Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CompetitionMatterportPricingREALTOR

Matterport Pricing to Agents - it's craziness for sure!14555

tmroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Let me preface this diatribe with I am NOT a real estate photographer as such. I'm a real estate broker who simply wanted to bring virtual tours, still images and video services in house vs outsource.

Over the past year a few other agents have asked us to shoot their digital assets which we did at a fair price with a quality deliverable.

I get a call from an agent today that advised me he's now using another vendor for Matterport tours since they are charging $81.00 for up to 4,000 sq ft. EIGHTY ONE DOLLARS!!

That's not even a decent dinner for 2!

What gives? I can't even shoot a personal listing for $81.00! Anyone else experiencing a similar situation?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@tmroberts

Have you considered engaging the Pro to shoot your house so that you can either:

✓ decide to outsource your work to the other MSP?
✓ know how your work compares?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @tmroberts,
Cheer up, its not sustainable.
Here in Ireland when Google Virtual Tours were a big thing about seven years ago, some numbskull was using Google Ad Words to promote €79 retail premises tours.
No sign of them for some time now.
The only down side is that those who jumped ship are unlikely to return to you, they generally go elsewhere.
Oliver
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Perhaps the scan itself is done at low-cost in order to then having monthly hosting fees that are pricier?

I find most MSP's include 6 month or 1 year hosting.

It might be smart to charge less up front and include no free hosting and instead charge $25/month (or more) hosting fees. Not saying that's what's happening here, but perhaps it works as a business model.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@tmroberts

Since you are looking to offer an "In-House" solution consider charging a higher rate with a cary for agents since agents are typically Cash Poor when they take the listing & take the money out at the closing table.

Just a thought. I had done this with a larger brokerage (800 agents) before they had a leadership change. This program had worked well until the leadership change. The new leadership didn't like the thought of carrying these marketing resources and killed the program though I still shoot for several of the agents that saw the value.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Melbourne, Florida
Tristate3DNick private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch thank you for sharing your experience; that is a model I have considered using as well. When you say "carry," did the brokerage pay you up front and then got reimbursed by the agent at closing? I have 30 agents I work with at one brokerage in town and would love to propose something like that to the leadership.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Tristate3DNick

Correct. Agents really liked this program and even didn't mind paying a bit more since they were receiving this line of credit

Brokerage typically paid me out with their typical payroll cycles so a 5th and the 20th type deal
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
When I has the "In-house" guy I still would hit the sales meetings to be ever-present and top of mind for the agents
Post 8 IP   flag post
101636 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?