Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GimbalsMomenzoStabilizerTranscriptVideo

Video: Which gimbal is best for Momenzo real estate videos with your phone?14232

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Momenzo for Creating and Sharing Real Estate Videos in less than 15 Minutes | See 20+ Momenzo Real Estate Templates | Save 10 percent with this WGAN affiliate link for Momenzo and coupon code: WGAN10

Video: Which gimbal is best for Momenzo real estate videos with your phone? | Video courtesy of Momenzo YouTube Channel | 13 November 2020

---
Save 10 Percent with this WGAN Affiliate Link for Momenzo and Momenzo Coupon Code: WGAN10

Screen Grab 1 | DJI Osmo mobile 3 | DJI OM 4 | Amazon | ($99)
Screen Grab 2 | Zhiyun Smooth 4 | DJI OM 4 | Amazon | ($99)
Screen Grab 3 | Feiyu Vimble 2s | DJI OM 4 | Amazon | ($79)
Screen Grab 4 | Hohem iSteady mobile+ | Amazon | ($76)
Screen Grab 5 | DJI OM 4 | Amazon | ($149)

---

Screen Grab 1 | DJI Osmo mobile 3 | DJI OM 4 | Amazon | ($99)

So let's get started with DJI Osmo Mobile 3. It's very compact. So you can easily put this in your bag. Then we can appreciate the build quality of this gimbal.

And what you're going to see now, when you open it, basically compared to all the other gimbal, this one is quite special. The structure is different and it's perfect if you want to use the wide angle. So for example, if you have an iPhone 11 with a wide angle, it will be perfect because you're not going to see the motors.

So now about the disadvantage about this gimbal. The first time you are going to use this gimbal, you will have to install the DJI mobile app. You have to register and you have to log in. And secondly, what I found out is the movement. In fact, because of this structure is good for the wide angle, but on the opposite, the movements are limited.

---

Screen Grab 2 | Zhiyun Smooth 4 | DJI OM 4 | Amazon | ($99)

Guillaume Taieb (01:09):
So now we have the Zhiyun Smooth 4, we've been using this one for a while. The main advantage of this gimbal is that it can carry big phones.

And what I like as well is with this one, you have a very long tripod. It's very helpful for you shooting to do high movements. And yeah, it's a very strong one.

It's very helpful when you are going to shoot. About the disadvantage of this gimbal, it's very heavy. The handle is quite big as well. And when you are shooting, basically this button if you are not connected to the app, you won't be able to move the phone before recording a shot. Be careful with this gimbal because with long shooting, it can become unpleasant because it's very heavy.

---

Screen Grab 3 | Feiyu Vimble 2s | DJI OM 4 | Amazon | ($79)

Guillaume Taieb (01:59) | Screen Grab 3
So now let's talk about the Feiyu Vimble 2s, so one of the advantage of this gimbal, when you do the setup, you don't have any screw there, which make it easy to balance your phone like this.

Because if you compare with any other gimbal, here you will have this screw that you will use to open and close. And secondly, of course, a big advantage of it is going to be the long extension of the gimbal up to 20 centimeters, which is very helpful when you're going to record because you can start high and go low, which is very helpful for your shootings because you have a lot of flexibility in your shots. So what can I say about the disadvantage of this gimbal? The quality is not that good and the payload is going to be low, so you won't be able to use big phones on it.

Screen Grab 4 | Hohem iSteady mobile+ | Amazon | ($76)

Guillaume Taieb (03:03) | Screen Grab 4
So, now let's go with the Hohem iSteady mobile+.

One of the first advantage of it is the grip. The feeling of the grip is quite good. Then what you will notice, you have some accessory mounts here and there, which is good if you want to add an external light or microphone, and this one is quite powerful for big loads.

So it's very good for big phones. So, but the weaknesses of this one, the quality is not that good. And it looks cheaply built.

And from the reviews, it doesn't look very reliable. So if I had to choose one of them for the next shooting, I will use the Feiyu Vimble 2s because of course of the long extension that's helping a lot and giving you more flexibility for your shots and because it's very easy to use and very easy to set up.
---

Screen Grab 5 | DJI OM 4 | [url=https://amzn.to/3cxlxwK]Amazon | ($149)
---

Screen Grab: Matterport and Related Gear curated by We Get Around Network Founder Dan Smigrod
---

Transcript (video above)

Guillaume Taieb (00:00):
Hi, if you're a real estate agent and you are thinking of buying a gimbal for your real estate videos, here are the four best sellers on the market. We've tried them all in situation, and we're going to give you their strengths and weaknesses.

Screen Grab 1
So let's get started with DJI Osmo Mobile 3. It's very compact. So you can easily put this in your bag. Then we can appreciate the build quality of this gimbal.

And what you're going to see now, when you open it, basically compared to all the other gimbal, this one is quite special. The structure is different and it's perfect if you want to use the wide angle. So for example, if you have an iPhone 11 with a wide angle, it will be perfect because you're not going to see the motors.

