asked me was, "I want the shop to show. I want the show to be shown. And then all the RVs have to be shown." My first thought was, "Okay, I'm going to create a path.

I go with the camera from outside, so everything that's here, all orange, I will do it until the front of the RV. And then I would go back and do each individual RV." Okay, that is the plan, that's not how things work. As you know, you guys arrange something.

You put it in your mind. You speak with the client. And I have to say this client was excellent because everything we asked him and he promised to do he did it and he delivered pretty much on time.

But unfortunately, the carpets that you see, the orange carpet, which because their color is orange, didn't arrive on time. So on the first day, we only had this row. And I couldn't go and do, as I wanted to, because even these RVs that you see here-

- This was a five day project with four of your team members.

- Well, yeah, it started as a three-day project, and then I realized, now I have to ask for two extra days. Today, knowing what I know and avoiding a couple of days of 18 hours, I would have said seven days.

- And,

- Seven days.

- believe me seven days would be just about right, and-

- So did it turn out to be five 18-hour days?

- No. We did two days of 18 hours. And then the rest of them were about 12 to 14 hours; the other three. So yes, it was very tiring, but you have to have a plan in your head and you have to adapt when you get there. And that's what we-

- Okay, so you make lemonade out of lemons, or orangeade, perhaps because the orange carpet didn't show up. So how did you then switch ... because you've obviously got the entire [Orange] carpet in your dollhouse here. So what happened to the plan? ... As I was saying, Dan, sorry, this RV wasn't even delivered until the third day of shooting.

So we had the big space here and we are to move these ones out of the way for these ones to come in. So I couldn't even start on this side, because that might have been an option. I start here and then move here, but no.

So we decided, well, let's go step-by-step, and as we are near the RVs, we start, and we do the inside of the RVs.

Now, what that implies is that I have to be very careful and I have to plan very well what I want to do, because as we know I need one tour for the full thing, I needed another tour just for the shop, and I need every single tour just for each RV.

So at some points I was shooting on the same point. So let's say for instance, let's go for an example here, in the middle of this one. I'm doing one shoot on this point for the tour, which tackled the two.

Then I decided to call letters to all the RVs. So I started with A, B, C, D, and this one I think it was H and I.

So I have to shoot one for my tour for the H, because that shot is a good shot for it. I had to do another shot for me, which is this one. And then I had another shot for this one, another one for that one here. So I had to do five shots in the same place for five different tours, that's the point that-

- Let me ask you this; if this was a perfect world and you showed up and the space was totally staged with nothing else having to have happened, could you have shot the entire space inside and outside once? And then duplicated-

- I could. The only problem you have with that, and that was my experience from my previous job, is that when you do like almost 1,000 points - scans - and for one of these RVs I was probably going to be using 30, you have to delete 970. And deleting from your iPad, it's very time consuming. It's-

- Ah, so even though it sounded like that might've made sense, logistically, it was too overwhelming, because you literally did 1,000 plus scan points?

- Yeah, I think, I can't remember at the moment, but it was near 1000, maybe eight, 900s, I think. I have to check on that.

But, to be honest with you, if you think that you're going to need to do that 30 times, so you grab your tour, you do a copy, you do 30 copies of the tour, and then you have to do individually, delete at least nine, or even if we've speaking just 500 points; it's very time consuming, because as you know, when you do something on your iPad, it might take even 30 seconds to delete one scan, and I thought, "I would never finish this job." I know it's post-production.

I can have the time to do it, but it will be more time-consuming, and as long as I have my head on the right place, and I have people around me to help me to keep control of this, I can do it, and we did manage to make enough-

- Did you shoot each vehicle twice, back-to-back, meaning were you using two iPads? And one iPad had the- ... I only used one iPad and what I did is, I called it a tour for the main one. I called shop for the shop one.

But the shop one was easy, because as I started, I started with the shop, so on that one, I did delete the first: I think that about 20 that I had done here in the beginning.

So the shop stayed and I used that method as you were speaking, I only shot it once, I did the copy, and deleted a couple of the scans. Yeah, but now for the 30 RVs, I had to go to each individual point, and scan it twice; and sometimes five times.

And what I did is, as I was explaining, on the iPad I opened 30 jobs A-B-C-D until O and then the caravans bore numbers one to nine. So I knew exactly in my head that this one here was letter A, this was B, C, and then D and therefore-

- Were they physically labeled, or you had to remember that in your head.

- I physically labeled them on my iPad. So my iPad-

- Yes, I understand they're labeled on your iPad, but that white RV, the white truck car that's straight ahead-

- That was done by the map. Literally, I started here, went all the way here and then I started here, there, and then from here to there, and then I went around this one.

- Yes. But how did you keep track of which one was letter I.

- Well, because I start doing from the beginning, from my-

- Okay, so, that's in your head actually, that you knew at that point,

- It's in my head. that was the one that was I.

- Yeah, because also as we start doing this row and all of them were there, I start doing A, B, C, D, so I knew when I was here, that I would probably be in I that's why I told you by now I know them all, believe me.

- Why would you need to shoot one of them five times?

- Well, because when you are in a section like this, this photograph is good for this one, for instance, because I want to show the back of the RV.

- Yes.

- But this shot is also used for this one because I want to show the front of that one. So I'm using that for-

- Ah, you're shooting inside and outside. So essentially your outside shots, you could have put the camera -- and incidentally we're talking about Matterport Pro2 3D Camera, correct?

- Yeah, Pro2-

- Everything that you've done is with the Matterport Pro2 3D.

