Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
Logged in to the workshop today and BEHOLD! The mattertags have arrived!!

Haven´t seen any release info from Matterport, so I`m not sure if this is an accident or actual release.

Looks like it´s text only for now, cool feature; when you click on it you navigate to the closest scan.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Cabrahams private msg quote post Address this user
Working on mine as well! Thanks for that! I had uploaded my latest model last night!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
CLE3D private msg quote post Address this user
Live here as well.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had just emailed Reggie Thornton as I was under the impression/hoping that this would include the option of actually linking to say manufacturer's product pages so that you could actually show the specifics on a refrigerator, etc. Does anyone know anything more about that?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
CLE3D private msg quote post Address this user
Last I had heard on here was that MP had decided to limit the tags to only text, which I'm glad are finally here, but a bit of a disappointment that we cannot make better use of them with links, pictures, etc. Hopefully this is just the first step towards more functionality, anyone else have any more insight from MP directly?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Agreed. I am emailing w an agent who at least is asking if we can you do it with material choices as well? Cararra marble, super white quartzite, bath fixtures, etc? That's a start.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah! More work!!! I have a horrible attitude. I know. I just spend so much time in front of a computer... Now we get to add to that time. Nice product enhancement though.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
Showcas3D private msg quote post Address this user
maybe a lil more work but another reason MP tours will separate themselves away from other '3d tour' products and easier to sell to agents
Post 8 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Would you think to charge on a cost-per-tag basis? The client would obviously have to provide the content that could be copied and pasted, and then it would take next to no time to add it.

Is that an up-sell of $5/tag created? More? Less?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
Showcas3D private msg quote post Address this user
if I was an agent, I don't think I'd like to be nickel and dimed for the mattertags. maybe just adjust the overall price of the tour then the mattertags are included in the tour and you can sell them as extra value but it's not costing the agent anything. I think that's what I'm potentially going to do
Post 10 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D I would probably include 2-3 and then charge for the additional ones the agent is after. This is more a tool that we will be pushing to our building companies - for the show homes that I scan - it will be an incredible tool for them!
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@3DscannUK

Thank you for being the first one to post about Matertags now live. You beat the Matterport announcement by 8 hours ...

At 3:30 pm EST today, 29 March 2016, Matterport announced Mattertags in this eBlast ...

-----

Annotate, inform, and engage with Mattertag™ Content

Dear Matterport Customer,

We’re pleased to announce the release of Mattertag™ Content, your way to add context to specific locations, objects, and features within your Spaces. The first type of Mattertag™ Content is Mattertag™ Posts - text descriptions anchored right to a point in your Space.

What are Mattertag Posts?
Posts consist of a Mattertag Title and 105-character Description anchored to a specific location in a Space. You can easily create Posts for any Space in your account in the Workshop editor.

Communicate in a new dimension
Mattertag Posts revolutionize the way Spaces are presented and used. Now, your Spaces are a communication tool that connect your audience - whether it’s prospective homebuyers, remote stakeholders, or consumers - with the information they need.

Mattertag Content is useful for:

-- Driving deeper, longer, and recurring engagement. By providing key information in your Spaces, your viewers spend more time exploring, and will return to see changes.

-- Enabling immersive storytelling. Add context and detail beyond the visual presentation of a location.

-- Activating key features. Call attention to features that may otherwise be missed, tell why something is interesting, and point toward more ways to engage.

-- Surprising and delighting viewers. Empower your audiences to discover, learn, play, and share.

-- Augmenting collaboration and planning. Share notes, give instructions, and ask for key decisions with unprecedented context, wherever your stakeholders are.

Learn more about how to use Mattertag Posts, and get inspired, on our blog.

[Read Blog]

Copyright © 2016 Matterport Inc., All rights reserved.
You're receiving this email as a Matterport customer.

Our mailing address is:
Matterport Inc.
140 S Whisman Road
Suite A
Mountain View, CA 94041

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@3DscannUK

At 8 pm EST today, Tuesday, 29 March 2016, Matterport sent this additional marketing eBlast to potential camera buyers ...

-----

The real world now has metadata

We annotate our digital files with oodles of useful data - geotags, comments, analytics, and descriptions designed to make them useful and discoverable. Why not do the same with the real world?

With Mattertag™ Content, points in 3D space just got metadata. Today we’re announcing the first type of Mattertag Content: Mattertag™ Posts. These are text descriptions anchored to any point in a Matterport Space. Mattertag Posts open the door to spatial metadata - anchoring information and rich content to a specific location within a Space.

People use Matterport Spaces for communication, marketing, storytelling and more. No matter the industry, Mattertag Posts take Spaces to a new level.

It’s communication, with coordinates
Mattertag Posts are comments in real space. For those who use Spaces as a communication tool, they enable contextualized communication by letting remote users ask questions or give instructions as if they were standing on-site.

Engage with context

Mattertag Posts give you a title and 105 characters to grab your audience and point them to what’s important about a physical location. Information embedded in Spaces means longer engagement and return visitors, and highlights hidden gems.

More on the horizon...
Mattertag Posts are just the beginning for an annotated digital world. The future of Mattertag Content includes associating varied rich media with a dimensional location or object.

This is just the beginning…

[Read On]

[Get Matterport Today]

Copyright © 2016 Matterport Inc., All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website.

