Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Fmodjr1913 private msg quote post Address this user
CANON 5dsr shutter repair

My shutter just bit the dust. I'm trying to decide my next move. I need this exact model to meet the requirements of some regular contract work. Otherwise, the easy decision would be to replace the camera with a newer model. I may buy a new camera (same model) but want to make sure I explore some options first

I was just quoted $600 to replace shutter by my local camera shop. That seems high though Canon is probably comparable. Does anyone know of any outlets that may be able to fix for less?

Saw some threads on here for matterport but none for DSLR repairs.

Thanks!!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I do not know if it is an option but you can probably get a near new 5DSR for 2-2.5 times more.

That's how I got my Canon 5DS. I have bought it on ebay as a grey import and paid only $1600 AUD for it. That was about $1200 USD back then. It came from HK in a open retail box but everything else was looking brand new. To buy the same camera locally I would have to pay two times more for it.

I also have got one client just because I offer 50MP pictures. That job came from an engineer who needed a dilapidation report of an apartment building before a new apartment development starts next to it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101429 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?