- Yeah, we didn't use any other camera-

- So, if you're at the intersection of four or five RVs then essentially, when you're scanning outside, you could be in the same exact spot in five different models. ...

- Yeah, which, as you well say, that only applies for the outside shots. Because if I show you on the one we're looking here, for instance, the tour itself, just for this one, you see the map, you see the other ones around because of the scans that were done.

If I put you on the map, let me just take this, you see that this is the caravan I want, but you're seeing the one next to it because they are side-by-side, the space is very small. But if I go here I can see everything in it.

And then, you know, there's more things here. For instance, the client wanted me to show the insides for eating. But if you go to the next scan, it's a bed. So you have to show that as a bed also. So for the nights.

- Oh, Pedro, you got to go slower for me, because there's like so many questions here. So you opened the bed at some point during your scanning process, so that you could show it open and close. Did that create problems?

- Yeah, did almost-

- Did that create problems of getting scanning errors?

- Look sometimes it can create, I have to be quite honest with you. I think Matterport does a great job with the GPS positioning things at night, 90% of the time.

But when you have those 10% that you cannot grab something, it's a nightmare, you can lose hours trying to grab a point that you need like a couple of scans like this. On this specific one I think we were okay-

- So the problem or challenge was the environment changed. So as you're moving the camera in towards the RV, now the bed went down.

- Yeah, but obviously this cannot be my first scan, because Matterport will not recognize that. This picture is different from this one here. And you think, "Okay, maybe it's pointing me to another place, another RV."

So I had to do something like -- I think I went to the back here, and I show the back of it because I had already this scan, so I did a double scan and then I walked through to get to this point where it was-

- So, awesome, so this is a great tip or technique here, is when you have to change the environment, in this case, you wanted to show seats and bed, but you couldn't really go from one to the other without the Matterport scan saying, "I'm sorry, I don't know how to connect this, it's confusing." So you then went to the back of the RV... So you, you put the bed down.

- You have to be in the points that's on.

- You went to the back of the van, so essentially, you probably scanned twice, at least twice, the same path in order to be able to get it, essentially, open and close; bed open bed closed.

- And then obviously, in post-production you have to delete those ones, because you're going to have some points where you have three, four, five scans that are all the same. And you might, as we did, we might have done this at night time, and when you look there is a window there and I cannot have a scan that spark there when you're walking through. So I had to delete all the scans that I did.

For instance, in this instance, I think we shoot that particular one at night. Because when you're working 12 to 18 hours, yeah, you're going to get night time also. And if you're looking at the window it will be noticeable because all of a sudden that is dark.

So I had to delete all those scans afterwards, and just make sure that the ones that were done, once I had to do this wasn't at night, because if you turned around, and you cannot forget this is 360, it will be dark.

So I had to make sure that at least I did during the daytime, even if I had set the camera from the night before or just finished my shift, at least this position where I wanted now, and hopefully tomorrow we'll catch and we can do this.

- And did you take the camera inside this particular van?

- We took inside every single RV, even this one-

- Okay, so if you... So boom! Stop there for a moment, where is the camera? Is it on a tabletop?

- No. The camera is sitting on the driving seat.

- Okay, so how'd you do that without losing your camera from falling over?

- I actually went to shop to get a piece of wood and cut it to the size of most of the seats. I had the platform to put my tripod on top of it?

- Was the platform a round disc? Was it the shape of the chairs, was it-

- No, it was rectangular, to be honest with you.

- So you actually had a rectangle. And so I guess at that point you're figuring that your tripod legs have been minimized?

- Yes. They were in the smallest position.

- Smallest position, so you know knew what the maximum position was of your legs and your wood that got cut was just a little bit bigger than of the smallest footprint of that camera was.

- Yes. The one I am showing you was one of the smallest ones. So, you have to adapt with whatever you can. I actually can show you the bit that we use. We forgot in one of the scans, and so this is the entire information.

- This is quite an undertaking, did you practice in a car or RV even before you showed up

- No,

- at your client?

- We did the shooting in Porto: which is about 300 kilometers from Lisbon. But this specific client, he also had the shop which is literally 10 minutes, 15 minutes away from my home, in Lisbon.

So what we did, we went there, I think about four times> We'd spend about four half days going there, and trying to figure out all the problems we could have: like bathroom spaces. Are we going to do mirrors? Are we going to put the camera in the seats? So all this was pre-work that we did.

So when we got to Porto we didn't realize, "Okay, I need to do something here which I can't." Now, we had everything studied, and specific these ones, they are like, they have a bed here on top. And something they want to show is, okay, this is actually a small RV that you can just drive to any city.

Any car park. And you can go inside like a normal car. But it has two beds. I just showed you one in the front, but there's one here in the back. And that was the most challenging thing. You can see there's the loo here. They have a portable loo, down here below this seat. But on top of the seat I managed to get the shot of the top bed.

- Whoa.

- And to get this it's where things really have to be studied, and you have to try it out before you get to do your job. Because we lost about five to six hours to figure out this one.

- Just to figure out how to do this shot took five to six hours?

- Yes. And it was trying, trying and seeing... Because the problem you have is, you have this shot, where the bed is up, it's against the top of the ceiling. So, I can walk here without my heading touching the back of the bed.

And the camera has this shot and it has this space, and it's great, it recognizes it. But when I go to the next one and I bring the bed down, all of a sudden, it is saying, "Hey, we're not in the same space." So it's like, "Adjust your mirrors, your windows." And you know you don't have mirrors, you know it's no windows, you know that you have-

- You have to go back outside and scan again to get back inside, to get that shot?