So now about the disadvantage about this gimbal. The first time you are going to use this gimbal, you will have to install the DJI mobile app. You have to register and you have to log in. And secondly, what I found out is the movement. In fact, because of this structure is good for the wide angle, but on the opposite, the movements are limited.

Guillaume Taieb (01:09) | Screen Grab 2
So now we have the Zhiyun Smooth 4, we've been using this one for a while. The main advantage of this gimbal is that it can carry big phones.

And what I like as well is with this one, you have a very long tripod. It's very helpful for you shooting to do high movements. And yeah, it's a very strong one.

It's very helpful when you are going to shoot. About the disadvantage of this gimbal, it's very heavy. The handle is quite big as well. And when you are shooting, basically this button if you are not connected to the app, you won't be able to move the phone before recording a shot. Be careful with this gimbal because with long shooting, it can become unpleasant because it's very heavy.

Guillaume Taieb (01:59) | Screen Grab 3
So now let's talk about the Feiyu Vimble 2s, so one of the advantage of this gimbal, when you do the setup, you don't have any screw there, which make it easy to balance your phone like this.

Because if you compare with any other gimbal, here you will have this screw that you will use to open and close. And secondly, of course, a big advantage of it is going to be the long extension of the gimbal up to 20 centimeters, which is very helpful when you're going to record because you can start high and go low, which is very helpful for your shootings because you have a lot of flexibility in your shots. So what can I say about the disadvantage of this gimbal? The quality is not that good and the payload is going to be low, so you won't be able to use big phones on it.

Guillaume Taieb (03:03) | Screen Grab 4
So, now let's go with the Hohem iSteady mobile+.

One of the first advantage of it is the grip. The feeling of the grip is quite good. Then what you will notice, you have some accessory mounts here and there, which is good if you want to add an external light or microphone, and this one is quite powerful for big loads.

So it's very good for big phones. So, but the weaknesses of this one, the quality is not that good. And it looks cheaply built.

And from the reviews, it doesn't look very reliable. So if I had to choose one of them for the next shooting, I will use the Feiyu Vimble 2s because of course of the long extension that's helping a lot and giving you more flexibility for your shots and because it's very easy to use and very easy to set up.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, I got opinions about gimbals!

The most important feature for me (and I would suggest for anyone shooting real estate) is the ability of the gimbal to support a wide-angle phone lens without showing the gimbal arm in the frame. I know for sure that two gimbals in this list have that feature: DJI Osmo 3 and the Hohem iSteady. The other two gimbals can also work to support a wide angle lens, but the handle would need to held like a flashlight horizontally instead of vertically. So you could shoot wide angle with a Zhiyun but you'd be somewhat limited to the angle you can hold the gimbal and not catch the gimbal arm in the frame. For me, that was a show-stopper.

I tried the iSteady first because it was less expensive than the DJI. It is smaller than the DJI, can be put easily in your jacket pocket. I decided to send it back mainly because the DJI supports the Android camera app FilmicPro so the gimbal buttons can start/stop the video filming. This becomes an important feature when shooting short clips in a house. Instead of needing to touch the phone screen to start/stop, and risk jiggling or jerking the phone on the gimbal, touching the button on the gimbal to start/stop filming avoids any shaking. The DJI 3 is the previous generation to the current DJI 4, so the DJI 3 is so close in price now to the iSteady, that the difference of $20 makes more sense to purchase the DJI. The DJI has a decent native camera app, too. It comes with a nice case and short tri-leg stand.

I found a very comprehensive review of four gimbals back in the summer. The DJI 3 and iSteady were among that group, so it's a useful source of more information if you are interested. There is also a follow-up second gimbal video on that channel looking at the native software for the gimbals. Link to the first review is here: clickable text

Video: DJI Osmo Mobile 3 vs Moza Mini S & Mini MX vs Zhiyun Smooth 4 and Q2 vs Hohem iSteady X Part1 | Video courtesy of Zdenka Darula YouTube Channel | 24 July 2020

During my search for my optimal gimbal, I came across a great source on YouTube for how to shoot cinegraphic gimbal moves. One just came out yesterday, there are several other very good ones on this guy's channel: clickable text

Video: How To Shoot Hollywood Camera Moves WITH A PHONE! | Cinematic Filmmaking Tips For Beginners | Video courtesy of Learn Online Video YouTube Channel | 13 February 2021

There has been some attention on this board in the past couple weeks on the Momenzo app (a WGAN-Live TV review from last Friday, Feb. 12). That particular app could easily be used without a gimbal because it's geared around short clips (up to 5 seconds in Beginner mode) that are simple scans of a room. In that case, you could simply stand still and move your hands holding the camera in an upward scan or swinging to the right or left and get a decent view of a room. A gimbal becomes useful when you are moving your feet because the gimbal can smooth out the shot. The gimbal enables capturing some more cinegraphic shots, especially when you attach the gimbal to a monopod stand that extends the potential movement in a shot. The second link I posted above has some good examples of those kinds of shots that go beyond a simple scan of a room.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Dataventurer

Thank you for sharing your smartphone gimbal research and analysis!

This is so helpful to the Community.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
101719 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?