Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceHostingIndustryProblems

What happens to the models I host if I quit my subscription to Matterport?14332

Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
Had a client ask me how long I could host a model. I told him that I believed the model could be hosted as long as I held the account. He asked if there was way to "download" the model for their own use. I told him that Matterport owns the "model" and that they only provide a link to myself and anyone I wanted to share it with.

I haven't discussed hosting fees with anyone. Usually my work is with real estate agents and once the house is sold, I archive the model. So this is a new one for me.

Thanks in advance,

Shawn P
Post 1 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Shaun

Your client can download the matterport showcase app and then download the tour onto his device and it will be available as long as you host it.

If you decide to stop paying for hosting you can pass on the hosting of the tour to another MSP or if you have a classic account sell it onto another map with a condition that they host any tours that still need to be kept alive. It would then be up to them to bill your client for hosting

To allow you to view your 3D Tour offline on any apple device firstly you need to download the app

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/matterport-3d-showcase/id1068799884?mt=8

Once installed you can view & download your tours

First open the Cloud tab. Tap the search icon in the top right.

Enter the below 11-character Space ID in the search bar. The Space ID is case-sensitive (use correct capitalization).

This is the last 11 digits at the end of the matterport URL

Once you find them you can download them onto that device for viewing offline. When you backup that device to your icloud or itunes they will be accessible forever even if they ultimately may be removed from the servers.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
@3dshowcaseuk much appreciated.
Post 3 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
You can transfer one model to a new FREE account that your client must open.

Then if they want to share it on a website or anywhere, they must upgrade the FREE account to a STARTER account and pay a monthly fee.

Hope that is clear.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101428 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?