Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
COVID19Question of the Day

Question of the Day: What's it like re-inventing yourself due to COVID?14288

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Monday, 22 February 2021:

What's it like re-inventing yourself due to COVID?

I could imagine that some of the WGAN Community are re-inventing themselves as real estate photographers - including 3D/360 virtual tours. Perhaps you are a wedding or events photographer that has seen your business dry up as a result of COVID and are re-tooling/training. What's it like to re-invent yourself?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I've had to shift gears several times since I started my self-employed career in 1976. That itself was even a reinventing as my just-acquired degree suggested that I should get a job in an architect's drafting room. there was a recession going on. 2 geographic relocations necessitated re-inventions as did at least a half dozen recessions of varying degrees, not to mention technological upheavals, and a big one 6 years ago- the expulsion by my former employee then partners from the business I had started. Everyone of these changes represents an opportunity! The firing made me realize what a confederation of dunces that gang actually was and my by-myself income immediately increased and that's precisely when I found Matterport! What a reinvention that was. I like to say that God closed a window and opened a garage door. The status quo nearly always sucks no matter what it is. We are going through a "life quake" right now. A reinvention time provides you the chance to make better choices, go off on new trails, abandon unwanted baggage. I much prefer exploring new territory to waking up to the same grind every morning. Now that I think about it, I pretty much live in a state of reinvention. You gotta roll with the punches.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I recall once reading that the average American will have five careers, meaning significantly different job pursuits, in his/her lifetime. If that's still accurate, I have two more to go after this one in 3D/360.

But I'm having a lot of fun, pushing boundaries and doing what I can to bring new forms of marketing to clients. when I'm presented with an interesting site to promote, I look for an opportunity to showcase it in some way I've never done before. This often turns into more work than I'm being paid for, but makes it interesting and often provides me with an innovation applicable to a future project. Plus it makes life more fun.

Covid has just upped the ante. I've taken the deep dive into 3DVista and am now learning more about high-end (meaning DLSR-based) 360° photography. FYI, for anyone so inclined, 360° ace Nick Powell has just released a comprehensive set of training videos (in 4K on Vimeo!) dedicated to the art of high-end 360° photography, of which he is a master.
360° Virtual Tour Training Course

Thanks to Dan's forum I have learned so much. Covid at first gave me extra time to study new techniques. Now I'm so busy that last week I pulled an "all-nighter" just to barely keep up (was easier in my 20s). Virtual touring is certainly a growth area but we have to innovate or we'll be passed up by others. Let's keep this forum an exciting place to share ideas and grow.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101421 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?