Our mailing address is:
Matterport Inc.
140 S. Whisman Rd Ste A
Mountain View, CA 94041

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list
Post 13 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I guess it´s the benefit of beeing in a different timezone, surprised the Aussies didn´t catch it before us
Post 14 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@3DscannUK - I'm willing to bet that the consensus on how Mattertags should actually appear came down to how well it would work on mobile. I loved the idea that we'd get a large area on the right side of the screen with the ability to add photos and markup. This being said, I think that more people will be interested in simplicity and that the sliding bar was more cumbersome on mobile.

I love Mattertags. I have a client who is joyfully marking up their tours thanks to Matterport's collaborator feature. I feel that this is a turning point for the platform.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Dutchinny private msg quote post Address this user
was thrilled to find this INMAN headline in my inbox this morning and headed right over to workshop! awesome feature!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Dutchinny private msg quote post Address this user
oops...just realized you need to have an inman account to see the whole article.

Key Takeaways
3-D provider Matterport has introduced tags that can be placed in 3-D models to highlight and provide information on various features of a home.
"Mattertags" allows agents to bring some of their sales skills to bear in 3-D models.
Graphics highlighting Matterport models have been removed from Zillow listing pages with a redesign of Zillow property pages that included changes to different modules.
One potential downside to virtual 3-D models of homes is that they can reduce the ability of an agent to “sell” a prospective buyer on a property, some agents say.

That’s because the models can provide enough information upfront to cause more house hunters to rule out a property from their keyboards, potentially denying a buyer’s agent or listing agent the opportunity to highlight a property’s less-obvious perks in person during a showing, they say.

Sunnyvale, California-based Matterport, a 3-D provider that claims to have generated more than 100,000 3-D walkthroughs in residential real estate, has rolled out a new feature that could empower agents to bring more of their sales skills to bear in its 3-D experiences.

‘Mattertag Posts’

Pop-up boxes that can describe features of a home can now be stitched into Matterport’s virtual tours. Users can run their cursor over a circle to activate a “Mattertag Post” that could highlight, say, a kitchen’s granite countertops or stainless steel appliances.

David Troyer, a Los Altos, California-based real estate agent who creates Matterport models for his listings, said he’ll use Mattertags to call attention to specific finishes, such as limestone flooring and quartz countertops, along with hidden features, including storage areas, dumbwaiters and media closets. He said he’ll also use the feature “to tell a story about how one might live in the home.”

Sample Matterport model showing a Mattertag Post.
Sample Matterport model showing a Mattertag Post.
The feature lets a model’s creators add a new dimension and context to their models, Matterport said in a statement.

“Items that may have otherwise been overlooked are now in the forefront and the buyer can leave the tour with a much clearer vision of the home,” said Troyer, who works at Intero Real Estate Services.

“It is also useful to those people who have already visited the home, but want to virtually ‘revisit’ as they think about putting in an offer,” he added.

How they work

While two-dimensional tags of a single point of interest would have to be added across several images to be accessible to a viewer, Mattertags only have to be placed in a model once to appear to a viewer from any perspective as a user moves around in a model, according to Matterport.

[Tweet “Update to 3-D models lets agents bring more of their sales skills to bear]
Real estate agents and marketing firms create Matterport models by using a rotating 3-D camera made by Matterport to capture thousands of photographs and readings from infrared sensors. They then upload the data to Matterport, which renders it into a model that’s accessible on matterport.com or can be embedded on another website, such as a listing details page.

Mattertag Tags follow other improvements made to Matterport’s models that have helped enhance their marketing value for agents.

These include labels that can show a name for a model, a listing description and a link to the property’s location, as well as a highlights reel and guided tours that removed the need for a user to plod through a whole model to discover all of a home’s best features.

Matterport models appeared to have received a boost when Zillow introduced special graphics that could advertise a Matterport model on Zillow listing pages. Users could click the graphics to access a model.

But Zillow removed the graphics a few months after Inman reported their display in late May 2015.

They were removed with a redesign of Zillow property pages that included changes to different modules that appear on the pages “so we can scale easily for the majority of our listings,” said Zillow spokeswoman Amanda Woolley.

“Zillow launched a new web site, and have yet to integrate the feature into their new web site,” said Matterport spokeswoman Diane Whitlow, when asked why Zillow had scrapped the Matterport graphic.

Zillow listing pages can now only provide access to Matterport models through a link that reads “View Virtual Tour” in the property details section. The text can link to a wide range of virtual tour types, not just Matterport models, depending on what a listing agent has added to a listing.

Matterport said it plans to eventually expand Mattertag Content to include “multimedia content associated with any point in 3-D space,” raising the possibility that agents will be able to embed videos in their models.

Other 3-D providers in real estate include InsideMaps, Virtual Xperience and Floored.

Email Teke Wiggin.

This story has been updated with comments from Zillow and Matterport about the removal of Matterport graphics from Zillow listing pages.
Post 17 IP   flag post
iGor private msg quote post Address this user
Hello!!!
Question by Mutertag. Say, Mutertag free of charge, as an additional service, or there is a limit after which a fee is charged?
If paid, how much it is worth?
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@iGor

There is no charge -- and no limit -- for using Mattertags in your Matterport Spaces.

Using Mattertags and Highlights Reel may:

1. help you differentiate your Matterport biz from other Pros
2. help you bundle this service in your existing pricing
3. help you charge more (optional extra)

Dan
Post 19 IP   flag post
101602 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?