Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport Service ProvidersMSPsQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: Will Matterport Kill MSP Program; send leads to MCSP?14933

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Thursday, May 20 2021:

Will Matterport Kill the Matterport Service Provider Program in favor of funneling leads to its Matterport Capture Services Program or Matterport In-house sales to sell Matterport Pro2 3D Cameras?

This question was inspired by this WGAN Forum discussion discussion:

Video: Matterport Capture Services....The End of Matterport?

Specifically:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Expertise
Interesting point, Gerhard! Are they (Matterport) going to try to prohibit MSPs from working with end-use clients they have scanned for in this program? Personally I didnt have a problem with that when they were talking about going after national and regional type corporate accounts. But if they are going after Realtors and homeowners? Nope.

Which makes me wonder if they are going to use MSPs at all? Maybe they want to transition to only using individuals in an Uber type scenario.

Hard to say! They are so dumb and at the same time, so devious that anything is possible

--

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Yes...
Post 2 IP   flag post
RealtyMediaMx private msg quote post Address this user
They already did long ...long time ago.
In fact, they have a in house sales team, I was hired by Matterport itself a few times, terrible experience tho.
The whole MSP was dead from the time they hire RJ Pittman as Chief Executive Officer in 2018.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealtyMediaMx
They already did long ...long time ago.
In fact, they have a in house sales team, I was hired by Matterport itself a few times, terrible experience tho.
The whole MSP was dead from the time they hire RJ Pittman as Chief Executive Officer in 2018.
That is so true! The thanks we get for making this company what it is today is less than zero.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealtyMediaMx

I met this guy while he was CEO of eBay. Virtually of course. Under his command eBay has become totally careless to almost any business selling on eBay. A lot of them simply left and I stayed only until it became unbearable to trade and look how they treat both buyers and sellers.

When I heard Matterport hired him I even mentioned here on the forum my fears he could easily do the same to Matterport. And he freaking did it again starting with really unreasonable new plans that did not seem to be designed for MSPs to grow. Now another hit and again the most affected are MSPs.

BTW, his method to grow revenue are ridiculous. He compensates of what he is loosing with his methods by taking a cut from things they should not even touch. For eBay he grew it by applying ebay fees to postage cost and making combined postage adjustments almost impossible.
The thing eBay did not even try to do before they hired him. And nobody won because now a consumer has to cover that fee as sellers just have to pay what cost them to post not less 10-12%.
Post 5 IP   flag post
RealtyMediaMx private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman Why he left Ebay?
just curious.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101429 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?