Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture 2.xNewbiesScanning

Matterport Capture App 2.0.7 (25 March 2017)1492

lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
I don't understand the last notation here:
Capture App 2.0.7 (Wednesday, March 25th)

--Camera Firmware Update. Improves visual quality, network reliability, and model accuracy for Matterport Pro 3D Cameras purchased before November of 2014.
--Improved stability. Includes crash fixes for two rare data handling issues.
--Improved upload reliability. Includes a bug fix to prevent missing data on My.Matterport.com.
--User interface improvements and bug fixes. Includes a fix for disappearing sidebar.
--Clearer messaging. Includes the removal of erroneous “Connect to Camera” messages.
View total number of scans. Floor Plan displays the total number of scans in the model.
--Move or delete scans. Tap and hold to move or delete scans.

Move or delete scans. (i get the delete).. Move Scans? Does this mean you can just move a scan in the Capture App?
Please explain

.. Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@lisahinson

So, about moving scans.

Let's say you finished the basement (floor 1), you finish the stairs to the main level (floor 2) and then you do three scans on the main level, BUT did not create the main level (floor 2) of the house.

So, the next steps are:

1. Create floor 2
2. Select Edit Scans
3. Tap on the three scans (to select)
4. Select Move to Floor
5. Select Basement (floor)
6. Whip/Nae Nae

You have now "moved" the scans to a different floor.

For clarification, the scans do not move - as in move the scan 10 feet over - they move to the correct floor.

Keep in mind that the mini-map separation of floors is simply to make it easier for you to see scans by floor.

You could scan a three-floor house with all the scans on the mini-map on the same floor and that will not affect rendering the 3-level model.

In the "old days" -- when the Matterport Capture app did not have "floors", it was very, very hard to tell where you had scanned.

Thankfully, view by floors makes this easy.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
got it.. thanks for the clarification Dan!
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@lisahinson, I read your post got so excited I pulled up my Ipad looking for the update. Not finding anything new, alas I realized as so did Dan it was move a scan position. Yes the good old days where you were forced to start on the lowest level so you could see the new scan, such a great but simple tool. We have come so far, but the moving of a single model seems to be a unsurpassable request for Matterport. We can only wish. @lisahinson in the future please be carful how you word your post,, the mere thought of this does excite some of us, but just kidding on the posting. We have been asking for that for ever!!!!!!!!!!

Ron
Post 4 IP   flag post
LOL @ron0987 Since I'm new I only have a few requests but still have SO MUCH to learn.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@lisahinson You have had the best "New Person" questions on here. Some people don't even look up old posts where a simple answer can be found by looking. I like how you have share some of the older posts and added on to them. They feel like refresher pieces. Thank you!
Post 6 IP   flag post
hey thanks @VTLV
Post 7 IP   flag post
101422 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?