Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistakrpanomarzipanoPano2vr

How hard is the 3DVista Virtual Tour Pro Learning Curve?14387

AerialWayz private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I have a quick question for any 3DVista users. I am looking at purchasing a 3DVista platform, so from a scale of 1 to 10 how hard is it to learn and start to get results on the platform? I have read it is different from most other platforms.

Is their hosting solution worth it?

Thanks in advance.
John @AerialWayz
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
You can do almost everything with 3Dvista and I found 3dvista relatively easy to learn and to get started as long as you stick with the pre-built skins (difficulty 3). The skins are the user interfaces, that provide you the interactions and functions within the tour.

But you will soon want to build your own tour experiences with your own skins, actions, gamification and maybe also js code and then it can get very complex (difficulty 7-10).

From my point of view 3dvista is the most user friendly tour software if you look at the self-hosted options which are mainly 3dvista, Pano2vr, krpano and some other options like marzipano etc.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hi @MeshImages,

Thanks for the quick reply. Great info and I shall be purchasing this week. I believe they have a hosting platform starting at $99, do you think I would need this additional service option?

Thanks,
John.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I am hosting myself, but Vista hosting is very comfortable. A good option to start with, if you are not a web professional.

I have the SMALL TURN server subscription for live guided tours which is also 99 USD and absolutely worth the money, because I have zero trouble with clients firewalls.

And there is an update for the hosting in the pipeline with indepth analytics. With the release of this new feature, I will probably also add a small hosting subscription.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hi @MeshImages,

Excellent info, many thanks. I see from your site you are from Berlin, small world, my wife is from Berlin and I worked over there for 6 years.

Great forum!
Thanks,
John.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@AerialWayz Florida is not bad either. Viele Gruesse aus Berlin Charlottenburg 😁

[Added by @DanSmigrod -->Google Translate: Many greetings from Berlin Charlottenburg]
Post 6 IP   flag post
Hi @MeshImages,

Vielen Dank fuer deine hilfe.

[Added by @DanSmigrod -->Google Translate: Thanks a lot for your help]

Thanks, John.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Intro to 3DVista Virtual Tour Pro Software with Kevin Dole with Home3D.us in Los Angeles. | Thursday, 13 August 2020

--

3DVista Virtual Tour Pro Software

How to save $60 on 3DVista Virtual Tour Pro Software

---

@AerialWayz

In this WGAN-TV show, Los Angeles-based Kevin Dole @Home3D talks about the learning curve of 3DVista Virtual Tour Pro:

Transcript: WGAN-TV Intro to 3DVista Virtual Tour Pro Software for MSPs

If you use this WGAN Affiliate Link to buy 3DVista Virtual Tour Pro, email me your receipt and receive 12 months free of WGAN-TV Training Academy. (DanSmigrod@WeGetAroundNetwork.com)

Best,

Dan

P.S. WGAN Forum discussions tagged: 3DVista
Post 8 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@AerialWayz Great topic I just started reviewing the software and I am finding it fairly easy to start building a model. The only issue I have found so far is I am using the trial version and there are so many watermarks in the view its hard to see the quality of the final product. I understand the need to protect there product but if you cannot get a good grasp on the view its hard to make a decision on the software.

@MeshImages I hope you can give me a little insight on 3DVista hosting feature, since I have no idea how big these models are, I do not know if the space they provide for $99 for 1 GB is even big enough to be a feasible solution, I wish it would also list average model of 2400 sqrft property with basic feature use xxxx amount of data. How big is your average model size and how many of your models could you host with the $99 plan. If you do not mind since you host it yourself if you would not mind providing a few details on how you are doing that. Thank you in advance.

Ron
Post 9 IP   flag post
Update, @MeshImages if your would definitely gives us some details on how you host your projects. I found my very basic model of 13 panos and no added features use 250MB of data I would be using a quarter of the 1GB of space as long as I was hosting it. But this is not adding any video or hot spots with photos. So this would be the downside of the software unless you were providing a stand alone product to the a client.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Hi Dan @DanSmigrod,

Thanks for the link, I will take advantage of this offer.
Have a Great Weekend.
Thanks, John.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Hi Ron @ron0987,

Thanks for the feedback and the extra questions, will be helpful.
Have a Great Weekend.
Thanks, John.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@ron0987 yes, good question. Large volume clients like the Matterporters won't find the Vista hosting solution sufficient.

1 GB is a lot or not.

You need tools to make the most out of it. Tools like like Jpeg mini.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@ron0987 volume depends on the features you use. Video is probably the most inefficient. I think live guided tour is the path to take. And then Volume multiplies with the users. It's probably all releases are live guided tour enabled in Vista. Maybe, I don't know.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@MeshImages I have a few projects that are not real estate related they use video to up sell products and or explain features. So video would be needed
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987 FYI I can tell the average size of a Matterport tour is 40MB per point.
If you have a 250 points showcase, the total data package is around 10GB.
Compare the cost if you host 10GB by yourself and the Matterport hosting fee.

With Matterport USD69.00 plan, you can store 25 showcases (no matter how big), each will cost <30USD per year.
But with selfhost or other hosting solution it may cost more.
For example: USD99.00 for 1GB means only one 25 points showcase for one year.

Maybe you can understand why Matterport should charge hosting fee, and it is not a bad option.

I suggest Matterport to declare the detail of the hosting cost to all MSPs, and make Matterport hosting to be an option not a must.
Most MSPs will select Matterport hosting for sure because selfhosting will cost more.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@JuMP You definitely make some good points, it definitely is a valid point that I have never though of. It is an eye opener. Especially people like me that have a classic plan.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987 It is good for MSPs to understand the cost of hosting.
Matterport should pay the hosting fee to AWS either.
Yes as a huge client of AWS Matterport must have a very big discount, but can't be free.

Matterport should let MSPs know the benefit from Matterport hosting and then select it, but not force them to use it.
Post 18 IP   flag post
101646 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?