Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Metareal StagePTGui

Help with shooting and editing Panos in PTGui please14397

jlames private msg quote post Address this user
I just shot, stitched and uploaded a series of PTGui panos to Metareal Stage and they were rejected stating , "BAD IMAGE RATIO: 3.01:1 SHOULD BE 2:1"

I found an answer that spoke of PTgui settings but could find them nowhere except for one that turned my images into a spherical equi 180X360 but left huge checkered gaps above and below my panoramas.

Is there a preferred in-camera aspect ratio for these panos that will result in 180x360 or am I once again missing something?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Rectilinear panos must be precisely 2:1 2000x1000, 6000x3000, 1234x617. Any precisely 2:1 pixel ratio. Beyond that, it's impossible to advise you without seeing one of your images. Happy to help if you want to send me one, along with your cell number. I'll inspect and then we can connect. kevin@home3d.us
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you so much. Took a bit of "figgerin" as my dad used to say but I got it figured! Now I'm working on the lighting issue. Maybe you can help there, too. Yet another question for the group. How does one go about maintain a specific brightness level (I know there's another word for it like luminescence or luminence or something but I don't exactly know) if I was shooting a panorama in a white kitchen for example? Spot metering tells me, for example, that the level I see that I want at fixed ISO and aperture is 1/40th. Now I turn 60* and the light obviously changes but I want to match what I saw just in my previous shot because I have pieces of the previous shot in my second shot. I can adjust the shutter speed o9f course but how much. Is there a way of qualifying what I saw in the last shot and duplicating it in the second or do I* simply have to remember and use the TILAR-method as in, "That Looks About Right"? My father used to use a light meter and I can see how that might have something to do with but I have no idea how or what. And yes, I know; the new granite tops come in hopefully this week. Just got finished with the cabinets! We're remodeling everything. And I also know to get my big, fat self out of the picture with a fisheye!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Ah. My cell is 661-965-6305. And if anyone else out the with other-than-helpful intentions on my cell number wants to use this opportunity to click-call me, go ahead and call; I've done battle with the best of the junk-callers. I'm a veteran of those wars!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry @jlames , I'm swamped right now. However, when shooting panos, you should begin by deciding the best AVERAGE exposure for all directions and then shoot all images at that exposure. Or if you are bracketing, use the same set of brackets for all angles. This is critically important for good panos.

We can talk later, I hope. I'll keep your number handy. Hey, you're in 661 area, that's northern LA county which is where I am also. Okay, let's talk later.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101636 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?