Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Nodal NinjaThreeSixty ToursTruck

Online hosting for a tour with 100-160mp panoramas14473

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys,

I have a client with two trucks models who wants to show a cabin tour for each truck with a maximum of 3x 360 photos per each truck. So it is basically a view from a driver seat, a view from a passenger seat and a view of sleeping space at the back

I wanted to offer them the whole tour around each truck with views inside a cabin with Matterport but they are insisting on having only "inside cabin" tour.
I have given them a link to a Matterport tour of a custom painted Scania truck and they are not happy with resolution and want more for viewers to be able to zoom to see details.

So basically the only option left is to do it with my Canon 5ds. With Canon 8-15mm lens I can make almost 170mp pano with just one row 6 shots.

Now I have two options for actual tours:

1)build them in Pano2VR and give to them as a self hosted tour

or

2) use online tour websites and tell them that they will need to open an account with one of them.

I have quite a good example from threesisty.tours of some hotel and even though it is technically just a flat normal photo of the hotel facade at its start with Matterport tours linked to relevant room inside it it is very well presented I am sure my customer will like the look of it. I can see how I can just use a picture of a truck from the front and do linking to hotspots inside its cabin.

Now the good question: can threesisty.tours handle big panoramas?

They have a limit of 15MP for a file size of a 360 photo but I think by reducing a resolution to 130MP or playing with a jpeg quality I can see that I can fit into that limit. To be honest even 90 quality makes a 360 photo about 12MP top for a 360 photo being about 167MP.

I can see it is quite easy to do tours with threesisty.tours so I am asking only $100 for building 2 tours there on top of a much bigger charge to capture all 6 x 360 photos manually and stitch them in PTGUI.
Pano2VR is another option but it will take me longer to build so it is a few $100 more for my customer for making tours with it.

P.S. I have finally bought a PTGui Pro license. It was on my list for years.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman We have a solution of 16k x 8k panorama tours. It is 134mp panorama.
PM me for detail if you want to try.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
If you mean your download service from you know who it is not going to help me. Since doing a tour around trucks is not an option I do not see any reason to use Matterport just for three shoots inside a cabin. It is a bulky camera and may produce more stitching errors with object being closeby. At least with manual capture I have control over stitching and delivering the best resolution possible.

I could go even over 200MP that way since Canon 5DS has a 50mp sensor. I am just thinking that 200MP panoramas will take a lot of time to load so I am reducing it to 120-160MP in resolution.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman which panorama platform can handle 16k x 8k resolution now by your study? Please advice.
Our solution is working for 16k x 8k input, not only from Matterport.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101428 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?