- Well, the shot outside doesn't give you much: because you can hardly say the bed is on top there.

And what we found out was, okay, it recognizes if I bring the bed down, but if I bring the bed down and I put the camera halfway, and that's the tip for everyone, so you guys don't have to go through what went through.

Okay, this is my shot to connect the next shot. You can still see the space below here, and you see the bit of bed and the space above. And now it's only this bar here that is not very convinced, and they will tell you, "I don't think I'm in the right place." But it puts me in the right place. You know, when you do the scan inside-

- Ah, okay. The error message that you got was, "I don't think the scan's in the right spot." But when you looked at your iPad you knew it was in the right spot.

- Yeah, so from that one, now I can go to the next one which is on top here and show the bed. And this you're already accepted. And that's how we actually managed to get around this.

And, this space here, to be honest with you, one person can be here because you have the kitchen here, you have the bed on top, and you have the loo here. And with these first RVs, these four RVs, they're all pretty much the same. So if I go-

- I'm confused though. Did you need to use your wooden plank? Did you need to have the... Because it didn't look like much of a ledge to put the camera on.

- Oh, it's here, it is big enough, and-

- Oh, did you collapsed the tripod like this, and just watched it like a hawk so that it-

- Yeah, you put the three foot here or sometimes in extreme situations, if you don't feel that your tripod is secure enough, you put two legs here, and if you have space you put another leg up here. You know, that's the tripod, you can open one of the arms or the three arms.

We are in the situation where we are to do that because I didn't think it was too stable, so we did that. But the problem is that you'll see one of the legs in the shot.

And so we try to avoid this. And what we did is we put the three legs here, because you have quite a high space here, we brought the camera down as much as we could on the tripod, so we are using almost a minimum size on height but because the legs are together it brings you up, and you can get these shots.

So, to be honest with you Dan, you have to adapt to each and every single RV because all of them even if they look the same, they are different. This one here, for instance, it's exactly the same but it has a bed that's mounted on the back. Sorry, let me just get you the shots.

- And so when you're showing these challenges, it's not just "Hooray, I got the car, I got the RV scan successfully as I intended." Now, you had to go do it again for the individual shot, individual Matterport tour that your client wanted.

- We did as we went along, so we tried 90% of them, we did, as we were going through the roads, the red carpets or orange carpets, and we got inside, for instance, this one was B. We tried to do everything that we needed, all the shots that we needed for the inside.

On this one, and we did also that for all of them, you can see the kitchen bit. The kitchen bit, you cannot see the gas tank there, but if you go here it's open. And that's the fridge it's open. And we can show that on that shot. And then-

- Well did that create a problem that you changed the environment?

- This one, no because we have the rule of -- at the door, it's always closed, and then when we go inside on the first one, it's open. But then all the other ones are closed, sorry let me just-

- Is that something you practice?

- Yeah, again, on the rehearsals. I cannot stress enough how important it is to have rehearsals: especially for a thing that you're doing that you know it's so out of the box and it's the first time it's being done, and you don't have experience with it.

So the client was great. He let me go there and spend the time there. And we tried and tried until we were satisfied with what we wanted. But small things like this are not a problem. A problem is when you are outdoors, as you know, and the door is closed and then it has to be opened.

That's when you're going to have problems. This one for instance-

- That's when you need to do you're scanning from where you can't see the doors open and close.

- Yeah, or you have to leave the door halfway open, so you can get inside and things like that, small tricks. But another thing that the client asked me was, "You look, I want to see everything inside, but I don't want to have 12, 10 scans inside, because I want to have enough scans to see the space I have."

So here you have, what's supposed to be a table. The table is not there, but if I come to this scan, there it is, the table, and you can see that you can adjust that. The oven is there. The fridge is there. If you have any doubts when it comes to this one you have the bed seeing from the top, as we showed the other one.

The other one you could show from the back, this one, you cannot show the back because the bed is positioned exactly the opposite of the other one. So that's the driving seat there.

- Oh, Pedro, excuse me, there's a number of things that opened and closed. Bed, opening and closing-

- The tables.

- Table. The stove top. The refrigerator. Was your client with you to do this staging?

- Yes, the client was with us, and I cannot say how important it is. We were blessed with the client that we had. The client not only treats us very well. Food-wise. Hotel. When we were there. I asked him one day to give me the keys because I want to finish something.

And they were very tired. It was one of the last days, I sent everyone home and he gave me the keys of the building, way to all these RVs and said, "I'll see, tomorrow, or in a couple of hours."

I stayed there until four -- six in the morning, I think, and then we were back there at eight the next day. So I went to the hotel, slept two hours, but he gave me the keys.

So I cannot say more, and how important it was for them to be with me, because, to be honest with you, the first time we did the rehearsals for this RV I didn't even know there was a bed up there. That's how much I knew about RVs. And he told me, "Oh, did you shoot the bed?" And I said, "Which bed?

The ones that you put on the seat now, no I didn't." "No, no, no, I'm saying the one on the top." So, "Oh, no I didn't even know there was one." Okay, so second time rehearsal, that's how we found out there were beds there.

- Okay, so you really did need your client present to do the staging of open, close, et cetera. So you mentioned that on some days you were there as long as 18 hours. How long was the client there? I mean, were they there 12-hour days>

- Apart from that day that I sent the crew, about after 14 hours I think, home, and the client, apart from that, he was there with us every single day from dawn to late hours of the night. We started at six in the morning, I think, usually, and then we would finish one, two in the morning sometimes, and the client was there all the time with us.

