Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistaAdviceDeep LinksHow ToMatterTagsScanningTips

Remodel Before and after scans: stay in same model?14319

PWIMAGING private msg quote post Address this user
I thought I'd ask here, is there any preferred method to scanning an area before and after renovation that would allow the viewer to stay in the same model.

For conversation sake lets use the example of a kitchen. The kitchen would be scanned "before" any work was done. Then "after" the renovation is complete. To eliminate, the viewer to have two windows open on their browser. Would it be possible to have Floor 1 be the "before" and Floor 2 the "after"? So adding the additional floor to the already processed before model?

Thanks,
Phil
Post 1 IP   flag post
DigitalTwin private msg quote post Address this user
Hi PW,

I'm new to this but if using Matterport I believe you could easily use a Mattertag with a deep link that would transport you between one view and another. Perhaps someone else can confirm?
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Phil, 3D Vista has this tool. Twin view. Look here.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@PWIMAGING

Here's how a Matterport Service Provider did the before/after - a hotel banquet space configured for different occasions (using Matterport MatterTags with Matterport deep links (as @DigitalTwin suggested):

โœ“ Matterport of Large Hotel: โ€˜One Room Many Occasionsโ€™ Virtual Tours

@MeshImages

Excellent! Thanks for sharing that link! Cool!

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@MeshImages thank you this was exactly what I have been looking for.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Post 5 IP   flag post
Virtour private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Phil (@PWIMAGING),

There are a few tools that can take the two models and include them on 1 "landing page" for quick navigation. One that comes to mind is Show & Tour - essentially you can provide your client with 1 URL and embed both models on it.

As an example, I found these 2 models of a renovation (before and after) and threw them onto 1 page.

**Please note that I did not film either of those models, I did not produce any of the tours, and have no ownership over these models in any capacity. I have just used the publically available URL's to showcase this function.

Hope this helps!
Noam

https://show.tours/renovations/player
Post 6 IP   flag post
Founder
Show & Tour
Leawood, Kansas
JoshMais private msg quote post Address this user
Great example @Virtour

Here is another example using Show & Tour

Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Ask Matterport, I believe they should have this functionality, they just have never told us about it. Even Dee once said to me it'd be possible to have two or more versions of the same space and switch between each navigating one tour only. It may be what "0" shortcut is doing. At normal tours it just cycles between 3D tour->3D with Render->3D Mesh and then back to 3D tour if you keep pressing 0(zero) However after Dee mentioned it it get me thinking that it can be that you can put as many version sas you want and use the same 0 to switch to a view you need.

Try it on VRPM staged tours at https://www.vrpm.co.uk/staging by pressing 0 and see what is shown.
Post 8 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman It would be great if they would do it. This is something I have been researching and trying to find for awhile now, I have a contractor extremely interested in this feature. In the last 2 months I asked Matterport if it could be done even mentioning Dee had indicated that it was possible. Tech support responded with Dee no longer works here and they have no plans to do that. They would would be interested in the feature if I was developing it for them. So that left me trying to find this feature. Cupix Worx has it but you are required to have a monthly subscription that is more than I want to pay. The 3Dvista so far the best I have seen.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101587 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?