Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor PlansiGuideiGUIDE PLANIXVersusWGANTV Live at 5

WGAN-TV Live at 5: iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit versus Matterport Pro2 Camera14916

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Free Text Reminder: Text Me 5 Minutes Before Air!

iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit

iGUIDE PLANIX Sample 3D Tour and with Interactive Floor Plan courtesy of iGUIDE | 2D Schematic Floor Plans
https://youriguide.com/pla_1_608_jones_st_e_st_marys_on/doc/floorplan_imperial_en.pdf

Matterport Pro2 3D Camera

Matterport Digital Twin by We Get Around Atlanta Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod (Shot with a Matterport Pro1 3D Camera

WGAN-TV Live at 5: iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit versus Matterport Pro2 Camera

Hi All,

How does the iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit compare to the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera for:

1. Scanning?

a. Scanning time?
b. Ease-of-use?
c. Value of iGUIDE PLANIX LiDAR versus Matterport Pro2 structured light?
d. Setup?
e. Scanning App?
f. Preview?
g. Outdoor scanning?
h. Sunlight inside spaces?
i. Reflective surfaces?
j. Trimming?
k. Misalignment: moving a scan that shows up on the wrong place?

2. Processing and Post Production?
3. Hosting?
4. Viewing?
5. Floor Plans?
6. Pricing of Camera?
7. Pricing of 3D tour hosting?
8. Getting started? (Calibration?)
9. Back-up process?
10. Storage?
11. Uses cases such as: AEC, Construction and Foundation Scanning

On WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, June 3, my guest is Greater San Francisco-based Hopscotch Interactive Founder Emily Olman (@Hopscotch). Emily is a long-time Matterport Service Provider (since 2015). Hopscotch Interactive has five Matterport Pro 3D Cameras and one iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit.

WGAN-TV Live at 5: iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit versus Matterport Pro2 3D Camera by a Long-Time MSP

I invited Emily to be my guest when I saw her video (so we could do a deep-dive comparison of the iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit versus the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera.

Video: Is this the Matterport Killer? iGuide Planix versus Matterport

What questions should I ask Emily on the show?

Best,

Dan

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

iGUIDE PLANIX is the 3D Camera Kit Matterport Wished It Created
BIG NEWS!! New iGUIDE camera available in April.
Transcript: WGAN-TV | Introduction to iGuide: a Deep-Dive Demo & Discussion
✓ All WGAN Forum discussions tagged: iGUIDE | iGUIDE PLANIX
Free WGAN Cheat Sheet: Which Virtual Tour Platform is Best (for Me)?
WGAN MarketPlace: iGUIDE

Emily Olman / Hopscotch Interactive Links

Hopscotch Interactive website
Hopscotch Interactive YouTube Channel
Emily Olman on LinkedIn
Hopscotch Interactive on Twitter
Hopscotch Interactive on Facebook
hopscotchinteractive on Instagram
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
I have a question.

If Emily is aware, what is iguide PLANIX’ business model (or future business plan).

Matterport’s CEO suggested on the one hand recently that they wish to be a kind of google play of 3D spaces in that allowing third parties to use the technology (and earn income from allowing them to do so), whilst at the same time has recently ventured into the execution side of the market potentially heavily affecting the business models of customers reliant on the service they provide (not to mention the price increase in the form of new subscription plans introduced in 2019).

In light of this for myself and perhaps others too, before committing to a new platform and buying unique hardware not compatible with other systems, will iguide remain a prepaid service? Will it be open to SDK or other API editing in the future? As far as Emily is aware is fine.

Also is it useable with Leica BLK 360? If so do you need the LIDAR unit I see being used with the theta camera in her video?

And comment:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Dan and Emily!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Meidansha

I could imagine that iGUIDE will reply to your questions later today (Wednesday, 19 May 2021).

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Meidansha
In light of this for myself and perhaps others too, before committing to a new platform and buying unique hardware not compatible with other systems, will iguide remain a prepaid service? Will it be open to SDK or other API editing in the future? As far as Emily is aware is fine.

Also is it useable with Leica BLK 360? If so do you need the LIDAR unit I see being used with the theta camera in her video?

