Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceTipsVirtual Reality

Asked to be a guest speaker for landlords? Advice14562

coulee360 private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone been asked to be a guest speaker at an apartment association meeting?

I was emailed today to see if I would be interested. I'd be all for it except not sure I would want to because the topic would be tips/tricks for virtual tours with a cell phone and other photography tips I'd have.

I do offer Matterport to agents and last year was hired by one apartment company in my area to do tours of a handful of their units.

I want to contact the person back and say I would love to be a guest speaker as it would be exposure to another market in my area but not really wanting to give out tips/tricks for them to do it themselves as it would make more sense obviously in our profession to have them hire us to do it.

Just curious if others have turned down invites like this or did do it and what you did to help persuade as a guest speaker to get the landlords to hire you instead of doing it themselves.

Thanks in advance for any feedback and/or advice.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Axis360Media private msg quote post Address this user
I keep a constantly changing gallery of spectacularly messed up scans to show what the “anybody can do it and make $100,000 a year with a touch of a button scans” actually look like. Plus I keep my favorite quotes from desperate people, posting to Facebook 20 minutes before a deadline.

Contrast that BS to YOUR portfolio and remind people that there are some jobs better left to the pros.
Post 2 IP   flag post
coulee360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Axis360Media Last year I did do a home with my Matterport camera and then did a "quick" one using my Insta360 OneX so that I can show clients the difference in quality as last year several people popped up in my area using either a Ricoh or Insta.
Maybe could show that as the difference of a cheaper diy tour through matterport using a cheaper camera vs hiring someone that knows what they are doing with the expertise and using a $3-4k camera instead. Plus mentioning the ability to do schematic floor plans at a more accurate measurement.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Axis360Media private msg quote post Address this user
@coulee360 I forgot one thing and thanks for reminding me. I also have the same house scanned TWICE BY ME. So I show some humility by saying “it took me a couple dozen scans to get my technical skills down pat and here’s how I improved. In simplest terms most new users make dumb mistakes they could have easily avoided by reading a few posts in any of the user groups.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
If I were presenting to landlords I'd focus on the Virtual Tour being not only a way to market it for rent, but the best way to document the shape of the building/unit prior to the tenancy.

I had a personal experience myself where a tenant caused a bunch of damages. With the Matterport tour from before the tenancy started I was able to zoom in and take snapshots of the "BEFORE" and contrast those with the AFTER.

The new accounts allow archiving, so I can foresee a business case where you charge for a scan to have it active when they are looking for tenants and then when its rented you can archive it, and if they ever need it again they pay to make it active again.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101425 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?