Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DesignKimpMy Baby is Ugly

My Baby is Ugly! (My wife says so too!)14486

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Kimp Graphic Design Agency Trello Board for We Get Around Network.

Kimp Mascot: Kimp will help me go bananas with our ugly baby make-over.

Hi All,

My baby is ugly! My wife says so too!

Plus, friends, family, colleagues and Members of the WGAN Community have told me so too!

Nearly seven years ago - 19 August 2014 - when I gave birth to the We Get Around Network Forum, it was really ugly.

As you may know, I've always been about helpful, useful content before design.

I have known for years that my baby is ugly. ( Because everyone keeps reminding me: )

It's just that I had too many ways we could launch/improve the following (even before thinking about design):

WGAN Forum
WGAN-TV
WGAN-TV Training U
WGAN-TV Podcast

For some of you, the waiting is (almost) over.

Today (22 March 2021), I engaged Kimp design agency to begin the makeover. Yes! Tall order. But, hang in there!

Plus, for those interested in engaging a design agency, I will write about my experience with Kimp design agency in this WGAN Forum discussion.

One of the things that I like about Kimp is that I can manage design projects via a Trello board rather than email (which is an option), it's a super-easy way for a team to collaborate (whether or not they work for the same company.) I Trello.

Here are the first three projects that I have asked Kimp to do:

1. 20210322-1 Web Banner
2. 20210322-1 Web Banner
3. 20210322-1 Web Banner

That gives you a taste of what I provide to Kimp.

As the work comes back, I will post the results in this WGAN Forum discussion to see what you think.

This way, you'll get to watch the transformation.

And, hopefully, by the time we celebrate the We Get Around Network Forum 8th anniversary on 19 August 2021, the transformation will be well underway to no longer calling my baby ugly!

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah!!!!! Congrats. A new baby soon to arrive.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Ghagendorf
Yeah!!!!! Congrats. A new baby soon to arrive.

@Ghagendorf

Since you have been a WGAN Member since 2017, you can appreciate the ugly baby!

Hi All,

I am working on a We Get Around Network Creative Brief for the Kimp creative team. This will help guide them with design decisions.

I plan to give them a list of words that describes the We Get Around Network Forum. Here's what I got so far:

1. In-depth
2. Relevant
3. Up-to-date
4. Answers
5. Community
6. Trustworthy
7. Helpful
8. Fast
9. Supportive
10. Insightful
11. Help make money
12. Training
13. Service Providers

Any to add?

Thanks!

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Kimp Design 1 | WGAN Creative Direction 20210322-1 Web Banner

Kimp Design 2 | WGAN Creative Direction 20210322-2 Web Banner

Hi All,

Here are the first drafts (above) of the first two banner ads. (Since I have a Kimp 7-day free trial, there is a watermark in the design that may make it heard to read.)

(We'll work on the We Get Around Network Masthead after the Kimp 7-day free trial. In the meantime, I thought it might be nice to "clean up" the two marquee ads at the top of the WGAN Forum. You can see the "Before" at the top of the WGAN Forum.)

Your thoughts on Design 1 (Virtual Tour Pro Course) and/or Design 2 Real Estate Photographer Pro Course?

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab: Kimp Trello Board for WGAN as of 10:30 am EDT Wednesday, 24 March 2021

Hi All,

Using the time-shifting video creating/sharing tool, Loom, here are the revisions that I gave the Kimp creative team (for the 1st drafts above):

Kimp Design 1 | WGAN Creative Direction 20210322-1 Web Banner - Real Estate Photographer Pro (Video Direction)
Kimp Design 2 | WGAN Creative Direction 20210322-2 Web Banner - Virtual Tour Pro (Video Direction)

I anticipate receiving the next round of changes this afternoon (Wednesday, 24 March 2021), according to the Kimp Trello Board for WGAN (screen grab above).

Best,

Dan

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab: Kimp Design | WGAN Creative Direction 20210322-3 Web Banner - Momenzo (Video Direction)

Hi All,

I did receive back the two (above) and have already given another round of changes.

Plus, I received the Momenzo Web Banner (above) and just gave my revision requests in "Video Direction" in the following link

Kimp Design 2 | WGAN Creative Direction 20210322-3 Web Banner - Momenzo (Video Direction)

(Since I have a Kimp 7-day free trial, there is a watermark in the design that may make it heard to read.)

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?