Thanks for your patience,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
iGuide
Product
Marketing Manager
Kitchener, Canada
Chris_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
@Meidansha Thanks for your questions!

iGUIDE's business model will not be changing any time soon. iGUIDE hosting/drafting fees are not subscription-based. More detailed information can be found on our website: click here.

I can't speak to specifics about what will be coming in the future but our API information can be found on our website: click here. What goals are you trying to achieve?

iGUIDEs can only be created with an iGUIDE camera system. You can see the different models: click here

This means you cannot use a Ricoh Theta Z1 alone. It must be part of the iGUIDE system with the integrated laser scanner. The Leica BLK 360 is also not supported.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the direct heads up Chris!

I hope to see the live at 5 but in Japan that means 5am. I there is a transcript to be posted it would be appreciated @DanSmigrod.

Very interested particularly as the market is young in Japan.

Daniel
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Meidansha

Transcript - within 10 days of the show airing live, I will post the transcript and show to the WGAN Forum.

LiDAR - the iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit includes LiDAR. You can buy the iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit - within a Ricoh Theta Z1 - and add your Ricoh Theta Z1 to the kit.

(Fond memories of visiting Japan.)

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hi All,

On WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, June 3, my guest is Greater San Francisco-based Hopscotch Interactive Founder Emily Olman (@Hopscotch). Emily is a long-time Matterport Service Provider (since 2015). Hopscotch Interactive has five Matterport Pro 3D Cameras and one iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit.

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

May be I am going to be lucky and she answers "why does she want to capture faster with 6 times less resolution on iGuide and pay for floor area size to iGuide significantly more per tour that she pays to Matterport?"

I get that there is a free floor plan which you have to pay $15 to Matterport for. A client may not need it at all but lets leave it.
I get that hosting for one year is free on iGuide and it costs about $36 for a year based on subscription plan cost and active models. A client can cover even more paying $5-10 per month for a Matterport tour so you profit from it but again lets leave that it is one of iGuide Pros.

What I do not get how it is cheaper and better with 6 times less resolution and assuming you have 5000 sqf property will cost $100 in fees paid to iGuide? It is still $100 versus $51($36+$15) and it is much more significant difference for huge spaces.

Amount of time spent in a property can be critical for volume scanning for sure but from a client prospective asking them for iGuide tour the same as you ask for Matterport while a client sees you working on site 15-20 minutes versus 1-2 hours with Matterport will raise a question from a client "are they overcharging me a lot for just 20 minutes of work?"

So will she be asking less for iGuide, paying in total more and leaving less money in her pocket?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Wingman

All great questions.

On WGAN-TV Live at 5, I will ask Emily Olman (@Hopscotch) about iGUIDE processing/hosting costs and faster scanning in context to image quality (as you described).

I will also ask her to compare floor plans of iGUIDE versus Matterport.

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hi All,

On WGAN-TV Live at 5 today, Thursday, June 3, 2021, my guest is Greater San Francisco-based Hopscotch Interactive Founder Emily Olman (@Hopscotch). Emily is a long-time Matterport Service Provider (since 2015). Hopscotch Interactive has five Matterport Pro 3D Cameras and one iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit.

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 11 IP   flag post
marcoastan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
Quote:

May be I am going to be lucky and she answers "why does she want to capture faster with 6 times less resolution on iGuide and pay for floor area size to iGuide significantly more per tour that she pays to Matterport?"

I get that there is a free floor plan which you have to pay $15 to Matterport for. A client may not need it at all but lets leave it.
I get that hosting for one year is free on iGuide and it costs about $36 for a year based on subscription plan cost and active models. A client can cover even more paying $5-10 per month for a Matterport tour so you profit from it but again lets leave that it is one of iGuide Pros.

What I do not get how it is cheaper and better with 6 times less resolution and assuming you have 5000 sqf property will cost $100 in fees paid to iGuide? It is still $100 versus $51($36+$15) and it is much more significant difference for huge spaces.

