Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 676 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,250 Page Views | 18,448 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MSPsPricingScanning

MSP offer for 9,000 sf14614

WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
I had a very rare offer come in from MSP this week. It was for a 9,000 Sq/Ft machine shop. Their budget was $325. We would upload it to their account.

I declined the offer stating that the price was too low for that amount of space.

The client responded I believe sarcastically, asking me what would be a fair price considering I don't have to edit or pay for upload.

The honest answer is I would need to know exactly what the scanning involved. Would it be straight lines or do we have to work around machinery?

I told her (nicely) I've been paid more to do 2,000 Sq/Ft and not pay upload fees. Am I crazy or does sound like a low-ball offer for that amount of space?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy Does anyone know h
ow much will capture services from Matterport will offer for this job?
And is there a standard that which showcase is good or bad?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy You're going to get a lot of different answers to that question. It is definitely low ball...maybe. All depends on your location, competition, and personal needs. In some areas around the country, I would guess, that might be a fair price. Most MSPs are independent and may need the work bad enough that they'll take anything at any price...especially coming out of this pandemic.

If I got this call in the middle of winter and it was close to me, I might even take it. I would explain to the client that I can only afford to do it for that price because of it being off season and I have a few openings to fill. I would also tell them my normal price for future consideration. Whatever you do, just make sure it works for you.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Portland, Oregon
HelloPado private msg quote post Address this user
There are 2 ways to look at it....
1. That's $0.36/sf YIKES, that sucks
2. That's $81.25/hr for 4hrs of work. That's not bad at all

Ask for $400 and make $100/hr
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
My two cents. I'd take the job, because it's an easy $325 no matter what. And as a Matterport professional, my job is to capture the entire space, and to reveal those nook and crannies not available to the naked eye, that make it a wow experience. No additional charge.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
When I first saw this post, I thought skip it. Then gave it some thought of you’re not covering hosting costs for this. Chances are you shoot off hours when $325 probably isn’t coming down your pipeline. You should be able to show it on your portfolio if it’s a public link. Residential real estate is slowing and tag yourself to some commercial work. Given what’s on your website, I suggest you shoot a few more locations to allow better navigation and possible black spots in the dollhouse.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
I was told I would get various responses and I did. Thank you all for your input. Luckily for me, real estate is red hot and I'm busy most days. My final thought on it is that there has often been talk on this site of the race to the bottom with prices. I charge the price they offered for a house. I personally believe a 9,000 Sq/Ft business should pay more for that size and I don't want to "train" customers to think that lowballing is the answer. I'm sure they will find someone that will be more than happy to do it for the price offered. There is always somebody out there willing to do anything for a lower price. They may or may not be happy with their choice.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I agree it seems to be very low without knowing what machinery and what environment you are going to scan in. Plus machinery is a board term. It can be something low profile that you can scan around from a ground level or something very big and tall that you will need to climb on to scan it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMP
@fotoguy Does anyone know h
ow much will capture services from Matterport will offer for this job?
And is there a standard that which showcase is good or bad?

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/11317/page/1/matterport-recruiting-pro-service-providers-to-compete-against-indepen/

It seems Matterport will pay $360 to a Matterport Service technician to scan 9000 sq ft.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman Thank you for the information.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101438 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?