Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistaGPSProblems

GPS controlled location data in 3DVista pano tour?14662

tuxdidge private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everybody,
I work with 3Dvista (happy with that)

Did a sightseeing project I wonder if there a possibility to embed the GPS coordinate for every pano and when the user use it on its mobile / tablet he can automatically open the pano where he is located (or next to him)?

Does anybody know how to make it with 3DVista or on the HTML / JavaScript stage?

thanks for hints

Peter
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I cannot say for 3DVista but in pano2VR once you place all panos on google maps and submit it to Google you can then download them back with all location data applied to every pano.

I am not sure though if this data applied is at a time you place them in Pano2VR on Google Maps or when they are published and downloaded back from Google Maps. However every indoor pano from any tour I have ever published on Google Maps that should not have location data have it in exif data when I check for it in Pano2VR project for each tour.

Another way, there are some online services that will let you geotag any photo. Here is one for example
https://www.geotagonline.com/

Also there should be apps for smartphone and I believe even windows apps for it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
thanks
but I don't want to re-download it from google

Example:
The user is in a city and near to a church.
Then he open the city pano and clicks "where am I" and he will showed the church pano.
that's it - so simple but so difficult for me ;-)
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Then I guess you can just geo tag each pano using any of apps and online tools that are quite simple to use.

or if you have a 3Dvista license see if placing a pano on a map and setting up its heading adds all these data to a file with a pano.

I am quite sure that what happens in pano2VR and you do not need to publish to Goole Maps & download back just to get this data added to panoramas.

I have a couple of hires panos captured with a Canon that have no location data & I can check how it works in Pano2VR if that helps you considering you are asking about 3DVista.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Just tested it in Pano2VR. Unfortunately it does not apply any GPS data if you just place a pano on Google Maps. It gets this data after you do it and it becomes available inside pano2VR for each panorama details("User Data" menu in Pano2VR) but it does not write it in the actual panorama EXIF data.

That's why I thought initially that you could only get it written there by publishing to Maps first and downloading it from there.

So unless 3DVista does it the same way photo geotagging app/tools is the only simple way to do it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ok thanks - I guess there is no solution currently
I try to ask 3DVista for such feature or order a software company to make an app.
But if anybody see another way pls let me know!
Post 6 IP   flag post
BTW: 3DVista answered:

Yes, it´s on our To-do list for 2021

GREAT!!!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
101641 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?