Amount of time spent in a property can be critical for volume scanning for sure but from a client prospective asking them for iGuide tour the same as you ask for Matterport while a client sees you working on site 15-20 minutes versus 1-2 hours with Matterport will raise a question from a client "are they overcharging me a lot for just 20 minutes of work?"

So will she be asking less for iGuide, paying in total more and leaving less money in her pocket?

As I know about the iGuide, they have BOMA Certification for the floor plan. That's why floor plan from iGuide more expensive than matterport.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Andy17 private msg quote post Address this user
I missed seeing this. will it be available for replay on the forum? Thanks!
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoastan
As I know about the iGuide, they have BOMA Certification for the floor plan. That's why floor plan from iGuide more expensive than matterport.

honestly I do not know what BOMA certification is but it is not my point. I just do not get why a business with 5 matterport cameras has decided to get a Planix system and seem to be be quite exited about it. So I hope I am just missing something and they will explain it in the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy17
I missed seeing this. will it be available for replay on the forum? Thanks!

I am sure Dan will post the video. He always does and even provides a transcript later.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Hopscotch private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Dan - GREAT chatting with you today! Thanks for having me on the show today - hard to believe it was just a couple of years ago and we were hanging out in Santa Clara at AWE this time of year.

I don't know that we answered all of the questions from above, but we definitely went deeply into several other topics that are super relevant. I will give it a few more months of use, and especially looking at the long-term financials, and then would love to come back on the show.

I have this feeling that the landscape will change once again and I'm very curious to see what will happen when it does...but for the time-being I'm very happy with my purchase and I am greatly enjoying adding another tool to my toolkit. If anyone has any follow-up questions for me they should feel free to post them here and I'll do my best to respond...and they can subscribe to my YouTube where I'll for sure be posting additional feedback and tips for the newer operators.

THANK YOU!!!!
Post 15 IP   flag post
VirtusRealis private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Dan for your precise questions and your will to make things crystal clear
Thank you Chris for your introduction to Planix : I could buy this camera only because you seem to be a good guy !

I missed the last WGAN-TV so maybe my questions has been answered but here they are just in case :

Usage :
Can I scan outside as I do using a BLK ? Does sun rays interfere with LIDAR ?
Can I use the Core by itself - just to get the point cloud - or attaching a 360° camera is mandatory ?

Accuracy :
What does "Measurement Uncertainty: +/- 1cm up to max range (Typical, based on at least 60 cm wide wall segment)" mean (instruction manual) ? My 60 cm wall can be measured as 59 or 61 cm long ? This is not 0.5% accuracy...

Datas:
Can I get a 3D point cloud from my visit such as Matterport does ?
What's the size in Go of a typical house when I download it ?
Can I estimate it using xMo/view ?
If my customers wants to keep their digital twins, does they need to create an iGuide account or to download Stitch ?

I long to see the last TV show on replay
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtusRealis

I missed the last WGAN-TV so maybe my questions has been answered but here they are just in case :

Indeed most of them have been answered. You can watch it now, look at the bottom right corner while you are on PC. I am sure Dan will embed it soo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopscotch

I don't know that we answered all of the questions from above, but we definitely went deeply into several other topics that are super relevant. I will give it a few more months of use, and especially looking at the long-term financials, and then would love to come back on the show.

You have answered most of mine at least. And it has been educational especially on 3D part. I thought they collecting 3D data as point cloud while it seems they are just measuring distances to walls. Thanks for doing it with Dan.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit versus Matterport Pro2 3D Camera by a Long-Time Matterport Service Provider with San Francisco Bay Area-based Hopscotch Interactive Founder Emily Olman (@Hopscotch). Thursday, 3 June 2021

Hi All,

Here is the WGAN-TV Live at 5 show (recording above) that aired live on Thursday, 3 June 2021: iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit versus Matterport Pro2 3D Camera by a Long-Time Matterport Service Provider with San Francisco Bay Area-based Hopscotch Interactive Founder Emily Olman (@Hopscotch).

