Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CAPTUR3DHow ToScansSQFTTips

Is there a Matterport Sq Ft tool?14845

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a Matterport Sq Ft tool? I searched the forums and a while back I saw a post, where you could just add the tour ID to the URL and it outputted the estimated Sq Ft. My apologies in advance for any duplicity, but I have 6 commercial spaces and need to get the math estimate on Sq Ft. Any ideas?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I had made a feature request a couple years back but it fell on deaf ears at Matterport.

I have used Google Earth or the local GIS Mapping tools for rough estimates in the past

Alternatively, if you already have a model you could order a floor plan for the estimates ~ There are a couple inexpensive vendors out there
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport Tour by St. Simons Island, GA-based Matterport Service Harlan Hambright | @HarlanHambright

---

CAPTUR3D 2D Floor Plan/Site Plan

Matterport Floor Plans

--

Hi All,

@GETMYVR

Once upon a time there was a free tool for calculating square feet of Matterport tours by @metroplex360, BUT Matterport killed it as an unauthorized use of the Matterport API.

If you use CAPTUR3D floor plans, you get the square feet (for billing).

---
Receive five (5) free floor plans - created from a Matterport tour - when you use this WGAN affiliate link to create a free CAPTUR3D account.

(You actually receive 90 CAPTUR3D credits ($90) that you can redeem for your choice of five (5) floor plans/site plans or 90 photos retouched or apply your credits to whatever CAPTUR3D service of your choice.)
---

CAPTUR3D Floor Plan/Site Plan (above) is USD$16.

Matterport Floor Plan (above) is $14.99 and Matterport Terms of use require the Matterport logo.

The difference in cost is: $1.01

Your thoughts?

Related WGAN Forum Discussions

✓ WGAN Forum Discussions Tagged: Floor Plans | 3D Floor Plans | Interactive Floor Plans
✓ WGAN Forum Discussions Tagged: CAPTUR3D

Dan

P.S. Interestingly, about the SQ FT:

1. Agent says: "Home is under 1700 sq ft. per tax records"
2. Matterport Floor Plan SQ FT: 1,665 SQ FT "Gross Internal Area"
3. CAPTUR3D Floor Plan/Site Plan: Total APPROX. Floor Area 1,906 SQ.FT"

I could imagine that CAPTUR3D either included the Outdoor Patio or the Garage.

5 free floor plans from a Matterport tour when you use this WGAN affiliate link to create a free CAPTUR3D account. [To be eligible to receive WGAN-TV Training U (in Matterport) 1-Year Membership, send your CAPTUR3D receipt for $250 or more to: DanSmigrod@WeGetAroundNetwork.com]
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport made it so that you have to buy their floorplan to get that info... alternatively, do what Dan said. Regardless, you will pay for it now.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Check with @JuMp they have some chrome extension(Jump tools) and it can calculate an area size just from a link to a matterport tour. I used to remember how to call it but I lost the link you need to use for it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I have found it in my Bookmarks

http://www.iit3d.com/me?index=XXXX where XXXX is your tour ID
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Chrome Extension
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you @metroplex360 & @wingman the team at Jump reached out to me and said their square foot tool is free for business and commercial. http://www.iit3d.com/me?index=?? They did suggest refreshing the page twice to make sure that you're getting the square footage for the correct model.

Thanks everyone for your help.

And of course a big thanks to Dan as well.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101641 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?