Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseDollhouse ViewOutdoorsProblemsTrimTrimming

Problem: How can I improve this Matterport dollhouse view?14902

Alex77 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everybody,

I have a big issue with my last project: I can't get a decent dollhouse view from this tour. What I dislike more is the outdoor area behind the entrance. We took 3 scans outside, but we turned them 'blind' except the one on the door (the starting point). More, we trimmed all that area OUT before uploading.

What can I do in order to clean this dollhouse view up?

Many thanks in advance!

Post 1 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
Classic problem when you go outside. I have similar issue with a job that I have just done. Try duplicating the model and deleting the other two unused outside scans and re-upload. It's free so you can experiment as much as you want.
Before you upload set trim lines very tight so the scan is included but very little else. You will still get the view but the floor plan and dollhouse will be neater.
If the client hates the dollhouse, you can always switch it off.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Alex,

I would probably duplicate the model and delete the three scans outside. Then if you don't already have trim lines at the garage door I would add trim their. Probably not ideal (since you wanted the outside scans)but pretty sure that will clean up the model.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Alex77 If you there are points in the cut off area, that cut line will be ignored.
So you should duplicate one and delete all points in the cut off area and reupload for reprocessing.
Post 4 IP   flag post
denlee private msg quote post Address this user
I'll still use Matterport if someone specifically wants it, but mostly I've switched to Asteroom partly because of the vastly superior dollhouse which includes the outside. In this example of a commercial property, the dollhouse (or 3D model as I prefer to call it) shows the entire property:

clickable text
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hi, thank you all for the precious suggestions! I will try to delete the outdoor scans.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Hi all again,

your suggestions solved my main problem with this dollhouse.

I noticed something very strange: from a big window the inner garden seems duplicated! How's possible this problem? I think it can't be solved...

Moreover, is there a way(for this tour, or for the next ones...) to improve how the ceilings are displayed in the dollhouse view?

Thanks again in advance!
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe you can try to add two "windows" mark back to back at the "red arrow" area, one inside and one outside of the glass. Reupload and reprocess to see if there is any imporvement.
It will make the windows mark area to be a full double sides surface.
Same thing can be try at the "yellow arrow" area.

About the fragments on the roof, currently no way to solve it except the Matterport guy can modify the mesh file for you manually.

Post 8 IP   flag post
101641 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?