Emily (@Hopscotch),

Thank you for being my guest (again) on WGAN-TV Live at 5. Great insight for:

✓ those new to real estate photography and to 24/7 Open House Virtual Tours
✓ busy, successful real estate photographers
✓ existing Matterport Service Providers thinking about adding iGUIDE
✓ those curious about the advantages/disadvantages coming from a long-time Matterport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Hopscotch

I look forward to having you back on WGAN-TV Live at 5 discussing how you offer iGUIDE in addition to Matterport.

@marcoastan

About your comment ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @marcoastan

I will defer to @Chris_iGuide to answer why/when BOMA Certification matters.

@Andy17

Here is last night's WGAN-TV Live at 5 (above). Thanks for watching.

@VirtusRealis

About your questions ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @VirtusRealis
Usage :
Can I scan outside as I do using a BLK ? Does sun rays interfere with LIDAR ?
Can I use the Core by itself - just to get the point cloud - or attaching a 360° camera is mandatory ?

While you can scan outdoors with a iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit, it will be challenging in direct sun: like a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera. Emily discusses this topic during the show.

About ...

Quote:
Accuracy :
What does "Measurement Uncertainty: /- 1cm up to max range (Typical, based on at least 60 cm wide wall segment)" mean (instruction manual) ? My 60 cm wall can be measured as 59 or 61 cm long ? This is not 0.5% accuracy...

I will defer to @Chris_iGuide to answer/discuss this question.

About ...

Quote:
Datas:
Can I get a 3D point cloud from my visit such as Matterport does ?
What's the size in Go of a typical house when I download it ?
Can I estimate it using xMo/view ?
If my customers wants to keep their digital twins, does they need to create an iGuide account or to download Stitch ?

I will defer to @Chris_iGuide to answer/discuss this question.

@Wingman

About ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
You have answered most of mine at least. And it has been educational especially on 3D part. I thought they collecting 3D data as point cloud while it seems they are just measuring distances to walls. Thanks for doing it with Dan.

Thanks for managing expectations of WGAN Forum Members that I always post WGAN-TV Live at 5 shows to the WGAN Forum.

I asked Emily your questions during the show. Still have follow-up questions for @Hopscotch?

Since Emily has five (5) Matterport Pro2 3D Cameras - and is only exploring iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit (workflow, client reactions and how to price), the iGUIDE pay per tour model likely is best (early on) for her.

My recommendation to Emily, based on her insights/comments:

1. Offer iGUIDE for the SAME price as Matterport to see if existing clients prefer:

a. always on interactive floor plan (within the iGUIDE tour)
b. iGUIDE floor plans (color, accuracy, client branding)
c. faster shoot time (good for the agent/homeowner too)
d. "walk around" tour experience

While we all would agree that DSLR shot tours will have the best image quality; and the image quality of the Matterport Pro2 is better than the iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit (that uses the Ricoh Theta Z1 for image capture), I could imagine that most real estate agents don't care - or can not tell - the quality of the iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit versus Matterport.

iGUIDE Pay Per Tour gives Emily diversification (not dependent on one platform) and experimenting with giving new and existing clients a choice.

If you like iGUIDE, but are not satisfied with the image quality, you always have the option of buying the iGUIDE Camera Kit that includes a DSLR camera.

Additional thoughts? Questions?

Best,

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
I've been looking around for this answer, but not found any specifics. If you're using the iGuide Planix w/Z1, how far apart should scans be using this system? Is there a difference in how you place the camera vs. Matteport Pro2? Thanks!
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Andy17
I've been looking around for this answer, but not found any specifics. If you're using the iGuide Planix w/Z1, how far apart should scans be using this system? Is there a difference in how you place the camera vs. Matteport Pro2? Thanks!

Yes. As discussed in the WGAN-TV Live at 5 show (above), with a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera, you typically scan every 5 to 7 to 10 feet. If you try to scan too far from the previous scan, you will get a misalignment error (so you will need to move the camera closer to the previous scan). Plus, with Matterport, you need to scan so that the next scan is always within 5 to 7 to 12 feet of a previous scan.

We the iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit - uses LiDAR instead of structured light - you can scan as much as about 150 feet from a previous scan (automatically), or scan anywhere and then manually place your scan in the appropriate place. We discuss this at length during the show.

