Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
chdsi80 private msg quote post Address this user
We have scanned a big cathedral and there are some stations which the camera seems to be tilted somehow.

Is there a way to edit the photos in the model? (correct the angle)

besides, the lighting is a bit too much. too much lighting is affecting the beauty of the place.

What is the solution?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
In short. No
Can you go back and rescan the problem areas again? Add it to the scan and disable the others in workshop
Post 2 IP   flag post
Not really. this is quite a high profile building.
it took us months to get them to close the place for us.
Post 3 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Sadly at this point in time there is no way to go into each image and touch it up. If you could if you changed the geometry of the photo what so ever the stitching of the images would not line up so you would delete the whole process.

My advice to you would be approach each shoot as your shooting either stills or film and make sure each pano is exactly the way you want to capture it. With time you will get a feel of how the camera captures images.

If you have very high columns there may be some tilting but this would also be the case shooting stills depending on what lens you us.

I hope this has been helpful.

Best of luck
Gary
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks Gary,
I have a two way level on top of the camera. I check the level before each station.
I don't know why is turned out this way.

maybe because it's more than 200 scans. I guess I'll need to ask MP guys.
Post 5 IP   flag post
If you want to past the link to the SC here I'll have a look and maybe can figure out what went wrong. When you start getting above 200 scans it can sometimes be an issues with the iPad. What version of iPad are you using?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm using iPad Air 2
Post 8 IP   flag post
Actually you did a great job, one would expect that the columns would be slightly distorted as of the height of them. The bright spot light is something you all ways need to be aware of but now that you've discovered this when you do your walk through of your next site you can tell them that the spot light must be turned off.

The one thing to remember is that this is cutting edge tech and no one has ever seen a VT of this cathedral before so they'll be wow'ed by what you have produced for them so not to worry. You did a fantastic job and I'm sure they will all be amazed at the tour.

BTW, you should not have any issues with the iPad Air 2, great choice
Post 9 IP   flag post
josephthomp private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with Gary, in my opinion this turned out great. Awesome space.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
Seattle
kjoman private msg quote post Address this user
This is stunning! Great job! I don't think you have much, if anything, to be concerned about. As mentioned, now you know about the spot light. And thank you for that reminder, Gary.
Post 11 IP   flag post
mikeE private msg quote post Address this user
Great work!
Post 12 IP   flag post
als528 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice Job !!!!!! It would be interesting to see the results of shooting under low light conditions for a dramatic effect.
I understand that was not your desired goal.Just a thought.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I email MP. they said it can't be changed.

There are two issues here. first one is the tilt of the camera.
I am always using two perpendicular levels to adjust the camera. I'm sure it's not my fault.

So, I had to thoroughly assess the model. it's not just one scan point, it's all over the place. and the tilt goes toward the center from both sides.

as if, the ground is not flat. it's a curve with the bottom in the middle of the model. like we are in a massive circle.

the lighting issue is discussed as well. no solution yet.
Post 14 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Great work!
Post 15 IP   flag post
101421 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?