The client really wanted this. He's a person with a vision. And as we were doing this he was already thinking about next year's tour. He wants to do a night mode, the day demo, and they want us to put to bed’s special effects. He was already thinking ahead of us. So it's really good to have someone like that.

- Okay, awesome! Now, I see there's a number of MatterTags there.

- So this one-

- How did you keep track of all this? Did you add the tags? Did your client add the tags?

- No, we add all the tags. So I told the client, we would... The client decided it would get four tags, maximum, on the door. So every time that before you go to the door, if we have both videos he would put... Sometimes you only have three tags here.

On this one inside, you have the extra ones. This is the one I told you that you feel the name and if you want to be contacted. So if I click, sorry, if I click-

- So did your client give you all the tags in a spreadsheet?

- No, what he did was because I gave him the tour. He took pictures of it and decided, well, not for these ones, because he told me to put them on top of the table, that's fine. And then, we had someone from the client's side that was a graphic designer and he would send us the photographs, for instance, for this one here, it's a specific table, that it can collapse in half. And there it is, it has a different setting, it can rotate.

So he wants us to introduce this photo, and that's a photo that you can see that actually comes from the maker of the RV. And I have similar shots, but not exactly on the same shot.

- Okay, so were you responsible for shooting any 2D photos, or exporting snapshots,

- Nope, no,

- the client-

- The client supplied me with all that. Our agreement was-

- How did the client provide the photos to you?

- Oh, he would send it through Dropbox, or the other one, I can't remember the name of.

---

(Continued below ...)
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
(Continued from above...)

---

- And how did you keep track of a folder in a Dropbox, because you're calling that RV J, and he's calling it the Dreamliner or whatever it is.

- Oh, no, he's not. He went with us, he would call it the Dreamliner, but he would always call it in the beginning, the RV J, because he knew that was our language.

- Okay, so a there was a nomenclature for how to communicate, and so-

- And that's very important.

- How did he send you the YouTube videos, is that just-

- Yes, he sent me the YouTube videos, he sent me all the photographs of the RV.

- But I'm trying to understand how; because this is a lot of tactical stuff. So did he put them in an email? Did he put them in a Google Sheet?

- We created a Google Sheet for all of them, but some were just sent by email, and late changes and things like that were all done, literally, by email ...

- By email; I could imagine that could drive you crazy because it looks like you're dealing

- Not from our client.

- with hundreds of MatterTags.

- If you create folders... I created folders for every single RV. And I added photos and video folders inside each of them. And I knew when I received them, I put them straight away. So when I knew I needed it, I would go to that folder, and I would find everything I needed.

- Okay, good. But I know I keep referring to these as Matterport MatterTags, but they actually don't exactly look like Matterport MatterTags. So is this

- No, they're not.

- your design of what you have implemented?

- We designed, and I worked with another platform, which is Treedis, and that allowed me to put all this.

- Put the logo.

- Okay, Treedis. So www.Treedis.com, Treedis: a Matterport overlay, and you use that platform so you could have control of what the MatterTags looked like.

- Yeah, and I didn't show you this before, but I'm showing you now, they have the ... When you have a tour; you do your video and all the photographs come here. You know, the living room, whatever. Here we can customize that. I can put my own photographs and I can use links,

- - deep links -- for these. So if I want to go to the shop, I just have to press this, and he navigates me to the shop and I'm in the shop.

- Awesome, so you're using the Matterport Highlight Reel.

- No. It's not a Matterport Highlight Reel. It's something that Treedis has that replaces the Matterport Highlight Reel.

- Okay, great.

- which is-

- So instead of it being a Matterport Highlight Reel, it's actually an overlay done by Treedis, Again, www.Treedis.com, that's enabling you to have these nice looking thumbnails, rather than maybe taking a photo that might be a little bit harder to grasp.

- Yes. And you can divide these into sub-categories. So I have RVs here that have the car with the RV itself. These are caravans, which is just the normal RV but needs a car to pull it. And then you have this, which is different things, which is the shop and the catalogs.

- Are there three different toggles? Yeah, there was-

- Yeah, you can put as many, you can create subgroups. This is pretty much like a menu. If you come here, I'll have the menu.

And I have the RVs here, I can open it. And I have all the names of the RVs, accessories, if I want to go to the accessories, and so it will bring me to the shop again, if I want this caravan... These are the types of RVs that exist.

- Yes. I'm also -- forgive me, but I see in the bottom right, the Tex Media PT. So, Treedis enables you to put your logo and a link there, and I'm guessing your client was okay with you doing that.

- Yeah, this is a white-label. So, first of all, I have to say thank you to Treedis, because they actually enable us to provide the live feeds for the 15 days, we are to have a very close relation with them, and we had to change things. It was a learning curve for them.

And it was a learning curve for us. But they did respond very well, and that's the beauty, that's why I like to work with them. And that's the reason why I'm actually letting you know I'm paying for a white label, but I'm letting you guys know who I work with because you are all colleagues of ours, and I appreciate when someone tells me something that I like and I can go and look for it, and-

- And it looks like you're using the Treedis overlay on Steroids, because I want to say in the top left corner, I presume, that overlay of the client's logo-

- Yes. That is a link to their website. So if I click on it, I go straight

- Yeah, then again

- to the website.

- that's Treedis that you're using to accomplish that.

