Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor PlansLegalWGAN MarketPlace

Matterport Cloud Agreement: Do Not Remove Matterport Logo/Matterport Notice14362

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Matterport 2D Schematic Floor Plan Example (Matterport Cloud Subscription Agreement (17 November 2020) requires Matterport logo - and "powered by" – not be removed)

Matterport Cloud Agreement: Do Not Remove Matterport Logo/Matterport Notice

Hi All,

Did you know that you can not remove:

1. Matterport logo from the Matterport 2D schematic floor plan.
2. Matterport notices from the Matterport 2D schematic floor plan. ["powered by"]

That's according to the Matterport Cloud Subscription Agreement (17 November 2020) which states:

2.5. Branding. You acknowledge that each Schematic Floor Plan will contain a Matterport logo and other branding and proprietary notices of Matterport. You shall not remove, alter or obscure any such logo, branding or notices.

The Matterport Cloud Subscription Agreement goes on to state:

Notwithstanding the foregoing, however, You may add to each Schematic Floor Plan Your own logo and/or notices, provided that any such logo and/or notices: (a) are in compliance with, and do not result in a violation of, the terms of this Agreement; and (b) shall not state or imply that You are the owner or creator of the Schematic Floor Plan.[/]

I could imagine that if you add your clients' logo, some of your clients' might have concern regarding this statement from the Matterport Cloud Subscription Agreement (particularly if you are under contract specifically not to use your clients' logo in any way for marketing purposes):

[i]11.11. Customer List. Unless You notify Matterport in writing that You do not wish for Matterport to list Your name and logo, Matterport will have the right to include, on its website and sales collateral, Your name and Your logo (if any) in lists that identify customers of the Matterport Cloud, provided that Your name and logo shall be no more prominently featured than references to any other customers.

You can order 2D schematic floor plans from 3rd Party Service Providers:

We Get Around Network MarketPlace | Floor Plans=

Your thoughts about not being able to remove the Matterport logo?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
PeterWolf private msg quote post Address this user
Who cares?
I can choose among dozens, maybe hundreds of service providers that draw floorplans.
Peter
Post 2 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
I just refuse to use matterport for floor plans when I can give other companies the business for a faster turnaround at a similar price.

It’s Matterport’s loss if they choose to dictate in this way
Post 3 IP   flag post
filinto private msg quote post Address this user
Just imagine if Apple would force their iCloud subscribers to have all their uploaded photos with the apple logo somewhere in the picture. If you buy an equipment like the Matterport Pro2 (or like an iPhone)and you subscribe to a payed cloud plan (like iCloud for their larger plans) one would imagine your provider would NOT USE you for their marketing purposes. We all work hard to promote our services and to get our business going so I think we should have the right to get our virtual tours “clean”... with no “piggy back” strategies attached to it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Who's policing this??? Think anyone actually is???
Post 5 IP   flag post
DigitalTwin private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't "remove" the logo, but I may have "masked" over it...
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
It would be nice atleast if they provided a JPG version in the floorplan download, the MLS dies not accept PNG images. My biggest gripe about Matterport floor plans is if you have three floors they will put it all on one image, however each floor is best viewed individually. Other than that they've always turned out brilliant.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah. If I remove their logo they will... what?

Refuse to take my $7000/year that I pay them?

Tell my mom?

What?

What?

What a bunch of idjits.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
BTW- Home3ds is charge $5 for a 1 story floorplan right now.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expertise
Refuse to take my $7000/year that I pay them?

They actually can do it closing your account, you are dealing with business driven by a lot of hired people and it can be irrational.

eBay killed my online business while I was paying them about $3000-4000 per year in fees. It was not their goal of course to kill my business but they started implementing some changes and made a lot of businesses to leave ebay because it was stop being buyer-seller friendly and only aimed at ebay revenue.

Facebook recently lost me as an advertiser over fake clicks charges I did not want to pay. I told them no refund for fake clicks means no ads from me anymore, they did not care. Even though I guess they should as they could see that I spent 10 times more for less than a year but they decided to grab my $150 and be happy with them.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman Why big companies are so stupid? What are they looking for?
Short term profit only?
There are some similar companies in China also.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
They are just monstrosities that chase their own goals and if it means sweeping away small entities they do not really care.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
Let me be the devil on the other shoulder. Matterport is trying to build a brand. A logo is part of that brand. Why do photographers put their logos or names on photos (yes, I know, not everybody)? To build our brand. I think Matterport wants to be the Gold Standard of the 3D imagery business. If MP is the gold standard(that's an if!), they want their logo on the floorplan to show people that you have used the trhe best for your clients.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I can answer that. Usually it is ok to promote anything with their logo when people using a free subscription account, a trial version or basically not paying for anything to produce something. However it is not a case here with Matterport. It is kind of not typical to ask customers to pay monthly for producing content while they still put their logo on it.

I do not need and I am sure I won't have any need to cover Matterport logo.. but I do understand those who want to do it when they are paying for their cloud accounts.

And look at the reality, a default Matterport 3D tour player does not even have a public field to display a photographer brand/name. Most of us are using "Presented By" but it is supposed to be our customer field. What's holding Matterport to create such a field is unexplainable.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101433 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?