Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.XYZBLK360GamePoint CloudsPro2

High Density XYZ file to creat a game , is blk 360 good for this project?14296

Istanbul, Turkey
alirizacil private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys,

I need high density xyz data from matterport to create a game. I see that the mp 2 camera does not provide high dencity data. What about blk 360? Is it enough quality to create a game?

Thanks for your advice.

Br

Ali.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Noddy private msg quote post Address this user
Also interested to know more about this
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@alirizacil

You can create dense point clouds with pro 2 which should work as input for unreal engine. BLK data is very "heavy", but if you need exteriors, than you must go with the BLK.

Have a look at Mayanks website, he is an expert in the work with Matterport and other Pointclouds (and he can also provide conversions). Here is a link to his Facebook page where you can find lots of example videos.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
If you want to do it with Matterport you can only use a LiDAR camera that is supported by Matterport and it is BLK360. There may be some other cameras but I only hear people referring to Leica BLK360.

As much as I read about it on forums related to LiDAR scanning it is not the best choice in LiDAR scanning world, Not sure(do not remember) if it's related to density but considering there are LiDARs that can see 100 and 300m probably it is an entry level camera with low density and 30m vision only.

And I am quite sure density is also referred with a distance to an object, if you take a BLK360 and scan a space with a distance 10m to walls/objects it will be much dense vs if you do the same with 28m distance.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101429 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?