Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCapture AppScansTips

Closets and wardrobes to fill dollhouse1428

Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
So, if a bedroom has lot´s of closets, or wardrobes, and I´d like to fill those areas just for the dollhouse.

Has anyone figure out if it´s better to scan the room with all doors closed first, and then open them. Or if it´s better to scan the room with all areas open, and then close them?

I´ve tried both, and have had problems with both methods (unable to align).

Any ideas, experiences or input is much appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
It's a pain.
I prefer to do the first scan with them closed. Open it up and back the MP off enough that you just get a small amount of the open door and move towards it. It's trial and error to get a feeling where you should start, but just bring in the change slowly.
I assume you know about disabling the unnecessary scans after its processed?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with Jamie it can be a pain. However I prefer to do it with the doors open first. I typically scan into the room with the closet door open. Once it has rendered i close the doors and go back a couple of scan locations and rescan. I then delete the first ones except for in front of the closet. This way the closet doors "open" when you move in front of them. My logic (which could be completely wrong but hey it works for me) is that with the doors open first the matterport captures all the data in the extent of the room. When i rescan with the door closed, the camera does not seem to mind that the data field is smaller and aligns okay. Works probably 90% of the time. As Dan would say "Clear as mud, right".
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Either way works well.
I do them closed first incase I run out of time. Both ways work fine, and are both painful to do
Post 4 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
Yes. Clear as mud

Thanks both of you. I´ve tried both methods, but will attempt to ease into it from a bit further back as suggested. I think I´ve agreed with myself that I usually get better results with closed first, and then opening.

@Jamie - yes I´m aware of disabling the unnecessary scans, but thanks for asking.

I guess it´s just one of those things that takes a bit extra time.

Cheers guys!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@3DscannUK

100 percent successful (time-consuming): begin the second round of scans where the camera does not see the closet

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
@Jamie I tried your method yesterday, worked like a charm. I was surprised that I could even move into the area where the door was closed in the first round. I kind of expected it to be perceived as a "wall" in the walkthrough, and that you could only move up to the scan point outside the door. Very happy that the result was otherwise, albeit not needed as it was only a utility and a small cloakroom.

Thanks for the suggestions
Post 7 IP   flag post
101635 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?