Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CAPTUR3DVirtual Staging

Virtual staging of a Matterport 3D virtual tour using Captur3d14769

New Interior
Solutions
Bellevue, Washington
ftosolini private msg quote post Address this user

Many of you already know that now you can virtually stage a Matterport tour with Captur3d. The example above shows a house in Seattle where the owner left behind just a few pieces (like the piano in the living room), but for the most part the house was empty.

Originally the realtor hired me to virtually stage the photos of this property, so now you can see two versions of the same project (see below).

Learning how to use Captur3d is very easy, plus the interface is user friendly. I love the fact that you can scale the objects and easily move them around. Even though the library contains a limited number of pieces, the furniture and accessories have a good design, in line with today's taste. The ability to turn on and off the staging is also a very useful feature that helps the viewer better understand the spatial concepts, and the fact that you can integrate real items (like the piano) with virtual ones (like the vase of flowers on top of it) is definitely a plus.

One of the limitations that I found is the ability to upload my own asset into the library. At the time being, only .glb files can be uploaded and since my personal library has mainly .max files I had to find a way to convert them. Online converters didn't work and sometimes even ready-to-use .glb files were not visible. Luckily the support team at Captur3d is very responsive and always ready to help, so I contacted them and they suggested to use Blender for the file conversion. This time it worked and now I'm in the process of populating the library with my own asset.

The ability of being able to virtually stage Matterport tours is something our industry needed. The only lukewarm feedback that I have received from some realtors is that the items don't look realistic. However, others were not bothered by this.

What do you think?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Virtour private msg quote post Address this user
@ftosolini
Thanks for sharing this sample - great work!
I think the tool is a fabulous start to what will surely be a constantly improving stream of platforms/tools that allow folks to easily add furniture within a Matterport tour. You forgot to mention the best part though - the staged furniture is all visible from the dollhouse view

What I look forward to seeing in the coming months/years:
- more realistic-looking furniture
- better shadow/lighting visibility when inserting furniture
- an increased catalog of both residential and commercial items to pick from

Wishing you much success with this platform!
Post 2 IP   flag post
CAPTUR3D
Team
Melbourne, Australia
AlexHitchcock private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the awesome feedback @ftosolini glad to see you are making the most of our virtual Staging feature!

@Virtour thanks for your comment and feedback. You'll be pleased to know all requested feature updates are currently being built by our awesome development team, and are on their way in the coming weeks!

Thanks again, and for those who have not yet signed up to CAPTUR3D, you can get 15 additional free credits ($90 worth in total) when you sign up to CAPTUR3D via this special WGAN affiliate link
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@ftosolini - I'm glad you mentioned this. Saved me the job of launching into my praise for what Captur3d has gifted us with.

This system is incredible. There are other ways to "stage" a Matterport, but this is currently the only one I'd bother with. And I'm going to bother with it - a LOT.

The others have to download and essentially "retouch" all the pano positions in each room, making the panos "appear" to show furniture. If you zoom to the dollhouse view, presto, nothing is really there. And retouching a lot of panos is a lot of money.

Captur3d overlays your MP model with real 3D furnishings superimposed via AR. Remember AR? Well, AR now has found an incredibly useful home with Matterport.

After some particularly different steps registering my account with MP so that Captur3d is "permitted" to overlay my models with their AR, then Captur3d activates your account and you can use this Beta virtual staging. You can actually drop the virtual furnishings right into your dollhouse view of the home or office. Click, drop, there's a table. Click, drop, there's a chair. Click, drop, a painting on the wall. Then go into the walkthrough view and make fine adjustments. It's astounding, it's amazing.

Best of all, imagine you had (as I often do) a huge house with a great room that contains 20 scan positions. When you drop in a new table (wait for it...) it immediately appears in the room FROM ALL THE NODAL POSITIONS THAT CAN SEE IT. No retouching 20 panos, in 15 seconds you've essentially retouched ALL OF THEM. You see the furnishings in the dollhouse because they are REALLY THERE!

I'm telling you, this is a revolution for agents tasked with selling vacant homes.

Okay, so here's my challenge. Take a look at this MP model:
Home3Dstaging.com

This is a home I shot which was about 75% staged with real furniture. Using Captur3d virtual staging I have added 24 pieces of virtual staging. They are scattered around rooms and even outdoors.

Anyone who correctly identifies all 24 pieces of virtual staging (rooms are labeled with names in Floor Plan view) wins an hour of my time on Zoom to pose any questions they'd like about shooting MP indoors and out, mastering 3DVista, drone photogrammetry, anything you like. I'm not sure that's valuable enough to entice hunters but give it a try anyway.