- That's Treedis. So literally, I've just used Matterport for the single doors, for the inside and outside of each single caravan. But for the tour itself, I had to use Treedis, because I wanted to give more. I want them to be able to choose the kind of RV.

So if they come here, they have these two different RVs, and I can show them, and you don't even have to look for the whole tour, you just come to the menu, and you are inside it. You can find out what you want, and-

- So were there two ways to easily find that RV? One was that Highlight Reel at the bottom?

- Yeah, so-

- And there you had three different subsets, so-

- Yeah, we try to make it easy for people to find it out. So if I want to go to this one, I know the specific one I'm looking for, I just click on it, and that also takes me there, as the menu one did.

So we want people not only to enjoy the discovery of the tour and being on the site, but if you are the client that knew exactly what he wanted, and you only want to look at that excuse me, at that RV, then he could go and do it.

- Awesome, could you take us outside?

- Sure, outside?

- Outside the building.

- Okay.

- So this is-

- What kinda problems or tips did you have... What problem did you have to overcome shooting outside here?

- Well, I had a big job before where I did about 10,000 meters outside. So I'm quite experienced with outside shooting with the Matterport camera.

And you can only use it in three ways: if it's cloudy, which this day was cloudy, as you can see, or if you are in the dawn, or in the early morning, or early evening, and you have like half an hour to one hour where you can shoot and you pray for it not to misalignment, and you pray that you can do it.

Otherwise, you have to go there. The other job was-

- Is there a Saint for that?

- St. Peter, I think.

- Thank St. Peter, okay, just checking.

- Give me in English .

- So I, I guess the tip here, is if you're going to shoot outdoors, if the Matterport camera can see the sun, you're likely going to have a problem.

- Yeah, at least, misalignments, that's for sure. Even if you are able to do the scan, 80% of the times you will have a misalignment with your next or the scan before.

- Okay. Any other learnings that you could, tips that you'd share about outdoors?

- Outdoors, you have to be crazy enough to use the Matterport Pro2 Camera to do outside, to be honest, I could have... The 10,000 meters I told you, it took me about two weeks every six in the morning, to eight, nine in the morning if it was cloudy. And then every afternoon before the sun went down.

And then one day I was so irritated, because I couldn't align anything, I lost about two hours. But I decided to do 360 photos that took me half an hour, and I did the whole school.

- Okay, so the tip is if you're going to do Matterport Pro2 3D Camera scanning, you need to be a little bit crazy in order to accomplish this, because it could drive you nuts.

- Yeah, and because-

- When you did the, outdoor-

- When something is too... Sorry.

- When you did the outdoor scanning, when did you do that in this project?

- Oh, that was the first thing to be honest with you, that was on the first day we got there, it was a Saturday.

So there weren't a lot of cars around. You can see, there's a couple of license plates that would appear, we just covered them with white paper. That literally, that's not post-production, obviously, but it's because at that time you couldn't do it with a Matterport, you didn't add the option of painting or something.

- The Matterport blur tool, now available in Matterport Workshop, wasn't available to you at the time that you began the project.

- To be honest with you, I will still use this method. All you need is some ... tape and the white piece of paper, and you glue it on the car's front or back. And then you have to have someone to take it off once you finish, otherwise, it might get someone-

- Yeah, anybody come saying, "Hey, what are you doing to my car?"

- If you see someone coming, you always try to say, "Look, I'm doing a 360 photo, and for your privacy, I don't want to show your license plate." And 90% of the time, or 95%, they say, "Yeah, that's fine." Or, "I'm moving my car now, anyway." So we just took the white paper and we moved along.

- So interesting, because I want to say that Matterport would recommend not shooting outdoors as your first scans because that could create some alignment issues. Did you find that you had any extra alignment issues, because you began outside?

- No, not really. I agree with what they say, and I always try to do, at least I would have done probably this front first, and then come here, and do the back, the outside. But in this case, no. I actually even shot it on two different days.

This shot is already a different day. You can see it's not cloudy anymore, it's a bit sunny. But I think it was a sunset or sunrise. And I had to open the door because I thought it was a better shot with the front door open, and-

- Can you take us to the catalog room?

- Yes. So that's an office and the client didn't want us to do the office at the beginning. He just thought, "Okay, we don't need the office, we need the shop, we need all the other spaces." Look, it's going to be empty, it's going to look awful here, a lot of blank space.

So at lunchtime while he was preparing lunch for us, I did this, like half an hour. I did very small scans, and one of my colleagues, my brother-in-law, just suggested we put some catalogs from the makers of the RVs.

We didn't make much of it but the client used the opportunity to put some, as you can see, some advertising, because they're called Go Caravaning. So we just put the jackets the other way around on the chairs.

So when we all came, you can see it's Go Caravaning. But when we-

- So, the varied angles that we're looking at, I'm thinking those are MatterTags that are implemented by Treedis.

- Yeah, again, I'm using everything with Treedis. So, when you come here, these are actually the catalogs. And that was something that we decided in post-production.

- So, what happens when you click on one of those catalogs?

- It just opens the PDF of the catalog, straight away. That is supplied by, in this case, Benimar, which is the maker, and you can see all the catalog. We told the RVs, that they have-

- Okay, so if you could go back to the, what I call the catalog room, which was actually a working office there, so I think I heard a couple things; first, that was not a space your client wanted scanned, but you had a vision for what you thought this space could be used for.

- Yes. I had the vision of not letting a black hole on my map, on the 3D. It started like that.

- And so who put the catalogs out?

