Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,050 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCapture AppFloor PlansiGuidePro2Ricoh Theta Z1Versus

Switching from Matterport to Iguide?14534

Rockwall, Texas
Dcook001 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello:

I've been using Matterport for several years in the Insurance Restoration Industry. I think I'm going to switch to iGUIDE unless someone can tell me why it's not a good idea. Assuming the quality is the same or better, you can get accurate floor plans, etc. why wouldn't we all change if it will reduce our scan times. I assume I'm missing something but would like to hear other opinions. Thank you for your input.
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I think iGuide has still some work to do to. Improve the transitions between panos. They need to implement something like the click and go mode in 3Dvista to make it more fun to use. Currently the player is only second best.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Rockwall, Texas
Just curious, how long does it take to shoot your pics for 3D Vista on a 3000 s.f. home? Also, can you get an accurate floor plan from your pics as I need one for the insurance restoration business?
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Dcook001 for me it would depend on whether you have a Matterport classic plan or current new hosting plan. I also like 3Dvista but the issue I have with them is the hosting. If you have the new Matterport hosting plan I might also seriously look for a new system. But as I have looked at different systems my concern with Iguide has the hosting only 1 year, as I did research for hosting platforms for 3D tour are not as cheap as I though. That would be the only concern, but they would probably be my first goto, and still weighing what to get as a backup to MP if I loose my classic plan. Close head to head for me with 3dVista and Iguide. Just my thoughts
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I think there is more to what plan you have with Matterport. I believe it is not even so important factor without considering other factors.

I am pretty sure that those who scan a lot should be more happy with new plans than those who may not even do more than one scan per week.
Old plans are good for non frequent scanning but they will rip you off on big volume scanning. We seem to forget that a classic $49 plan gives you only free 3 tours under 100 scans included in the subscription. Once you over the limit each tour will cost $19 fee and tours with more than 100 scans will always cost $38(even if you have some amount left for processing).

So before you go with anyone you'll need to estimate your volume. That's what most important. If you do one scan per week and it is under a floor size limit for $29 IGuide fee for processing Matterport still gives you a better value. Four weeks, four scans with iGuide will cost you $116 while you can get that done having a $69 plan with Matterport.
And this is only assuming that all tours with IGuide will fit into $29 fee floor size limit. If places are big you may as well pay $300 and even more for four tours to IGuide while Matterport will still be $69.
Free floor plans and one year of hosting with IGuide is cool but not all real estate agents will ask you for a floor plan and a business that wants a google and website tour most likely does not need a floor plan at all.

As for scanning faster, it is a good and bad thing. Bad because you won't be able to charge as much for IGuide as you can for Matterport. Your customers will see you're spending very little time at a client's site and most of them will runt about it thinking you are overcharging them a lot. To avoid it you will have to charge less for tours created with IGuide. However there will be still travel time to a client's site and back so you will be earning much less per hour.

Good thing you can do more tours with iGuide because it takes less time but again travel time won't let you use all saved on Matterport time to earn the same money per day as you can do with Matterport.

And the last thing.. we are comparing 132MP panos created with a Matterport Pro2 vs 23MP created with a Z1 in IGuide. That's a huge downgrade, you won't have that big zoom in IGuide tours than you have with Matterport ones.

As for 3DVista or Pano2VR I believe you need a good measurement tool and some precision considering an industry you want to create tours for. Both of them can provide none of that.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Rockwall, Texas
Wingman, you make some excellent points which is why I posed the question. Thank you & all others who responded for taking the time to give your input, I do appreciate it!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV | Introduction to iGuide: a Deep-Dive Demo and Discussion (and iGuide versus Matterport) with Planitar (iGuide) Vice President of Sales & Marketing Michael Vervena and Planitar Marketing Manager Chris White (@Chris_iGuide) | Wednesday, 4 November 2020

@ron0987

About your comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ron0987
my concern with Iguide has the hosting only 1 year, as I did research for hosting platforms for 3D tour are not as cheap as I though. That would be the only concern, but they would probably be my first goto, and still weighing what to get as a backup to MP if I loose my classic plan. Close head to head for me with 3dVista and Iguide. Just my thoughts

While officially, iGUIDE includes 12 months hosting with each tour; they have not charged for additional hosting since iGUIDE started in 2013: eight years ago.

Additionally, you can self-host an iGUIDE tour!

Here's what Planitar (iGuide) Vice President of Sales & Marketing Michael Vervena said about iGUIDE hosting charges in my WGAN-TV Live at 5 interview (above) on 4 November 2021:

---

- On the actual iGUIDE, the iGUIDE that the fee that I pay for the iGUIDE, how long is the hosting for?

- So we host it, we say the first year of hosting is free. But up to this point, we don't charge for hosting. After that, the iGUIDE will lock automatically after a year, but you can go into the portal, reopen them or control them from that standpoint. It also give you a downloadable version of it as well that you can host it yourself if you like.

- Okay, so iGUIDE started in 2013. So in seven years, you've always promised that the iGUIDE includes one year of hosting. But in that time you've never actually charged for the additional hosting.

- No.

- Okay, so pay per tour, cool. So that's different than Matterport, got to have a subscription. I think I heard that I can host the tour myself.

- So we give you a downloadable iGUIDE that's in HTML format that you would open up in a browser on your computer, or however you set it up.
Is that correct, Chris? I think you should correct me.

- No, you got it, it's HTML. So you can choose to put it on your server if you wish to.

Almost nobody does though, because our hosting is usually significantly faster than the consumer grade sort of solution. So since we've already hosted it, in real estate terms, there are very few properties that go over a year.

- If I wanted it for some reason, or my client wanted it for some reason, like Matterport, which I must host it with Matterport with iGUIDE I could choose to host it myself or to give it to my client to host it themselves.

- Yeah.

- Doesn't require a server call up to the iGUIDE cloud of some sort.

- No, it's going to be a snapshot in time and place. So you will be able to make changes to it, but you'll get a download and you can use it for as long as you like.

---

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Rockwall, Texas
Hello Dan, I wonder if you have an opinion on the subject knowing you do Matterport scans?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Dcook001

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Dcook001
Hello Dan, I wonder if you have an opinion on the subject knowing you do Matterport scans?

Thanks for asking ...

About:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Dcook001
Hello:

I've been using Matterport for several years in the Insurance Restoration Industry. I think I'm going to switch to iGUIDE unless someone can tell me why it's not a good idea. Assuming the quality is the same or better, you can get accurate floor plans, etc. why wouldn't we all change if it will reduce our scan times. I assume I'm missing something but would like to hear other opinions. Thank you for your input.

To help answer your question, if would be helpful to know more about your needs - what problems/challenges that you need help solving and about your business.

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: WGAN-TV 3 Introduction to iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit (and Demo) with Planitar (iGUIDE) Marketing Manager Chris White (@Chris_iGuide) | Thursday, 18 March 2021

Screen Grab from iGUIDE PLANIX Pricing Page

@Dcook001

In the mean time:

iGUIDE PLANIX is the 3D Camera Kit Matterport Wished It Created (in Many Ways)
✓ All WGAN Forum discussions tagged: iGUIDE | iGUIDE PLANIX

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
101628 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?