Best,

Dan
Post 20 IP   flag post
I'm listening as I read your response. Thank you!
Post 21 IP   flag post
iGuide
Product
Marketing Manager
Kitchener, Canada
Chris_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
@VirtusRealis Good questions!

Q: As I know about the iGuide, they have BOMA Certification for the floor plan. That's why floor plan from iGuide more expensive than matterport.

A: iGUIDE does not provide BOMA certification for floor plans. Such certification to a large extent depends on how the space is partitioned between tenant exclusive and common use areas which is outside of the scope of information available to iGUIDE drafters. Accuracy of the iGUIDE reported total building square footage, however, easily meets and exceeds by a large margin the max 2% sqft error requirement of the BOMA standards.

Q: Can I scan outside as I do using a BLK ? Does sun rays interfere with LIDAR ?

A: Sun always interferes with optical systems to varying extents. PLANIX lidar is capable of producing outdoor measurements, but the measurement range will be affected by both ambient light and reflectivity of the target surface. It is not uncommon for PLANIX to produce measured data outdoors for structures that are 10-20m away.

Q: Can I use the Core by itself - just to get the point cloud - or attaching a 360° camera is mandatory ?

A: No, PLANIX Core will not work without the Ricoh Theta Z1 because drafting doors, windows, stairs, etc require images that are registered to lidar data.

Q: What does "Measurement Uncertainty: /- 1cm up to max range (Typical, based on at least 60 cm wide wall segment)" mean (instruction manual) ? My 60 cm wall can be measured as 59 or 61 cm long ? This is not 0.5% accuracy…

A: A single measurement point from the PLANIX lidar may have a measurement uncertainty or noise of 1-5cm. However, by averaging a few dozen such measurement points located along a 60cm segment of a wall, the measurement noise gets averaged out and the distance from the lidar to that segment of the wall can be established with typically 1cm uncertainty. When a measuring a floor, point clouds from several rooms need to be stacked together, so uncertainty in the end to end length of a floor plate may depend on the number of rooms, unless there is a hallway between the two opposite walls, which can be measured in a single shot (PLANIX lidar has 40m or 120ft measurement range). So, the 0.5% uncertainty in distance measurements is a rule of thumb estimate assuming 3-5 rooms along a floor plate on average, but in many cases, the performance is much better.

Q: Can I get a 3D point cloud from my visit such as Matterport does ?

A: No, PLANIX lidar produces only 2D point cloud, which is available on a separate layer in DXF floor plans once the iGUIDE is drafted. However, triangulation-based measurements in 3D space are possible in iGUIDE 3D tour using images under two scenarios: measurements in a vertical plane from a single pano or triangulation measurements from 2 panos in 3D space.

Q: What's the size in GB of a typical house when I download it ?

A: About 250-350MB which comes from about 10MB per pano.

Q: If my customers wants to keep their digital twins, does they need to create an iGuide account or to download Stitch ?

A: Any iGUIDE can be downloaded for offline use. This is done by clicking the link found in the emailed report. No login is required as long as someone possesses the link. This offline iGUIDE can be kept for as long as they wish and can be viewed in a browser. No special app is required to view it.
Post 22 IP   flag post
marcoastan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_iGuide
@VirtusRealis Good questions!

Q: As I know about the iGuide, they have BOMA Certification for the floor plan. That's why floor plan from iGuide more expensive than matterport.

A: iGUIDE does not provide BOMA certification for floor plans. Such certification to a large extent depends on how the space is partitioned between tenant exclusive and common use areas which is outside of the scope of information available to iGUIDE drafters. Accuracy of the iGUIDE reported total building square footage, however, easily meets and exceeds by a large margin the max 2% sqft error requirement of the BOMA standards.

Q: Can I scan outside as I do using a BLK ? Does sun rays interfere with LIDAR ?

A: Sun always interferes with optical systems to varying extents. PLANIX lidar is capable of producing outdoor measurements, but the measurement range will be affected by both ambient light and reflectivity of the target surface. It is not uncommon for PLANIX to produce measured data outdoors for structures that are 10-20m away.

