Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Google Street ViewGSV

When I publish to Google Street View from Matterport, I have questions ...14680

CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
I have generally avoided this in the past as it seemed complicated and there were a lot of complaints.

If I understand correctly, it is now free for Matterport accounts. Can anyone confirm.

I will need to make my client a collaborator using the gmail account that is linked to his My Google Business?

If I hide scans from the model, will those also be hidden from GSV Insides?

Any other advice.

Thanks all
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @CharlesHH,
At present Matterport are offering free processing to Google again.
This has been an on/off offer.
No need to involve your client.
When you go to publish you type in the business name as it is on their Google My Business listing.
Make sure you publish using the Highlight Reel.
Google then uses all the non-hidden scans to create the tour, but only presents the highlight reel images on the listing.
This gives a very nice feel to the Google tour.
Note: Google assumes that your scans were shot facing North, and will use that orientation when presenting the scans in search.
Finally it takes days for all the navigation to show up, so do not panic when you first see the tour which will at first lack any connection between scans!
Regards
Oliver
Post 2 IP   flag post
ahojman private msg quote post Address this user
You can edit the Street View Tour using an ipad or Android or Windows laptop (Bluestacks).
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hi @ahojman,
That sounds interesting.
Can you outline the workflow from Matterport to the final GSV listing?
King regards
Oliver
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
If you really want to edit The Google Street view tour after it has been published and do things like simplify the number of connections between panoramas, the best platform in my experience is GoThru
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hi @Metroplex360,
So do you download the spheres using GoThru, edit, and republish?
Kind regards
Oliver
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladsmuir
Make sure you publish using the Highlight Reel.

After publishing so many tours to GSV I still do not know what they mean by "Include your curated images from the Showcase Highlight Reel". it can be as an addition to publishing all scans or it can be that you only publishing what is currently shown in HL.

I would do the first option "Include all scan points" which will publish all visible scans but not 360 views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladsmuir
So do you download the spheres using GoThru, edit, and republish?

You can do it in pano2VR too and in fact after I publish through Matterport app I always download each GSV tour into a separate pano2VR project.

It allows to have some backup but it also allows to add nadir logo and remove all excessive linking that Matterport GSV app creates. The only problem, after I update both the nadir logo and linking in Pano2VR I have to delete the tour from GSV and upload it again from Pano2VR. It does not seem that Pano2VR can update much on the existing GSV tour.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101646 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?