Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360LightingQuestions

Why do 360 cameras provide a light source for low lighting.14394

Swinc20022002 private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I don't understand with all the quality 360 cameras out there no one provides built in light source for low lighting built into the cameras so people don't have to invent something that is Hodge podge set up. I know very little about cameras and what they can do, but it makes little sense to me.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@Swinc20022002

Bushman has a spendy option ~ I rarely have ran into any instance when shooting properties when I have needed light this badly

Post 2 IP   flag post
Again, why do they not build them into the cameras for ease of use. When doing a fire job as an adjuster
this would be helpful because these home have no power and poor lighting. Not everyone has perfect lighting situations.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I appreciate your responses, i have a lot to learn.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Swinc20022002

Honestly if the home or business doesn’t have power the agent or client should be understood of the environment in which you have shown up to shoot.

I had picked up a couple battery powered lights as a just in case for REO properties but, have yet to use them as the market has been so, hot.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
This particular property had tricky lighting as the lights were not working in all rooms.

https://www.zillow.com/view-3d-home/6e3f0469-e5d3-41f2-898d-6661af36e76a
Post 6 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
The other issue I think is a drawback is if the the camera's had a light source it would run the battery down even faster. The Z1 battery life is not that good in the first place. Like @lilnitsch pointed out I like the Bushman light because it allows you to power the Z1 camera with a jumper that is supplied with the kit along with lighting up the area rather well. It also supplies you with a threaded spacer and it does not look hooky.
Post 7 IP   flag post
OK, I appreciate all the info guys
Post 8 IP   flag post
PickChuck private msg quote post Address this user
I have a Bushman light and use it all the time with my 360's and sometimes on my stills. For me it cleans up the shadows a bit and let's the Z1 shoot at a bit higher ISO so there is not as much noise to deal with.

It does come with a nifty extension that lets me connect my Z1 to a battery pack that I have on a mic stand.

One can also power the Z1 from the Bushman Halo but I would recommend that you only charge it with it as the cable sticks out of the side and will be something you will have to edit out in post.

Chuck
Post 9 IP   flag post
PickChuck private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a shoot using the Z1 and Halo light.

https://app.cloudpano.com/tours/j37KWHuP8O

Chuck
Post 10 IP   flag post
101705 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?