Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360OutdoorsQuestions

Best outdoor camera that can be used with matterport?14292

Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
I have been asked to scan the space in the picture which is a glamoing venue outside and inside each unit.

Are there cameras other than the BLK which can be used with matterport to create a tour of all of it. Preferable during sunny weather

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
I use the Theda Z-1. When you scan you should put Z-1 in the last scan point from Pro-2. That way it will align easily.

Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@3dshowcaseuk

I use the Z1 from time to time to fill in exterior spaces

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Likewise, I use Z1 for exteriors in sunlight on occasion, but mostly to create the appearance of water in pools. I find it challenging to get the Z1 "scans" to align accurately. I wish MP would provide an option to MOVE AND PLACE Z1 images as it does for 360s taken by the MP Pro camera. This would markedly improve the accuracy of models combining Pro with Z1 and also speed up the scanning process, eliminating the need to delete and retry Z1 "scans" when they misalign which is common.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
Thank you everyone, so Z1 it is then.

Much appreciated
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@3dshowcaseuk

If you’re have any issues when transitioning from the Pro2 to the Z1 when going from indoors to out. Try overlapping a scan position or two with the Z1
Post 6 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
hi Folks. Sorry I have just thought of a possible issue, if I use the matterport in one of the pods and then go outside with the Z1 will I struggle to get alignment at another one of the PODS in the picture if it is exactly the same?

Or should I be shooting it all inside and out with the Z!?

Thanks again

Mark
Post 7 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
The Maui scan doesn't have shadow changes from the trees. Yours looks to have that.

In this tour I'd be doing outside with BLK and inside with Pro2

BLK is simple in the space you show. Wide open. But can't have ANY movement in the space.

Z1 is photogrammetry...in an outdoor space with changing shadow that is an absolute nightmare. I spent four days trying BLK360/PRO2/and Z1 in a complex outdoor garden. Full days sunrise to sunset. The only correct answer in complex gardens is pro2 at sunrise and sunset. Happily yours isn't complex.

Z1 will compress and expand positions based on shadow with any change of sun position. Blk needs more overlap than a complex garden gives. (Not needed with the layout you show). Pro2 doesn't play well with the infrared of daytime - hence it's an indoor camera. (unless you control the outdoor timing for light)

Watch EACH AND EVERY scan position to see they appear in the right place.

Big open space? Love the BLK. Tight garden walkways? - BLK is not gonna happen. Pros 2 will work with extra effort - tighter scan positions and close attention to placement. Be very patient. You rush you lose.

Shrubs with 1,000 individual leaves make very complex subjects. And they all look alike.

I've had no issue aligning between camera types. But with each type the first scan has to overlap based on the distance of a Matterport not of a BLK. Do your first BLK on or near your last Matterport if switching between cameras.

Keep in mind the height differences between the tripods. Standard BLK at max height is still a bit lower than Matterport on standard tripod at lowest height. So set the Matterport low and the BLK high if using them or you get up and down tour positions that aren't comfortable to the viewer in a tour....makes you feel like a basketball...
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?