Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport Going PublicPaul Barron NetworkRJ PittmanVideo

Video: Interview with Matterport CEO RJ Pittman14824

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Matterport CEO interview | 3D Space Capture | $GHVI | Video courtesy of Paul Barron Network YouTube Channel | 3 May 2021
Post 1 IP   flag post
Rockwall, Texas
Dcook001 private msg quote post Address this user
Any news on the MP3 camera?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@Dcook001 Will be coming soon, is what I was told from a very reliable source.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Rockwall, Texas
Dcook001 private msg quote post Address this user
Any talk of price?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerhard
@Dcook001 Will be coming soon, is what I was told from a very reliable source.

I ordered a coffee maker called the spinn and they have been claiming the same thing since 2016. I'm still waiting

What I will say is that on we get around network, Chris Bell said that they are of course working on a new camera 2 years ago and I've not heard anything, not that I would be the first person to hear anything by any means.

I've always said that my prediction is that the new camera would replace the blk360 and be a low cost long range lidar camera. The existing pro 2 camera does everything that we need but could be improved by being faster and having a better vertical field of view along with not having issues with parallax error by being redesigned.

If the pro 3 is faster and better designed and cheaper than sure, great idea. If it replaces the blk360 then it's a must have for the pros but not likely to be something for everybody. I am intrigued to see what it is that they're going to be doing.

The biggest area for growth in the matterport platform is the showcase player itself and there are so many things that I would love to see added including improvements to the 360 views by adding the ability to add matter tags and by reworking 360 placements. The capture app could use a lot of new features also including the ability to create matter tags on site, the ability to hide scans on site when you're just scanning for mesh and the ability to restore models from the cloud which is coming
Post 5 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
A pro 3 will probably not work with the classic plans, therefore I am happy with the current situation.

I will probably invest in the new skydio 3D capture platform, because the concept of the autonomous 3D photogrammetry drone looks most promising to me.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101637 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?