Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
InternationalMatterport Capture Services ProgramNewsScanningStatistics

Matterport Launches Global Capture Services for the Enterprise14751

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Media Release
---

Matterport Digital Twin by We Get Around Atlanta

Matterport Launches Global Capture Services for the Enterprise

Companies worldwide adopt Matterport Capture Services to quickly digitize their portfolio of properties at scale

SUNNYVALE, Calif., April 26, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Matterport, Inc., the leading spatial data company driving the digital transformation of the built world, today announced that it has expanded the capabilities of Matterport Capture Services™, an online services platform that delivers a convenient turnkey solution for enterprises that need to digitize tens of thousands of real estate assets globally, simultaneously and with speed. Now available in over 270 cities worldwide, Capture Services has been adopted by large-scale real estate companies including Savills, Colliers International, Cushman & Wakefield, and ERA Singapore Partners.

Matterport Capture Services is designed to dramatically reduce the complexity, time and cost of large enterprises to bring their spaces online. The platform seamlessly connects enterprise customers to thousands of Matterport Capture Technicians across the globe, professionally trained to deliver high-quality 3D digital twins at scale. These Technicians are a click away from expertly capturing a variety of spaces including commercial offices, retail spaces, multi-family residential units, hotel complexes, multi-story buildings, large corporate or industrial campuses and more.

Matterport Capture Services capabilities now include:

✓ A user-friendly online scheduling and job management service that deploys Capture Technicians on-demand to digitize any number of spaces, from anywhere with a simple point-and-click interface.
✓ Expansive coverage capabilities in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
✓ Intelligent logic that makes scheduling the capture of a space, or a global portfolio of spaces, quick and easy.
✓ Dedicated Matterport Capture Coordinators are always available through the platform to tailor a capture solution based on specific property requirements and manage all the logistics.
✓ The delivery of digital twins in as quickly as 48 hours of an order submission.

"With Matterport Capture Services, we are able to digitize more spaces for our clients with greater speed, efficiency, and quality," said Natalie Cariola, Chief Sales Officer at Zumper, a leading online home and apartment rental platform. "Matterport's immersive 3D virtual tours are invaluable for leasing teams. In fact, listings that include 3D tours increase engagement by more than 300%."

Matterport Capture Services experienced significant growth in 2020 with over 50 million square feet captured. As a result, the company is deepening its investment to help enterprises turn their large portfolio of properties into a library of dimensionally accurate digital twins. By eliminating the barriers to bringing thousands of spaces online at a time, Matterport is accelerating the digital transformation of the built world.

"Our enterprise customers understand that digitizing their properties can help them increase efficiency and utilization across buildings," said Brendan Dowdle, General Manager, Matterport Capture Services. "We've combined our global ecosystem of highly experienced Capture Technicians with an innovative suite of new online tools and services to manage the entire process globally, shortening the path to bringing all of their buildings online. This is the just the beginning of our larger strategy to offer anyone the opportunity to acquire digital twins of their spaces and realize their full potential."

According to a report from Deloitte, digital twins have become essential to not only designing, building, operating, managing and promoting a property, but to improving the experiences of the people who inhabit them. More than physical, high-value assets, they are environments where we live and work. By bringing them online, companies can more efficiently assess how everything functions within these spaces, determine more sustainable solutions, and optimize systems like air quality, temperature control and more to enhance our way of life. In a separate report, Accenture has named digital twins one of the top technology trends of 2021.

To learn more about Matterport Capture Services and how it is being adopted by enterprises around the world, visit https://matterport.com/capture-services.

About Matterport
Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal and marketing. Learn more at matterport.com and browse a gallery of digital twins.

In February 2021, Matterport announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to enter into a business combination with Gores Holdings VI (NASDAQ: GHVI, GHVIU, and GHVIW), a special purpose acquisition company sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, LLC, that will result in Matterport becoming a publicly listed company. Upon closing of the proposed business combination, the combined company will be named "Matterport, Inc." and intends to remain listed on NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "MTTR."

@2021 All rights reserved. Matterport is a registered trademark of Matterport, Inc., and Matterport Capture Services is a trademark of Matterport, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.

