Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Local Museum Google Maps tour done with a Canon 5DS14789

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to do one of local district museums for a long time. Then I got a new partner asking me to do test photos so they can check my images in their system for auto stitching and publishing on Google Maps.

Unfortunately the museum inside was not ready with a lot of things covered, piled up and there was some kind of mix of modern items like computer stuff mixed. A guy who was there just told me do whatever needed. I did what I could uncovering items and hiding things that were not part of exhibition.

Anyway I have just published it and it is already 80% functional with links.

The resolution of panoramas is a maximum of 72MP(12000x6000) that Google allows on Maps.
Taken with a Canon 5ds(50MP sensor) in Manual mode at 8mm focal length(Canon 8-15mm lens) at full. images size. Four spins only with 7 degree tilt up.
3 brackets for each(-2,0,2) and combined into HDR and stitched with PtGui.

Unfortunately I forgot to switch to manual focus so each spin was using autofocus and metering mode. And it still went quite well.

I used Nodal Ninja Mecha Rotator e1 for rotation but had to use a shutter remoted control as Mecha for some reason not triggering shots on every rotation(only the first is trigered)

Anyway enjoy a piece of local Australian history at

P.S. I am surprised it is almost 100% functional just 20 minutes after publishing.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Dunetop private msg quote post Address this user
Very nicely done.
Post 2 IP   flag post
PickChuck private msg quote post Address this user
The resolution is amazing. Wonderful job sir.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I have just figured out why the camera is not trigged through my Mecha e1 camera port. Apparently the shutter needs to be in timer mode(2s) and you need to enter 3 in a field under NNP one to specify that 3 brackets are required. The field does not have any title in the mecha interface but you can find it on the left side of a focus type.

It can be a pickle triggering camera manually with a separate remote as you need to keep it in your head whether you have done brackets at some particular spin or not.

I definitely going to get a second Mecha e1 to make the whole setup working in box axis automatically.
I was putting it aside for a long time since I did not have PtGui license but purchased it recently.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PickChuck
The resolution is amazing. Wonderful job sir.

it comes from a 50MP sensor Canon and it is only four spins. I can do 6 spins in one row at 10mm and it will be close to 100-120MP. You can go nuts and do two rows at 10-12mm and it will be a megapano with 150MP resolution and over.

With 4 spins, at 8mm and full image size it is just a little over the maximum Goggle Maps is accepting for 360.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Funny thing, I usually post my free tours and paid tours on my community Facebook page. I may get 2-3 likes for them and no one usually comments. This museum tour though has received almost 40 likes and three comments. Could be some memories for local people or simply because it shows a local place.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101641 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?