Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture App

Does Direct Sunlight Effect a Point Cloud14875

jpierce360 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm using the Matterport camera to create a virtual tour and point cloud for an architect and the lobby of the space is in direct sunlight.

I'm not sure if the point cloud be effected by direct sunlight or not. I know there's some issues with the 3d Model and floor plans in direct sunlight.

Any help is appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
DougMagners private msg quote post Address this user
Hi JPierce,
I will preface this answer by saying I am basing this off of typical conditions and traditional performance of the system, but essentially the answer is yes, especially with the Matterport camera. Because of the low infrared power compared to a true high-definition laser scanner, the direct sunlight will most likely diminish the dimensional accuracy of that space (i.e. the point cloud may not be dimensionally accurate). There's also a good chance, depending on the size and materials of the lobby, that it will not have point cloud data for parts of the architecture, so there will be holes in the point cloud.
I will close by saying it is possible Matterport has recently amped their AI to overcome this traditional obstacle, but as far as I know, my answer is still accurate.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101429 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?