Source: Matterport via PRNewswire

--

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Matterport Capture Services Program | Matterport Going Public
WGAN Find a Matterport Pro Map
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations to all the new Uber and Lyft drivers. MCTs can now reminisce about their halcyon days as MSPs.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
I just had a look at the page. I notice in it's pitch to property users it says "predictable pricing structure". Does this mean that matterport is introducing a standard price for scanning services?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@Meidansha yes they are and like we have been saying for the last three years its a race to the bottom. Start looking at other tech and markets. You are working for peanuts now.

@Home3D Well then we are UBER Platinum 😂😂😂😂

But lets see when the New Pro 3 is coming out what game changer it will be. Was talking to some guys who knows more about it and it sounded interesting , but cant talk about it now as it is sensitive information and can get people in trouble.

But as soon as the iPhone and co. with their Lidar gets improved it is game over, just like point and shoot cameras get so advanced that a novice can look like a professional. And that is technology for you.
Post 4 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
Guys,

Chill.... the sky hasn't fallen just yet!

There are by current estimates 256 billion (with a B) square feet of residential space in the US and 97 billion of commercial space. So across the planet - Matterport has now "captured" the equivalent of about 1/1000 of the available space in the US alone ..... in a YEAR? And you don't capture it once...it repeats!

I was kinda shocked it was that low. We did 5M square feet last year. So we ourselves did 10% of Matterport's global capture?

Calm down and get back to work....

By the time MCTs are going to need to be driving Ubers the cars will be autonomous.

Plan something different. Like drone/helicopter repair on Mars.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Matterport: Capture Services: Placing Your Order | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 13 May 2021

Video: Ordering Matterport Capture Services for Enterprise | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 12 May 2021

Video: Matterport ShopTalk #19 Webinar: Matterport Capture Services Program | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 7 April 2021

Hi All,

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

Video: Matterport Launches Capture Services for Individuals in Some Markets
Question of the Day: Matterport Sets Scanning Pricing: Good or Bad Idea?
✓ All WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Matterport Capture Services Program

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab 7 | Step 5 of 5

Small print of screen grab above:

[i]*Your default credit card on file will be charged. This price excludes Tax and VAT. The price is determined by several factors including the approximate size, region, and to-be scanned location. If the information is not accurate you may be subject to additional charges.

You can cancel and receive a full credit to your account for the order until 24 hours before your appointment start time. Read our full Cancel Policy

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Meidansha
I just had a look at the page. I notice in it's pitch to property users it says "predictable pricing structure". Does this mean that matterport is introducing a standard price for scanning services?

@Meidansha

Yes. It appears so.

The above screen grab is from the Matterport Capture Services online ordering.

Specifically:

"The price is determined by several factors including the approximate size, region, and to-be scanned location."

Matterport is setting the price.

For example, when I placed an order for 10,000 SQ FT of Commercial Space ( Matterport HQ ), the price quoted was $911.99 before any taxes. ($0.09 per SQ FT) I do not know how much of that goes to the Matterport "technician". [I did cancel my order after doing screen grabs of the Matterport Capture Services ordering process.)

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Thank you for the information @DanSmigrod
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
This quote is ok in case everything goes to a technician but I am sure Matterport will want something from it.

Where is that threat where we are complaining about Matterport hitting our clients?
They have sent two emails to me about this and one has been sent to a collaborator email and the other has been sent to my cloud account email. The email content is identical. The email address I use for the collaborator is just a dummy email that redirects all mail to my company email.

So again they are trying to steal clients from their own MSPs while they have promised not to do it.

Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
So again they are trying to steal clients from their own MSPs while they have promised not to do it.

Actually it is more than stealing our current clients.

I think the biggest problem now is Matterport becoming a direct competitor of their own MSPs.

When they announced this program a few months ago it was about some big international clients with a lot of spaces either in real estate or business. That was less worrying as most of MSPs could not get such jobs or could not cope alone with a volume. Now it comes to every single job even a single one from individuals. .
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
When they announced this program a few months ago it was about some big international clients with a lot of spaces either in real estate or business. That was less worrying as most of MSPs could not get such jobs or could not cope alone with a volume. Now it comes to every single job even a single one from individuals. .