- My brother-in-law.

- Okay, and so when your clients saw the catalogs, the client went, "Ah. I could link to that actual catalog."

- Well, my brother-in-law had the idea of actually linking That. But we didn't know exactly if it would work, or if we were going to use it, because I even thought, if we put the whole 10 brands, I can link exactly. And the client said, "No, there's no need.

You put a bunch of them, and then we just call them, we show their logo and that makes more sense for us." So it was an evolution of an idea that starting with nothing really, and actually became quite important for us and for them, so mainly-

- And so what was your client's reaction after the fact, all done, implemented?

- Oh, he did love it, he was very impressed, and he knew we are in the forefront of this. He even shows how to ... I'm not sure if it was all of the brands, but at some of the brands he told them, "Look, you guys should be doing this for us. I'm doing it, I'm showing you something here that in future, you guys should provide us with." Because we're-

- It seems like a brilliant idea to say, "Okay. We're putting 30 RVs in this space, but there are many other iterations, versions by manufacturers, either not represented, or were not representing their full line. So essentially this showroom has just expanded to every possibility of what this client sells.

- Yes. And I knew the feedback, at least of two of them, at least one of them was in Spain ... and they were very impressed and they were asking, "How did you manage to do this?" Because something I haven't shown you yet.

So it's like, usually when you see a caravan, RV, you don't see the bathrooms. You don't see the loo, why? Because here, for instance, on this one the loo is on the right and the shower is on the left and you have doors, and I can show you-

- Okay, so, how did you solve that puzzle?

- Every single RV was different, but you have to think ahead. So if I go here, you have the open door for the shower. And you know, these are deluxe RVs, they are quite fancy, but these doors are still closed. But if I go inside the shower ... that's my chance to look at some details of the shower, but the door is still closed.

Some of them, we opened the door, straight away, and you could just walk from here to there. In this case, we have the chance of doing one here, where we left half of the door and on this one, it's one of the ones I think we cannot get inside because the doors were so close, so this is the bed example, but let me just get to another one.

- Do you think if you were to do this space again you would use a Ricoh Theta Z1 to shoot the bathrooms and inside?

- To be honest on the trials I have the Insta cameras.

- Insta360 ONE X?

- Yes. And I didn't like it. The quality, because the quality -- it's okay if you're only using that camera. But when you mix two cameras, maybe because I come from a television background and I have to do image control.

So for what goes on air, that probably puts me not wanting to mix two kinds of qualities. And I know it can be a bit evasive. You can see the camera there on the mirror

- I'm just thinking how hard it was to get the bathroom and the shower in that tight space where you might've just used your Insta360 ONE X and took three shots; one in the hall, one inside each and call it a day.

- Yeah, I know, I don't make my life easy for myself, I know that, but I'm a perfectionist.

- Incidentally,

- I try to-

- you mentioned that you have a team of four, so you have your wife, you have your brother-in-law?

- My brother-in-law and my sister.

- And your sister, what were they doing? Did you have a second camera that was running?

- No, just one camera. They were like my assistants. And what they were doing as you can guess, you know, all these 30 RVs they are not stage-ready for you. So we were doing like six at the time that were stage-ready.

We finished with one, they would go and move to another one, changing a bit, the looks of it using the same books, or the same mags, things like that, but in the different display, so-

- So you provided the staging services. Well, you didn't just show up and everything, all the pillows were fluffy with the dimple in them.

- Yes. The client also works on that, to be honest with you. But mainly that is always one of my concerns. I want to-

- Could you, on this shoot, just by yourself and with the client, or did you really need help?

- I really need help. And if you think that I'm doing five scans at one point on the outside, I need to have someone with me reminding me, "Oh, you missed that RV, you have to do that, you have to open the door for that RV also." And for that, my sister is excellent.

She has a photographic memory of any rules that I tell her. She will remind me at the point

- So, you actually had one person on your team acting as continuity to make sure that everything that was supposed to be shot got shot.

- It was one to two people at times. My wife also did that job but to have always thought someone to remind you and when working 12 or 18 hours, I like to think that I can do it, and my brain is fresh, but sometimes it gets a bit."

- Yes. I can appreciate that. Can you take us to the store?

- [Pedro] Sure.

- One of the things that struck me in the store was -- In fact, let's take a look at one of those MatterTags, so we can see a particular product as an example, please.

- All these are glasses, so it takes you to the page where you saw-

- So if you could come off that page. Now, if you could just hold it for one second, full screen. So even if your client gave you a list of all the MatterTags of each link for shopping, how did you even know that those glasses matched up with that link?

- Again, so when I send him the tour, he would take a picture of this bit, and he would send an icon saying, "I want this to be to that link." So he sent me a sheet with the links that I needed to.

- So you sent your client a snapshot from the tour?

- No, I sent him the tour, before the tags, and then he would take a snapshot, and he would put some information on that shot and he would tell me, "On those glasses you can put this link."

- So was your client a Collaborator on the tour? Or, no, no, you sent the tour, it's a public link.

- It's a public link. Yeah, sure.

- Public link --

- Client then took a snapshot: a screen grab and then somehow annotated the screen grab to say, "This cup is letter-coded letter A, and then here's the link for letter A."

- Yes. Exactly, and that was very time consuming, and I had to check every single link because some of the links were wrong, and we had to get that back. The client said, "Well, I don't think that's glasses, that might be a portable loo.

