Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
IndustryPricingPro2Real Estate

Anyone else experiencing Real Estate slow down?14496

Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
There are currently more realtors here in Texas than there are properties. My photography and 3D request have slowed to a crawl.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Axis360Media private msg quote post Address this user
Multiple sources are predicting an epic real estate crash rivaling 2008. It’s different this time due to commercial real estate being affected because of COVID, so hypothetically it will be worse. Time will tell but if Chicago is a predictor I believe the signs are already crystal clear.
Post 2 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
My wife is a Realtor and we are both seeing the massive slow down.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
@DouglasMeyers Are you or your wife seeing housing inventory increase? You are in North Carolina right?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
@Axis360Media Do you live in Chicago?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Axis360Media private msg quote post Address this user
@matt19 Yes I live in Chicago
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Things are little bit off. I saw an ad for a company offering Matterport tours at $50. I had zero desire to click explore the competition. Great time to catch up on my taxes and Part 107 renewal rather than competing with the $50 offer.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@VTLV EEK! I had a guy selling a 3 million dollar home tell me I was too expensive. 275 for tour and 30 pictures, He said if I could come down to 100 he would consider using me.

He must have been getting screwed on his commission lol.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @VTLV
Things are little bit off. I saw an ad for a company offering Matterport tours at $50. I had zero desire to click explore the competition. Great time to catch up on my taxes and Part 107 renewal rather than competing with the $50 offer.

Outsource your Matterport tours at that price?

Do once (your home) and see what you get?

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
@Shawn_P I leave these "clients" to the cheap providers... they have no vision. It's always the same type that drive expensive cars, but find your prices too expensive.
Plus if you try to match the lower prices, you will only attract lower type of clients - And those clients will change providers in a heartbeat if they find someone cheaper.

I don't waste time with cheap realtors anymore. I rather stay home and do nothing, than waste my time earning $100. My cheapest rate for HDR starts at $200 (for less than 1000sq ft). My starting rate for Matterport is $350.

If you provide quality product and service, you must believe in yourself and charge more. It will take time, but you will attract better clients that way.

Cheers and good luck if a slow period is really coming!
Matt
Post 10 IP   flag post
@ArchimedStudio Thanks Matt. Yeah, I've washed my hands the cheapskates and they are a dime a dozen. It took me about a week to catch on. Have never looked back.

Here's to a better 2021
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Where I live, the inventory is really really low, and the cheapskates are shooting with iPhone and calling it a day.

I have empirical evidence that the quality photos, Zillow Tours / Floor Plans, Matterport, may not accelerate the sales process (if that were even possible), it is bringing in out of area buyers who are creating bidding war situations, leading to very desirable price / term outcomes.

As an example, two weeks ago, I shot a home that - preCovid- would have sold for about $360 - $390 K. It was under contract in 48 hours at 10% over list - which was $449k, with a 30 day cash close. I believe that HDR photos / videos / tours etc are helping to create these situations.

It won't last.
Post 12 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
South Florida is booming, but the issue we have here is lack of inventory. Many agents sell homes before they can even get them listed in the MLS or get any imaging done. (We had a house sell while we were on property doing a capture.) We simply redirected our services to focus on the new home buyer, offering Matterport for insurance documentation and interior design services. Even with the low number of listing shoots, we've pretty much maintained our job numbers over the past few months.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101421 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?