@Wingman

My impression - too - when Matterport Capture Services Program was announced in this Matterport webinar (April 16, 2020), it was about enterprise clients: not single jobs from individuals.

Then, notice the subtle change in wording in this Matterport Webinar on April 7, 2021:

Brendan Dowdle (03:31):
Our capture technician ecosystem could then support those larger portfolios. For example, a large commercial brokerage that might have capture needs in over 100 cities in EMEA, North American APAC. Those are the types of customers that we currently service with the Capture Services program today.

---

Excerpt from: Transcript: Matterport Capture Services Webinar | Thursday, 16 April 2020

Speakers

Linda McNair
Director, Communications & Content Marketing
Matterport
San Francisco

Brendan Dowdle
Senior Director Business Development
Matterport
San Francisco

Jay Remley
Chief Revenue Officer
Matterport
San Francisco

Linda McNair:
So, the first question if for Jay: Many MSPs feel that we're trying to compete with them. What do you have to say about that?

Jay Remley:
Good question, Linda, and yeah. We definitely don't see this as competing with our Capture technicians. As I had mentioned earlier in the beginning, it's a huge opportunity out there in the market, with over four billion buildings globally, and we're capturing today between two and a half and three million on our platform, and yes, we're growing quickly at 100,000+ per month that we're adding to our platform, but by no means are we even close to reaching our potential.

And so, we see this program as really incremental to the business that our Capture technicians are seeing today as we expand this, as Brendan mentioned, really more into the enterprise space and overcoming some of the challenges that we had in the last five or six years that I had mentioned earlier, about inconsistencies in the customer experience, the quality of the experience, as well as just the pricing and transparency when large customers are asking for 50, 100, 200 scans. We just weren't able to efficiently support those, that whole segment of the market. So, I see this truly as incremental and a growth opportunity for any of the Capture technicians that participate in our Capture Services Program.

Brendan Doddle:
And something I'd like to add to this, Jay, is in terms of the service offering that we're providing these enterprise customers: to be absolutely clear, all we're providing is Matterport scans and Matterport services. Services such as drone, DSLR photography, and other services are not going to be serviced through this program itself. We're really trying to make Matterport itself more available to our customer base, and we're not looking to expand beyond that service offering at this point, or any time in the future.

---

Excerpt from: Transcript: Matterport ShopTalk #19: Matterport Capture Services Program

Brendan Dowdle
Senior Director Business Development
Matterport
San Francisco

Brendan Dowdle (03:08):
What we've done through Capture Services is made that ecosystem, made that professional network simple and easy and available to use for all of our customers. Capture Services when we launched was primarily geared towards servicing our enterprise customer base. So, customers that had large property portfolios, really anywhere in the globe.

Brendan Dowdle (03:31):
Our capture technician ecosystem could then support those larger portfolios. For example, a large commercial brokerage that might have capture needs in over 100 cities in EMEA, North American APAC. Those are the types of customers that we currently service with the Capture Services program today. In addition though, we also service jobs for industrial sites for travel and hospitality, we've even done some special jobs like stadiums and concert halls et cetera. The ecosystem is very, very trained and is very capable to service any type of property.
---

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
I still think my biggest client will not use this as they want us to be directly answerable when there is an issue and keeping it consistent with specific requirements that they would want to refer and confer about directly with the scanner about.

Though they would be one of the clients spoken of in the interview (ie. a client that wants 50, 100, 200 scans in 50 cities).

My biggest issue is that by setting prices matterport would make it impossible to give the level of quality that my clients currently request at that rate. Also here in Japan no big company contracts directly for photographic services. They all contract out to big advertising agencies. The agencies in turn don’t like taking risks with new ideas so they let us handle the account side of things. Specifically when I asked one to be a collaborator they said “No, that’s your job. We won’t take responsibility”. It’s a system that works well and ensures that we work hard and are paid a good rate.

And another thing I don’t like the way they refer to us as technicians. We are not their employees and I employee staff to do the business I do. It’s an insult. We are Matterport’s customers.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101438 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?