I believe this is a huge development that adopters can parlay into more work and happier clients. And this is coming from a guy whose clients rarely sell vacant homes. Good luck!

Post 4 IP   flag post
New Interior
Solutions
Bellevue, Washington
@Virtour You are right! And not only the staged furniture is visible from the dollhouse view, but you can also use the main three commands (position, scale, rotate) within the dollhouse view. It turned out to be extremely useful when I had to put the bed against the wall.
Post 5 IP   flag post
New Interior
Solutions
Bellevue, Washington
@Home3D Wow, this home is amazing. I love the idea of adding the virtual pieces to the real ones, great job!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
@ftosolini can u add tags on 3d assets?
Post 7 IP   flag post
CAPTUR3D
Team
Melbourne, Australia
Hi @kumar, we will be releasing the ability to add custom Mattertags to virtual tours (including 3D assets) with a huge library of different icons/tags in the next few weeks. We will be sure to keep you posted through marketing emails etc. Please let me know if I can help with anything else at all
Post 8 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@AlexHitchcock well done game changer for sure. Will dm you for another solution I need developed.
Post 9 IP   flag post
CAPTUR3D
Team
Melbourne, Australia
@gerhard thanks! Sounds great, I look forward to chatting soon.
Post 10 IP   flag post
inmerso3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D Beautiful work and powerful tool that has made Capture3D.@AlexHitchcock

Perhaps an off topic question, in your example staged tour, how did you do the exteriors? BLK, 3D shot or 360 matterport, or other 360 one click compatible camera?

Thanks
Post 11 IP   flag post
CAPTUR3D
Team
Melbourne, Australia
Hi @inmerso3D thanks for your kind feedback!

i believe the tour example above uses Cortex to map the exterior model. @home3d could you please confirm?

Thanks,
Alex
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I've completed dozens of homes with full backyards, decks, pools and sometimes front yards as well. I do them all with the Pro 2 camera, except for using the Z1 to "put water in the pool". I find Cortex to be dependably functional only in highly geometric surroundings which means indoors. It's a low form of torture just getting a handful of Z1 images to approximately align for the "water in pool" effect. If one shows up within a foot of where the Z1 is actually located, I keep it and move on.

Cortex plus the Capture app would be powerful - IF - each new Z1 scan, converted to 3D mini-map image could be dragged with it's mini-map downward projection to the CORRECT position and then "tapped" to lock it in place. What I'm suggesting is similar to how we can drag, position and lock 360's into place, except with the added info of the mini-map info that's attached to each new Z1 "scan". If MP enabled this one control, the entire platform would be twice as powerful, in an instant.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

WGAN Free Service: Text Me 5 Minutes Before WGAN-TV is Live

Virtual Staging of a Matterport Tour - in CAPTUR3D – by Bellevue, Washington-based New Interior Solutions Online Interior Designer Francesca Tosolini (@ftosolini)

WGAN-TV: How to DIY Virtually Stage a Matterport Tour using CAPTUR3D

Hi All,

Reminder:

On WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 13 May 2021:

How to DIY virtually stage a Matterport Tour using CAPTUR3D by Bellevue, Washington-based New Interior Solutions Online Interior Designer Francesca Tosolini (@ftosolini)

Receive five (5) free floor plans - created from a Matterport tour - when you use this WGAN affiliate link to create a free CAPTUR3D account.

(You actually receive 90 CAPTUR3D credits ($90) that you can redeem for your choice of five (5) floor plans/site plans or 90 photos retouched or apply your credits to whatever CAPTUR3D service of your choice.)

Best,

Dan

92-WGAN-TV Live at 5: DIY Virtual Staging of Matterport Digital Twins powered by CAPTUR3D and Augmented Reality Mashup with Matterport Spaces powered by CAPTUR3D's ARConnect App. Guest: PHORIA Co-Founder and COO Steven Kounnas. Thursday, 25 February 2021

Transcript: WGAN-TV | DIY Virtual Staging of Matterport Spaces powered by CAPTUR3D

==>Start at 0:30:05 for DIY Virtual Staging of Matterport Spaces powered by CAPTUR3D

5 free floor plans from a Matterport tour when you use this WGAN affiliate link to create a free CAPTUR3D account. [To be eligible to receive WGAN-TV Training U (in Matterport) 1-Year Membership, send your CAPTUR3D receipt for $250 or more to: DanSmigrod@WeGetAroundNetwork.com]
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I think Captur3D can easily add void fill so pools voids can be painted over with blue to represent water. Since the problem is only with a dollhouse view and a floor plan view it may just work with filling it with a blue colour.

Also it would be nice if Captur3D just do the same for just about any black void. I believe I have asked them about it during their webinar for staging and they have replied that it can be done.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101436 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?