Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
COVID19NewsStatisticsVaccineZillow

'Vaccine Likely to Add More Buyers/Sellers to Red Hot Real Estate Market'14308

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Media Release
---

COVID-19 Vaccine Could Boost Listings Ahead of Home Shopping Season

Zillow survey finds widespread vaccine distribution will likely make homeowners more comfortable selling in a market driven by strong demand.

- A large majority of homeowners (70%) say they would be mostly or completely comfortable moving to a new home with widespread COVID-19 vaccine distribution, compared to about half (52%) who currently feel that way.

- That represents homeowners in 14 million homes who feel newly comfortable moving after widespread vaccination.

- Nearly four in five (78%) homeowners who said the vaccine would impact their decision to sell say they expect it to make them more likely to move.

SEATTLE, Feb. 23, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The COVID-19 vaccine is likely to add more buyers and sellers to an already red hot real estate market.

A new survey1 from Zillow finds a large majority (70%) of homeowners say they would be comfortable moving to a new home after widespread COVID-19 vaccine distribution, a meaningful bump from the 52% who currently feel that way. That amounts to homeowners in more than 14 million homes feeling newly comfortable moving after widespread vaccination.2

Among homeowners who said the vaccine would impact their decision to sell, nearly four-in-five (78%) said they expect it will make them more likely to move.

This research follows Zillow's prediction of 7 million home sales this year, nearly 25% more than in 2020, as more sellers regain the confidence to return to the market at a time of incredible demand. Last fall, Zillow research found financial anxiety and ongoing uncertainty was keeping some would-be sellers on the sidelines, depressing inventory. Now survey results find measures of both life and financial uncertainty have decreased: 25% of homeowners reported their life or financial situation was too uncertain this January, compared to 29% who said the same in November.

Sellers drawn in by more certainty, the vaccine and strong sale prices could help feed a ravenous demand for homes this spring home shopping season. 2020 brought a dramatic acceleration in the speed of the market, with buyers snapping up homes just days after they were listed for sale. That velocity, enabled by the rapid adoption of real estate technology, allowed existing home sales to rise 5.6% while overall inventory fell.

"We expect that the vaccine rollout will likely boost inventory, as sellers become increasingly willing to move despite Covid-19 -- resulting in greater numbers of new listings beginning this spring," says Chris Glynn, principal economist at Zillow. "That injection of inventory could give buyers more options and breathing room in a competitive market. The vaccine, however, will also likely add to already-strong demand, given that most sellers will become buyers as they trade in for a home that better suits their new needs."

That already-strong demand is being driven by both demographic and pandemic-led factors. Millennials -- often considered the largest generational group in the country -- are aging into their peak home-buying years. The generation fueling the Zillow surfing trend is now hitting their mid-30s, the median age of a first-time home buyer.

The Great Reshuffling continues to contribute to unrelenting demand in the for-sale market, as the pandemic has prompted people to rethink how and where they want to live. The freedom to telework has opened up new, affordable housing options all over the country. Real estate tech tools, such as next-generation 3D home virtual tours with interactive floor plans, are enabling shoppers to remotely explore all the possibilities a move could bring.

About Zillow Group

Zillow Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: Z and ZG) is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life's next chapter.

As the most-visited real estate website in the U.S., Zillow® and its affiliates offer customers an on-demand experience for selling, buying, renting or financing with transparency and nearly seamless end-to-end service. Zillow Offers® buys and sells homes directly in dozens of markets across the country, allowing sellers control over their timeline. Zillow Home Loans™, our affiliate lender, provides our customers with an easy option to get pre-approved and secure financing for their next home purchase. Zillow recently launched Zillow Homes, Inc., a licensed brokerage entity, to streamline Zillow Offers transactions.

Zillow Group's affiliates and subsidiaries include Zillow®, Zillow Offers®, Zillow Premier Agent®, Zillow Home Loans™, Zillow Closing Services™, Zillow Homes, Inc., Trulia®, Out East®, StreetEasy® and HotPads®. Zillow Home Loans, LLC is an Equal Housing Lender, NMLS #10287 (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org).

1 Zillow Group Population Science collected a nationally representative sample of more than 1,000 homeowners (household decision makers that own their home and did not move in the past year). From January 26th to January 29th, 2021, the survey asked homeowners questions about how the pandemic and widespread distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine would impact their plans to move.

2 Applied to the American Community Survey's count of all owner-occupied housing units, 14M represents the gap between those that currently feel comfortable moving and those that expect to after widespread distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine.

SOURCE: Zillow via PR Newswire
Post 1 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
I asked a friend who has a PhD in biology and is a doctor what she thought of the Moderna & Pfiser mRNA vaccines vs. the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. Like me she’s concerned about developing autoimmune diseases.

She sent this:

"SHALL I GET VACCINATED"?

Here are 12 important questions and answers before considering getting vaccinated:

●"If I get vaccinated can I stop wearing a mask(s)?"
Government: "NO"
●"If I get vaccinated will the restaurants, bars, schools, fitness clubs, hair salons, etc. reopen and will people be able to get back to work like normal?
●"If I get vaccinated will I be resistant to Covid?"
Government: "Maybe. We don't know exactly, but probably not."
●"If I get vaccinated, at least I won't be contagious to others - right?"
Government: "NO. the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission."
●"If I get vaccinated, how long will the vaccine last?"
Government: "No one knows. All Covid "vaccines" are still in the experimental stage."
● "If I get vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?"
● "If my parents, grandparents and myself all get vaccinated can we hug each other again?"
● "So what's the benefit of getting vaccinated?"
Government: "Hoping that the virus won't kill you."
●"Are you sure the vaccine won't injure or kill me?"
●"If statistically the virus won't kill me (99.7% survival rate), why should I get vaccinated?"
Government: "To protect others."
●"So if I get vaccinated, I can protect 100% of people I come in contact with?"
● "If I experience a severe adverse reaction, long term effects (still unknown) or die from the vaccine will I (or my family) be compensated from the vaccine manufacture or the Government?"
Government: "NO - the government and vaccine manufactures have 100% zero liability regarding this experimental drug"

So to summarize, the Covid19 "vaccine"...
Does not provide immunity.
Does not eliminate the virus.
Does not prevent death.
Does not guarantee you won’t get it.
Does not stop you from passing it on to others.
Does not eliminate travel bans.
Does not eliminate business closures.
Does not eliminate lockdowns.
Does not eliminate masking!

If after reading this you still decide to get the "vaccine"...GOOD LUCK & DON'T SAY YOU WEREN'T WARNED ...And people who question this lunacy are called “crazy”?" I choose to make an informed decision!
Post 2 IP   flag post
MarkJohn private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure where you get a 99.7% survival rate from....most of the 120K deaths in the UK are in the older age groups. So a blanket figure like 99.7% is a dangerous read for anyone older.....

You may want to talk to my cousin who is an anaesthetist in the UK National Health Service (i.e. free medical system) whose been fighting Covid in one of the local hospitals here since March 2020.

I guarantee she'll tell you the opposite....

No vaccine is going to be 100% effective, especially with mutations in the virus, but it will reduce your risk of hospitalisation/death considerably.

We have Pfizer and Oxford/Astra Zeneca vaccines here currently...no Moderna yet.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101429 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?