Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor PlansReal EstateZillow Floor Plans

Zillow pauses 3D Floorplans14613

tmroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Just received this from Zillow.

Hello,

As a valued real estate or photography professional who has created a Zillow 3D Home interactive floor plan, we are writing to update you on processing time. A few weeks ago, as communicated via email, floor plans' demand has outpaced our capacity in recent weeks. Product popularity and adoption have continued to increase, and as a result, processing times are now delayed upwards of two weeks.

To address the overwhelming demand and ensure we deliver an experience that meets you and your client's needs in the future, starting Sunday, April 11, new interactive floor plan submissions will temporarily not be accepted.

Our team is working quickly to resolve the backlog and implement a plan to return services to the 2-3 business day standard as soon as possible. We will continue to be transparent and provide you updates.

We will process interactive floor plans submitted before April 11 in the order received and send a confirmation email when generation is completed. Turnaround may take upwards of two weeks.

In the meantime, the interactive floor plan feature in the Zillow 3D Home app is accessible but should be used for testing and training purposes only.

Please note, these delays do not impact 3D Home virtual tour creation whatsoever. Tours will continue to publish within 24 hours of submission.

Thank you for your patience and support of Zillow 3D Home products and services. For more information or questions, please contact floorplan@zillowgroup.com.

Best regards,

Zillow Rich Media Experiences Team
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@tmroberts

Thanks for being first to share that news!

How does this affect your workflow? Biz?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
tmroberts private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod honestly I am glad they've paused the product as it was taking between 2 and 3 weeks for me to get the floor plan. Agents were not happy. There are many options for floor plans though not at the at same rate as Zillow (FREE). It's been stated by not only Zillow but many others as well buyers expect to see the product included with pictures and virtual tours. It won't affect my biz though the workflow potentially will change to include another vendors floor plans. I've said before I really really wanted a reason to "need" the Planix product so perhaps this is it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Yes...this has been embarrassing to say the least. I have multiple clients that I sold this product to and it's just been a major disappointment. Hopefully they hire some people and get this figured out. Great idea and great alternative to obtain floorplans.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Same here - just spoke to a contact at Zillow. He said that they could not possibly continue to accept new floor plans with the current backlog. They have approx 40 floor plan creators in their network, and plans are to add 100 more.

I've always mentioned to clients that they are paying for the 3D Home and that the floor plan was in beta testing, so while embarrassing, it hasn't been the end of the world. I'm one of the few area photographers that offers floor plans to begin with.

Bottom line - it's a great product with obviously great value. Hopefully, they will be able to get their act together and return things to normal.

Keith
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@tmroberts
@pixelray
@Chemistrydoc

Thanks for the backstory on Zillow Floor Plans ...

The following may be helpful to you:

We Get Around Network MarketPlace | Floor Plans

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Thankfully the customers that we serve and deliver Zillow 3D home product to don't really care about the floor plans yet 😁

I don't understand how Zillow is offering this product without charging for it. When something like this is free and they can't keep up with the demand that's when they need to start charging :-)
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@metroplex

Yes, I actually got lucky when they approved letting me do the floor plans, because my market doesn’t generally have access to them.

They started out being simply pictorial 2D plans then morphed into interactive 2D plans. Like you said, one has to wonder how they are monetizing this data!

Keith
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by @lilnitsch
I reached out to my Zillow contacts and currently Zillow 3D Home interactive floor plans are currently only available in Denver/Boulder.

Other markets will be coming on later

@lilnitsch

Wow! That seems weird since the video did not have a disclaimer about availability ... Hmmm.

Dan

@lilnitsch

Thanks for sharing. I could imagine:

1. Zillow will (eventually) charge for floor plans (sooner than later)
2. Photographers that offered Zillow Floor Plan for free (will be upset because they should have charged)

Dan

Hi All,

Above is from the WGAN Forum discussion:

Video: Zillow 3D Home Marketing Video Acknowledges Real Estate Photographer

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
101421 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?