Q: Can I use the Core by itself - just to get the point cloud - or attaching a 360° camera is mandatory ?

A: No, PLANIX Core will not work without the Ricoh Theta Z1 because drafting doors, windows, stairs, etc require images that are registered to lidar data.

Q: What does "Measurement Uncertainty: /- 1cm up to max range (Typical, based on at least 60 cm wide wall segment)" mean (instruction manual) ? My 60 cm wall can be measured as 59 or 61 cm long ? This is not 0.5% accuracy…

A: A single measurement point from the PLANIX lidar may have a measurement uncertainty or noise of 1-5cm. However, by averaging a few dozen such measurement points located along a 60cm segment of a wall, the measurement noise gets averaged out and the distance from the lidar to that segment of the wall can be established with typically 1cm uncertainty. When a measuring a floor, point clouds from several rooms need to be stacked together, so uncertainty in the end to end length of a floor plate may depend on the number of rooms, unless there is a hallway between the two opposite walls, which can be measured in a single shot (PLANIX lidar has 40m or 120ft measurement range). So, the 0.5% uncertainty in distance measurements is a rule of thumb estimate assuming 3-5 rooms along a floor plate on average, but in many cases, the performance is much better.

Q: Can I get a 3D point cloud from my visit such as Matterport does ?

A: No, PLANIX lidar produces only 2D point cloud, which is available on a separate layer in DXF floor plans once the iGUIDE is drafted. However, triangulation-based measurements in 3D space are possible in iGUIDE 3D tour using images under two scenarios: measurements in a vertical plane from a single pano or triangulation measurements from 2 panos in 3D space.

Q: What's the size in GB of a typical house when I download it ?

A: About 250-350MB which comes from about 10MB per pano.

Q: If my customers wants to keep their digital twins, does they need to create an iGuide account or to download Stitch ?

A: Any iGUIDE can be downloaded for offline use. This is done by clicking the link found in the emailed report. No login is required as long as someone possesses the link. This offline iGUIDE can be kept for as long as they wish and can be viewed in a browser. No special app is required to view it.

Thanks for your explanation @Chris_iGuide
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
As discussed in the WGAN-TV Live at 5 show (above), with a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera, you typically scan every 5 to 7 to 10 feet.

It is only required if you want to see clean dollhouse and floor plan few without holes. a Pro 2 should see up to 5 meters inside sometimes even further. If a dollhouse/floorplan view is not required or a client does not care you can scan with much bigger gaps of 5 and possible even more. The idea is t get a splash from one scan to overlap some of a previous one. if splash goes 5 meter around every scan you got some kind of a circle with 10 meters diameter. So if you step away 6 meters a new scan with the same 10m diameter circle will have about 3m overlapping area to the previous scan.
Post 24 IP   flag post
tmroberts private msg quote post Address this user
something else to consider is IMO there is no "perfect" solution for every client. Every client is different and has different needs. Some clients will be satisfied with a Zillow 3D tour while some require a much more compelling experience. I think there is room for Matterport, iGuide Planix and a few others to hold in our tool box of solutions we offer.
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

A comment posted to the show on our YouTube Channel (www.WGAN-TV.com) by Panoramic Studio E:

I think part of the consideration is how much work your getting per year. Ive been shooting real estate for years but I just started matterport with my Theta z last year.

I Only used the matterport 5 tour subscription as I was testing it out.

I didn't have more then one tour per month. Now I just got an iguide planex system about a month ago and scanned 5 tours already. I think it is much more popular in my area now. I've decided that I would focus on promoting Iguide, and also use the Theta for Matterport for the odd job.

I also don't provide floor plans with the Matterport tours as they are less accurate with my Theta. Its also too much work to draft up a floor plan from the tour, and too much money to pay someone else to do it.

Overall I'm quite happy with the Iguide system. I was drawn to the system because it would save me a lot of time, and allow me to have more bookings available per day.

Dan
Post 26 IP   flag post
VirtusRealis private msg quote post Address this user
@Chris_iGuide
Thank you Chris for these explanations
Post 27 IP   flag post
101436 27 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?