And, oh yes, my mistake, here is the right link." And things like that, so yes it is time consuming. Just one thing that I want to show you that you probably didn't notice; this is what as you know, MatterTag shows you. I can just click there, and it takes me to the site that I showed you before.

This was an option that the client decided to choose because I provide it to him, because I don't need that tag. I can just press here on the magnifying glass and that's Treedis, and that will take me to the page the same way.

But the client thought it was a good idea, if you're hovering above it to show what it is, the lettering of what it is is cups and mugs. So I offered that, it was a bit sad, because I had already done all the tags, and then I noticed this and said, "Look, I actually have this option, would you like that?"

And when he saw, "Oh, yes, please." So we had to redo everything and we're speaking 150 tags.

- So, do you know how many MatterTags are in this tour?

- Just from the shop, I think I have about 150. Outside the shop on the tour itself, I have about 150 also. So I would say about 300 tags.

- Okay, so when you talk about that, you originally quoted the job thinking, "Oh this is a three-day job for four people." And it actually took five days with four people, and in hindsight, you would want to do this for seven days based on your quote. All this post-production on MatterTags, is that part of the seven days or is that yet?

- No, no, no, but seven days is the shooting, it's the scans. Then I probably had another 7 to 10 days editing this, and going back and forth to make it perfect. And that is something that you should, but I haven't taken that into account. I took into account probably two or three days of editing.

So, when you do this kind of job because it was the first time, you run a risk, but then again, it's a challenge to you and you try to put as much as you can on the job itself. And when you have a good relation with the client that also helps, to be honest with you.

- So, if you were to quote this project again, you would base it on 14 or 15 work days?

- Yeah, definitely.

- Or is that, let's say 15 workdays times 4 people, or seven days times four people, and 7 days times one person.

- No, I will do 14 days as the whole. It doesn't matter how many people I take, because as you said, if I want to do this stand by myself, you only need one person. But in this case, having three extra people helping out, it did actually help in being just the five days, or the seven days, time-wise, otherwise would have been probably 10, 12 days.

And the client knew that, and the client appreciate the effort that we put. And, he got back to us and said, "Look, you guys really came out of your way to do this, I know that, and I'm putting my hopes in this, it's a thing that has never been done before, but you guys actually went a mile above it.

So thank you very much." And you know, today we are friends, to be honest with you, with the client, we just had him last week coming to our house to have dinner or lunch with us. And it's really a good relationship that you create.

And I know that we're going to have future work together. And we're going to create innovations. A the moment, now, Treedis even allows me to do special things. I can put a monitor inside, some of the RVs have TVs.

I can even put an advertisement for the Go Caravaning for the client, for instance, which I couldn't at that time last month. So we'll be innovating in the next tour that we're going to be doing for them, and that's what the client wants them to do, that's how we will be doing it.

But yeah, when you're doing the budget, at the moment for me, it's also a question of, loving to do what you do, but I we also have to get paid for it. And the ratio might not be the correct one, but you're always learning.

So next time I think with another client, someone comes now, or if I get the client from these times, like the makers of the caravans, they asked me to be able to find them to do it, you know, it's totally worth the investment.

So that's why you have to think about it. You cannot think in a closed chapter for you, you have to think, "Okay, what can I take from this?" Not only what I've learned, what I'm able to... That I have to tell you, Dan, thank you very much for inviting me for this show, because that allows me to share with all my colleagues and people that I respect and I've been listening to them and learning with them.

And I hope that people can learn a bit with me. Not that I have much for them to learn, but you know I've done something that some people probably never did before.

And if they can learn something with me it's great because that's what our platform exists for, and that's the best thing I've been doing for the last year and a half that I've been on your platform.

So thank you very much.

- In our We Get Around Network Forum, www.WGANforum.com, thank you. So, Pedro, I think what I'm hearing was that even though you did practice days with your clients showroom, that was located near you, and even though you had a plan of how you were going to approach this, there were things that came up that were unexpected, and there were things that took much more time than you had anticipated.

So some of the things that were unexpected are like you show up in the orange carpets not complete yet, meaning all the vehicles are not in place and you're rejiggering how you're going to shoot the space based on what's available on that day.

- Because of the missing RV that arrived on the third day, I had to shoot the same carpets, the whole corridor, a corridor and a half, twice. And you know you have to do it because we did all the shots.

- Yeah, and I think what I'm hearing is this is one of those things where you close your eyes and you say, "I love what I do. This is really hard, but I'm going to do everything I can to make this absolutely the most awesome project for my client, and good things will come as a result of that."

- Yeah, and to be honest with you, because as you already said, I work with the family. We had almost a week, altogether, working really hard but it brought us together, and only for that it's already almost worth it to do, I've done this job.

And we met this amazing family, which is the client, his mother, and himself, very, very helpful. If I would ask him a thing he would do it straight away and we would create a relationship. So I already came with something good. I have a couple of friends that I did not have three months ago, and okay, they're my clients, but if they're not my clients, I'm sure there were my friends, and I, we can all say that the four of us.

So yeah, it's very good to be doing something that you love and you can take whatever you can take, but always take, not only the money side of it, but what life brings it to you. And, you know, we were in a pandemic time, people could not travel.

I was able to travel 300 kilometers, stay in a hotel that was empty with two rooms for us, because no one was able to do that. And, I'm blessed because I was able to work. And unfortunately, a lot of people were not able to work. I was blessed because we could travel and that was together with my family.

So even if it's the only thing we took out of this that would have already been 100% great.

