Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360 Tours3D ToursMarketingPlatforms

What is the next level down from a Matterport tour14841

Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
I should say what is the best alternative. Have a client asking. Can you show me so I can show them? TIA
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@GlennTremain

There are 170+ 3D/360 Virtual Tour Platforms/Software. Many are awesome solutions, based on the use cases; problems/opportunities/budget.

Which is "best alternative" depends on the:

✓ use cases?
✓ problems client is trying to solve?
✓ opportunities for client as a result of the tours?
✓ budget? Spare no expense? Least cost solution?

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GlennTremain

BTW, to help identify the appropriate platform alternative(s), it's helpful to understand, "why not Matterport"?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
tmroberts private msg quote post Address this user
I don't understand "level down from Matterport"? Many would argue they aren't the industry gold standard they once were - as @DanSmigrod pointed out there are many other options.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
Without any hesitation I would suggest you take a look at Zillow 3D Home Tours. They are quick and easy to create and they are hosted on the Zillow platform so you don't need hosting. Zillow also offers a video walkthrough to be uploaded (less than 500MB) that is also hosted on their site.

If you want to see a demo, check out this listing in San Jose that just sold (not my listing, I did the media and single page website (using Show and Tour). I used a Ricoh SC2 360 camera for the 360 tour and my LG G7 phone with DJI Osmos 3 gimbal for the video, edited with PowerDirector 365.
https://show.tours/5902countryclubpkwy
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
My value minded tour would also be Zillow’s 3D home tour & or CloudPano
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Tourbuzz powered by Urbanimmersive

@GlennTremain

I look forward to your reply to my questions (above).

In the mean time, I have been looking at Tourbuzz powered by Urbanimmersive.

Tourbuzz powered by Urbanimmersive is $25 per tour (includes a Single Property Website). 2D Schematic Floor Plans are $25. Includes hosting for a year. No subscription (Pay Per Tour).

No dollhouse, but the 3D walk-around experience very good good.

Your thoughts?

I will be attending a Tourbuzz powered by Urbanimmersive live webinar 1 pm EDT Wednesday, May 12, 2012 to learn more. (They offer a free trial.)

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
It was a gotcha headline to get more involvement. I love matterport but some don't like that their digital property is stored out of their hands. So I want the trendsetters in the industy (WGAN members) to give me 3rd party proof what is considered an alternative so they can see what is out there for May 2021.

Thank you all for your input :-)
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@GlennTremain CloudPano also allows to download a packaged tour for self hosting if need be
Post 9 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
Thanks to all that gave input so far https://youtu.be/i8dseWUWqOY what are your thoughts?
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@GlennTremain

permisions?

Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@GlennTremain

I shot 38 properties last month as a "One Man Band" & have 12 properties already scheduled this month

My minimum fee to show up is $300 and have been averaging about $500 per visit

I offer both Zillow & Matterport and I bought a Lifetime CloudPano account last summer ~ CloudPano also have a "Live" feature for Zoom-esk video, voice, or chat within a tour where the client can also take control of a the tour
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Just scheduled a $450 vacant land shoot for 9.5 acres about an hour out of town
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I would start with what features client absolutely needs & what are optional. That for sure will narrow it to just few providers.

Also with your analogy for $9 vs $4000 shoes do you want something that can be done faster than Matterport with as less fees paid by you as possible so you can offer a cheaper than Matterport alternative or it can be even more time consuming and it does not have to be cheaper.

From my experience I tried InsideMaps to make a cheaper alternative as you do capture a property with it in two times less time but the quality .. if it can be estimated that way.. is much more than two times less. I am sure somebody will pay $100 AUD for it vs at least $300 for Matterport but I won't be doing any tours for $100. I will need to get to a property, spend an hour there and come back and $100 for it is just not gonna make it for me. So I have had to drop that idea.

Other alternative for me is a Pano2VR tour and manual capture with DSLR that in resolution can beat even Matterport Pro2 but it is no way faster to develiever a Pano2VR tour than a Matterport tour. Also there will be no measurements or a dollhouse view. I can do an interactive floor plan but I either have to capture all measurements manually and draw it or have a floor plan provided by a vendor or real estate agent. Plus capturing with a DSLR is not much faster than with a Pro2 and then you need to merge into HDR and stitch so it is plenty of work before I can even start building a tour.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101428 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?