Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdvicePricing

How to pricing a Matterport Museum/Art Gallery tour like this one?14836

Standard
Portage, MI
Senojev private msg quote post Address this user
I would greatly appreciate information on how you would price similar tours and any feedback on this particular tour.

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
This is pretty nicely done, IMHO. As I do when shooting art galleries, there is a nodal position in front of each piece, and several around 3D art placed in the center of rooms. Also, the distance from the MP camera to the art is closer for small pieces and larger for bigger ones, exactly as I do. I usually adjust the height of scan positions for optimal viewing of pieces as well, something not done here but also there was little need to. All good!

Aside from scanning time, the issue is setting all the Mattertags. If the information to be contained in the tags is all arranged by the museum staff for you, and delivered in a concise spreadsheet, then setting the tags can probably be done in a minute or two each. Of course, all videos and still photos need to be uploaded beforehand to some web hosting service, as their URLs is what will go into the tags. So if you're just given the digital files, plan for the time to upload these and add their specific URLs to your info spreadsheet before doing the tags.

Well organized, you can probably set each tag in a minute or two. It's kind of drudgery work but someone's got to do it, right? So figure maybe 25-30 tags per hour (once you get rolling) and charge for your time, whatever you feel is right.

There should be many more museums doing this!
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I would strongly recommed MPEmbeds Mattertag Panel for this very interesting 3D Art Tour.

And the 3D Tour needs some trims in the lower left corner. And Media Mattertags with JPGs are better than only Text Mattertags.

Text could be displayed and read out loud in MPEmbeds panorama actions. From my point of view the MPEmbed showcase player is a must have tool for high end art tours.

If text is delivered digitally, you can copy/paste those or automatically import them (not with MPEmbed, but with MPSkin). No problem with these probably 80 to 100 Mattertags.

My pricing for this one would be (in Berlin, Germany) 590 for the scan plus 5 per Text Mattertag, so probably something between 1000 and 1200.

Plus probably another 150 up to maybe 600 or even double the price of "3D scan plus Matterport edits", if you add all the possible MPEmbed features, including panorama actions, individual icons, media (JPGs), some audio and other actions for a perfect and immersive 3D Tour experience.

After such a perfect MPEmbed customization you would not guess, that this is "only" a Matterport Tour.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
I really love this stuff and need to get us out of our residential rut, and into it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Senojev

These WGAN Forum discussions may be helpful:

Example of Charging for Matterport Monthly Hosting, Support and Maintenance
✓ WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Pricing

Please let us know what you decided to do.

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Galeria Estação, São Paulo, Brazil | Matterport Digital Twin created by Brasil 3D Realidade Virtual

Matterport Blog (20 October 2021) Learn about the historical and contemporary works of Brazilian artists in Galeria Estação | Brasil 3D Realidade Virtual uses Matterport to increase the visibility of non-scholar art collections to a global audience
Post 6 IP   flag post
101437 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?