Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVLabpanoPilot One EEQuestionsStreets App

Why do I see a GSV Blue Line in Streets App but not Google Maps?14457

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: Needmore Rd Suspension Bridge (capacity 4 people) in the Nantahala National Forest, Bryson City, NC

Hi All,

Why do I see this Google Street View Blue Line in the Streets App but not in Google Maps?

(This is the Needmore Rd Suspension Bridge (capacity 4 people) in the Nantahala National Forest, Bryson City, NC)

(I shot this Google Street View "Blue Line" on Wednesday, 10 March 2021 with a Labpano Pilot One EE 360 camera.)

Dan

P.S. Labpano loaned me the Pilot One EE to take for a spin ...

Labpano Pilot One EE (Adorama Store)
Labpano Pilot One EE (Labpano Store)
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Because in its default state Google Maps are loading in a plain map mode. There are Android/apple apps that can load google maps in street view mode where it shows all blue lines and even 360 photo spots. Another way to see blue lines is to grab that yellow pegman figure located at the bottom right corner on maps.google.com

If you grab it(right click with a mouse and hold it) and bring it over the map it will switch to blue lines mode. if you drop it(release a mouse button) on any blue line or on any circle representing somebody's 360 it will show a 360 view and also shows a map with blue lines in a small window. This map window can be expanded so you can have half of the screen with a 360 view and another help with the map with all blue lines shown.

This all though works on windows pc and laptops only and I don't even think you will be shown a pegman even on Android tablet/phone. For some reason goggle kind of restricting maps functionality on Android. The same will happen to IOS(iphone/Ipad) even with native Google Maps app installed. However as I mentioned there are apps that can show street view and all blue lines. I think the one for Apple is called StreetViewMap without spaces between each word.

You can also see your own blue lines in Street View app by Google that is used to capture 360 tours and submitting them to Google. If you want to see yours go to Profile, select those that have been processed and live and it will open a map exactly where it has been captured and it will draw a blue line for the whole length it covers.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Sorry I have probably written much more than needed to answer your question and still have not answered it :-)

I can see it on maps.google.com Here is a link to the line https://goo.gl/maps/1RdCDt1m5FJi8Wbi9 and a screenshot with the blue line shown is below

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
BTW, there are a lot of roads around that bridge that are missing blue lines. So if you can mount a Pilot One on your car, use a bike or walk along them(make sure it is safe to do) you can actually capture and submit all of them.

And do not forget about your nadir logo to cover yourself. Pilot cameras have this functionality and you can apply your logo in camera settings.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
Another way to see blue lines is to grab that yellow pegman figure located at the bottom right corner on maps.google.com

Ah! Yes! That worked! Much thanks on all the backstory. I found that very help/interesting.

I went ahead and published one of my new GSV "Blue-Lines" here: ( once you reminded me about Pegman )

About my Labpano Pilot One EE Google Street View Meets NC Waterfalls

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101646 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?