Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
APIDownloadDownload360High ResolutionMSPsSDK

Matterport allowed MSPs get their all Panos finally!14261

WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport allowed MSPs get their all Panos finally!
Not free but not too much.

You should pay another USD150.00 per year to get Developer Tools Annual Licensing Fee (for Private/Internal (Non Commercial) Use)
And USD100.00 per year Extra charges for the Advanced Imagery Pack (all panos, with location data)

That means you can pay USD250.00 per year to get all your panos officially from Matterport directly.
It should be in the maximum resolution 16k x 8k for Pro2.

Please refer below link:
https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360057506813-Matterport-Developer-Tools-Pricing-and-Availability#sandbox-vs-production-access-0-0
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP

Thanks for posting. Great news!

I recall that many WGAN Forum Members have posted this work-around from time-to-time to get the highest resolution of the 360 panoramas from your own Matterport tour:

1. Publish the Matterport Tour to Google Street View
2. Use a Google Sheet View editor such as Panoskin Pro to import the tour from Google Street View
3. Export the highest resolution 360s

Still true?

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
So, we have to buy a license to download our own photos at full resolution?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@3SixtyNow Yes, it is.
But at least it is allowed by Matterport now.
Before you can't do it, even you want to pay more.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @JuMP
@3SixtyNow Yes, it is.
But at least it is allowed by Matterport now.
Before you can't do it, even you want to pay more.

I could imagine that you need an application that enables this download?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
There are lots of methods to get those panos, the key is you can get license now.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@JuMP

Seems like there is an opportunity for a developer to add a Download Button (where you plug in your Matterport API license key).

I wonder why Matterport does not offer a Download High Resolution Button in Matterport Workshop: just as they do for buying Matterport 2D schematic floor plans; Matterport MatterPak and Matterport TruePlan.

For MSPs, this would be way easier than trying to figure out how to use the Matterport SDK/API.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
This is all far too expensive and it does not work for small models.

Matterport has become a ridiculously inflexible system.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@MeshImages USD250.00 is one year license fee no matter how many showcases exported.
Maybe there is a workaround for small models, you can transfer your small models to one MSP who has the license, with his license he can export all panos for you at a reasonable price and then transfer the showcase back to you when the export finished.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
foxwrth13 private msg quote post Address this user
this may sound like a dumb question but ... if I download a 360 image from the current interface. Is there a liscencing issue of what I can do with it? such as plug it into 3D vista?
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@foxwrth13

I am not a lawyer. I don't give legal advice.

Matterport enables the downloading of 360 panoramas. I would have no issues with using the 360s with anyone other platform. I own the copyright to my images.

This may be helpful (a service of WGAN Member @tresdepro)

DOWNLOAD360 Service: Download all the 360ºs from Your Matterport 3D Tour
Free! DOWNLOAD360 will Download All 360s from 10 of Your Matterport Tours

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

How to export (Many) Matterport Tours and Host Them on Other Platforms

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP I understand.

What I want to say is: When I made my decision to go with Matterport in 2015, OBJ data was free, we had free processing every month (also large models) and hosting was affordable.

But now there is a fee for everything and Matterport keeps inventing new fees e.g. for transfers from new contracts to old contracts (classic plans). And today, voila, there is another new fee that will be charged if I plan to use highres of my images. This is ridiculous.

Maybe we will see fees for updates on capture app or camera in the future. Who knows.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@MeshImages yes I hope they push up the hosing fees with about 5X that will weed out all the MSP's charging peanuts for the tours. Also I think they must charge at least $250 for the Matterpack I dont know why they are selling it is cheap? I would sell it for much higher.

Will also allow Matterport to make more money and get more people to use their easy to use technology.

Then Matterport can also start paying us MSP a monthly salary seeing we are working for them and not the other way around and also building their business , I also heard they were going to give all MDP's stock for free. So yeas Matterport is the Elon Musk of virtual Tours, I think Elon needs to buy them, at least he knows how to scale and make money.

This is really Wonderfull news , cant wait for the pricing to go up again exciting times ahead.
Post 13 IP   flag post
ahagert private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwrth13
this may sound like a dumb question but ... if I download a 360 image from the current interface. Is there a liscencing issue of what I can do with it? such as plug it into 3D vista?
did you ever get any insight into this? I am also wondering the same thing. Pulling my 360's and re-creating the tour in 3D Vista.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
foxwrth13 private msg quote post Address this user
I started using downloaded 360s with 3DVista.Comes out pretty well and gets good feedback from clients

Here's one I had staged.

https://cdn.styldod.com/360/3s-sloane/app-files/index.html
Post 15 IP   flag post
ahagert private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwrth13
I started using downloaded 360s with 3DVista.Comes out pretty well and gets good feedback from clients

Here's one I had staged.

https://cdn.styldod.com/360/3s-sloane/app-files/index.html

Looks really good. thanks for sharing.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
From the topic that was posted 4 years ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360

.... By Matterport's TOS stating that we own the copyright, it really makes you think that you have something that you don't have.

I am EXTREMELY optimistic that Matterport will someday allow us to download our copyrighted photography. They could easily sell us the 2k cube faces that I have demonstrated exist at a premium price in order to create a new revenue stream. They can also introduce their own services such as Matterport to StreetView, or allowing a tour to have a Facebook 360 Export wherein they only allow 1 per model and host it themselves.

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/2792/matterport-terms-of-service--copyright-law/

So Chris was right, it happened. And they have started selling us 360s that we actually own.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

DOWNLOAD360 service is no longer available.

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
101437 18 18