- That's awesome. And it sounds like you'll continue to do work with this client. There are manufacturers that are interested now, perhaps, in a factory tour,

- Yeah, maybe.

- Perhaps there's other RV spaces outside of your client's area that might even have you travel to go shoot their space. I could even imagine there's some Matterport Service Providers that have now watched the show and say, "Oh my gosh. This is way too hard.

I didn't think it would be that hard to do this and get that kind of result, I think maybe I actually need to engage Tex Media PT, and have them collaborate with me to shoot it because I don't have the patience, the energy, to actually tackle something that is -- I guess I would say it's super-hard work to make something look so easy."

So my guess is that all of us just start walking through the space and go, "Oh, okay, well, that's cool." Don't realize there's a lot of magic of how you actually accomplish, doors opening and closing. Tabletops, opening and closing. Bathroom and showers opening and closing. And doing this while the environment's changing.

So this turned out to be a Herculean task to accomplish this. We haven't even talked about managing MatterTags. I just could imagine you went insane because it sounded like you may have changed your MatterTags, two, three, or four times, times hundreds of tags.

- Yes. And I couldn't have done it with the help of my sister, my brother-in-law. And if you allow me, my wife's name is Elsa, my sister's name is Fedra, and my brother-in-law is Miguel. But I also have to say thank you to the graphic guys from the client, which is Miguel Feliz.

The client Alexandre, his mother, Don Isabel, and Treedis that help us out in all of these adventures, because without them the work you have seen would never be able to present it to you the way we did.

And I hope that you guys actually have time to go and see the tour and enjoy it, and any questions that you might have feel free to come back to me and ask me. And as far as I can, and I know I will help you out.

And as Dan says, if someone wants me to do something similar for them we'll be more than happy and we will be packing to go and see you.

- Awesome, and in fact, you're in the We Get Around Network Forum, @Pedrotex69, so people can find you there. They can also find you at Tex Media PT, your company: www.TexMediaPT.com Pedro before we finish up here is just an open-ended question.

Are there any other tips that you feel like we didn't get to that you really wanted to cover?

- I'm sure there will be some, to be honest, but not that I can remember off the top of my head, but we had the list, didn't we? Have we gone through-

- We covered a lot. I think I would end with probably two things that I'll bring up. One is in terms of pricing, without asking you specifically what you charged on this job, I would just say, I could imagine MatterTags are going to continue to change.

So I would encourage whatever the shoot prices, there's still a price for maintenance, support, and hosting.

- And hosting, yeah.

- Hosting, maintenance and support-

- And you can see for this client: I have 30 RVs, plus the shop and plus the tour, so we are speaking about 32 spaces in Matterport. And, yes there is a price per year for the client that includes data, and that I learn with you. It's not the price of only the hosting, it's the maintenance and it's the up-keeping, and it makes all the sense in these cases and can not forget that.

- I think you're going to have cases where your client comes back and says, "Hey, you know, I'd like to change the link to the catalog, or to the shopping, or, you know we only did 150 of the products that were in the store.

There's another 50 products I'd like." You know, so there's a lot of MatterTags. The one tip I would like to leave the Community with is that there is a third-party tool to check your MatterTags, to see if any of the links are broken. And so, I'm going to post that in the We Get Around Network Forum along with the recording of this show.

So if you could imagine six months from now, those catalogs might've changed their link, the shopping link gets broken, and how do you go back, and check all your links without clicking on 200 plus links?

There's a third-party tool, and you just put in your Matterport model number and within a matter of minutes, it comes back with this laundry list of any problems or challenges with any of your links broken.

- As you know, I didn't know about this until I showed you the tour for the first time, and the first thing you didn't mention was that it's free, which is very important. I used it straight away, and I found a couple of mistakes that I had missed because I had just changed the night before and therefore what to do on the tour of the shop itself.

I went on the tour, but not on the shop. And because of that, I was able to spot them straight away and change, in that I knew exactly what was wrong with them. So that is a great tip, and I really appreciate it for what you have given me. Because until then I didn't even know it existed. And, that's why the WGAN-TV and Forum exists: it's for giving us all this kind of information.

And sometimes you get bombarded with hundreds or thousands of information, but there is one that you need and can make so much of a big difference in you. And as you said, that tool is just amazing and will save you, for someone like me that has 300 tags in one tour, 200 tags in one tour.

It makes the whole difference. I press a button, wait, 5, 10 minutes because it's 300 tags ... And then, I can see what's wrong. What's more or less, right, or if everything is right. So, yeah, that's a very good tip.

- It's an awesome tool by a third-party developer. I'll post the link to it in the We Get Around Network Forum along with the recording of today's show. Pedro, any parting words before we take off?

- No, just say thank you for all the team that was with me, and thank you for having me, and I hope that everybody can take something out of this, and if you need to contact me as Dan already said, that you also can contact me on my email: texmedia@gmail.com I also have that email, so if you need it's one that I always have active, so it's easy to get to me.

So thank you very much, and I hope that you've taken something out of this. It's my first time doing one of those, so I'm really pleased. So thank you very much and have a nice day or night, wherever you are.

- Awesome. Pedro, thank you so much. We've been visiting with Pedro Teixeira. Pedro is the founder of Tex Media PT. His website is www.TexMediaPT.com excuse me, www.TexMediaPT.com And for Pedro, we actually need a little thumbnail here.

- Yeah.

- Good, so for Pedro in Lisbon Portugal, I'm Dan Smigrod, Founder of the We Get Around Network Forum and you've been watching WGAN-TV Live at 5.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101636 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?